Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This new grinder from eureka comes with 65mm burrs but I can’t find it anywhere for sale. Does anyone know where it can be bought?

Although I have to confess being a little worried about being an early adopter!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coffee Italia offered an "incentive" of 2.5% off the retail price iirc if you paid via "bacs/money-transfer/bank"....whilst this looked good in reality it was their way of making sure you couldn't cla

Its bigger, i suppose though if you make the housing smaller theres less free space for grounds to occupy.  I think the only way to truely tell between retention and exchange would be to grind re

FYI on all my equipment I loosen the mains cable clamp, insert excess cable into the body and re-clamp. Can do it on the Mignon as well as nearly any machine or grinder to be honest! If you want video

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Geezercdg said:

...Although I have to confess being a little worried about being an early adopter!

Why ?

* Because it's a Eureka ?

* Because it has 65mm burrs ?

* All of the above ?

* None of the above/other ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for these replies. Bella Barista say they are expecting a shipment but because of Brexit etc and delays and covid they cant say when they might arrive. In the meantime I am in a quandry, do I wait or go for a specialita 55 (which is what I had intended to do before I heard of the 65mm XL version. 

I've been down the `Grinder rabbit hole` for quite a while now and would quite like to come out! 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Why ?

* Because it's a Eureka ?

* Because it has 65mm burrs ?

* All of the above ?

* None of the above/other ?

More to the point why would people be desperately excited about it compared to other grinders? 

Mignon on steroids , same 4 g retention ? Same unfriendly adjustment mec? 

I see it has “diamond burrs” but in a home setting I’d be surprised if anyone goes through enough coffee to run through the normal burrs .

What is granulometry? ( hint it isn’t anything ) 

Lots of marketing talk that until we see one seems a little hollow tbh. 

There is no reason not to buy it from Eureka , they are decent grinders , they are not Baraztza :) it’s is not new technology but currently I dont see a compelling reason to buy. 

Let’s see it pulled apart, what’s the retention , how well aligned it is , are the burrs a new design or just off the shelf ones coated ? 

Will tell us who is is aimed at, as seems a little woolly, has a hopper , is it a decaf Grinder fo shops or another addition to the bewildering line up of eureka home grinders ?

Edited by Mrboots2u
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reasons to be interested in the xl;
•on demand - single dosing isn’t right for everyone
•smaller footprint than a mazzer or other Eureka grinders
•established brand
•bigger burrs - bigger is better isn’t it?
[emoji2369]
I’d rather have an atom though. Purely based on styling. I already have a Mignon so would want something that looks different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rickv said:

Reasons to be interested in the xl;
•on demand - single dosing isn’t right for everyone
•smaller footprint than a mazzer or other Eureka grinders
•established brand
•bigger burrs - bigger is better isn’t it?
emoji2369.png
I’d rather have an atom though. Purely based on styling. I already have a Mignon so would want something that looks different.

Agree 

Still good to know , whats the retention ( even using a hopper ) , people may want to purge or not., 

Bigger burrs can be better if not wonky aligned out of factory and flat burrs are more dependent on this than conical.  

Yep is a great brand , I just dont see them currently really pushing anything new into the home market , just fudges around what they have, which is a little disappointing as it will challenge others to do the same . At the moment all the flat burr home grinders that are new are £1600 plus ( Levercraft , Lagom , Monoliths ) . Real competition wil come when someone can do a great single dosing flat burrs for under £1000 . 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rickv said:

Reasons to be interested in the xl;
•on demand - single dosing isn’t right for everyone
•smaller footprint than a mazzer or other Eureka grinders
•established brand
•bigger burrs - bigger is better isn’t it?
emoji2369.png
I’d rather have an atom though. Purely based on styling. I already have a Mignon so would want something that looks different.

Oh that's interesting. I was close to puplling the trigger on the perfecta and then spoke to Bella barista and they said there was a new one coming that would be "a game changer" so I thought I would wait. I know its subjective but I think the mignon looks more stylish than the atom which reminds me of a food processor. How do you find the mignon?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mrboots2u said:

More to the point why would people be desperately excited about it compared to other grinders? 

Mignon on steroids , same 4 g retention ? Same unfriendly adjustment mec? 

I see it has “diamond burrs” but in a home setting I’d be surprised if anyone goes through enough coffee to run through the normal burrs .

What is granulometry? ( hint it isn’t anything ) 

Lots of marketing talk that until we see one seems a little hollow tbh. 

There is no reason not to buy it from Eureka , they are decent grinders but currently I dont see a compelling reason to buy. 

