Coffee Forums banner

MaraX - Brew Leaver Button - Not Returning to correct Position

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  DavecUK 
#1 ·
Hello All,

Today I used the machine to make a coffee, shotand steam. All went well.

Then I tried to make another shot, and no water came out.

I saw that the Button that makes contact with the brew leaver was not out.

Pulled it out manually with a knife; tried the machine again and got steam through the group head.

Turned off the machine, turned on - now I had dual flashing lights.

Turned off the machine, reseated the water tank and confirmed no blockeges.

Turned on the machine, but this time with the button moved out. The boiler started to fill, attempt to pour a shot and water came via the drip tray and would not stop.

Not sure how this occured from myself making a shot.

Any ideas on how best to fix?

See less See more
#8 ·
Hi All,

Thanks for the prompt responses, I've done a little video response as it might be easier to see