Let’s see it pulled apart, what’s the retention , how well aligned it is , are the burrs a new design or just off the shelf ones coated ? 

Will tell us who is is aimed at, as seems a little woolly, has a hopper , is it a decaf Grinder fo shops or another addition to the bewildering line up of eureka home grinders ?

Yes, some good points, what is granulometry!

 

What's a better grinder that looks stylish too (up to £700) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Geezercdg said:

Oh that's interesting. I was close to puplling the trigger on the perfecta and then spoke to Bella barista and they said there was a new one coming that would be "a game changer" so I thought I would wait. I know its subjective but I think the mignon looks more stylish than the atom which reminds me of a food processor. How do you find the mignon?

Not sure its this grinder from what I can see . 

Game changer really is one of those phrases that makes my eye twitch :)

I cant think of any game changer grinder currently , they all grind coffee ? then again I wont spend 2k on a grinder there have been some great progressions in getting grinders to suit people’s needs better - single dosing, size, quietness, flexibility ( rpm ) . They all still work on the same basic principles grinders have for donkeys  years. 

Edited by Mrboots2u
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Geezercdg said:

Yes, some good points, what is granulometry!

 

What's a better grinder that looks stylish too (up to £700) 

What do you want it to do , be less concerned about the looks and having something that does what you want. 

Hopper fed ? Single dose ? Etc etc 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Agree 
Still good to know , whats the retention ( even using a hopper ) , people may want to purge or not., 
Bigger burrs can be better if not wonky aligned out of factory and flat burrs are more dependent on this than conical.  
Yep is a great brand , I just dont see them currently really pushing anything new into the home market , just fudges around what they have, which is a little disappointing as it will challenge others to do the same . At the moment all the flat burr home grinders that are new are £1600 plus ( Levercraft , Lagom , Monoliths ) . Real competition wil come when someone can do a great single dosing flat burrs for under £1000 . 

Indeed. With regards to retention though I wonder how many home users could tell the difference in a blind taste test, purged vs unpurged. Eureka have a 65mm single dose grinder due out this year I read. Also the new Zeus and Century at some point should have some new tech. Again more business than prosumer but hopefully some trickle down tech in the next year.
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mrboots2u said:

What do you want it to do , be less concerned about the looks and having something that does what you want. 

Hopper fed ? Single dose ? Etc etc 

Single dose, espresso, dont care about a hopper as I dont store in them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rickv said:


Indeed. With regards to retention though I wonder how many home users could tell the difference in a blind taste test, purged vs unpurged. Eureka have a 65mm single dose grinder due out this year I read. Also the new Zeus and Century at some point should have some new tech. Again more business than prosumer but hopefully some trickle down tech in the next year.

Like a lot of things in regards to grinders, pep rays most couldn’t tell the difference, and nearly never dozens anyone blind taste test. 

But they read and consume stuff on forums and make decision based on data, myths , hearsay etc :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Geezercdg said:

Single dose, espresso, dont care about a hopper as I dont store in them.

Then why go for a hopper fed grinder , which probably has alt least 4 g retention ( guessing ) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Geezercdg said:

Single dose, espresso, dont care about a hopper as I dont store in them.

Perhaps have a think about what is more important to you and what you want to focus on , how it looks or its functionality and how that fits your workflow 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mrboots2u said:

Then why go for a hopper fed grinder , which probably has alt least 4 g retention ( guessing ) 

I've been looking for the best grinder so under £700 and the mignon was recommended by clumsygoat chap. I'd be happy to take advice so anything you can recomend?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh that's interesting. I was close to puplling the trigger on the perfecta and then spoke to Bella barista and they said there was a new one coming that would be "a game changer" so I thought I would wait. I know its subjective but I think the mignon looks more stylish than the atom which reminds me of a food processor. How do you find the mignon?

What grinder are you using currently? I’m very happy with my Mignon. I’ve got a specilita and a manuale. I’m only a year in so I guess still wet behind the ears and Boots has a lot more experience than I do. I’m just airing the point of more of a newbie. Style is subjective and maybe I just fancy a change.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Then why go for a hopper fed grinder , which probably has alt least 4 g retention ( guessing ) 

Fair point. I’m looking for the easy option so always have a half full hopper and love the on demand. I toyed with the idea of the niche but don’t want the work flow that goes along with it. I have two young children though and time is precious and I’m constantly spinning plates. Would love to try one and see if I can tell the difference in the cup though.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

    New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.


    Advertising

    Coffee Forums Media Kit

    Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!


    Donate / Sponsor

    Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

    image.png



    Coffee Forums Logo
     




×
×
  • Create New...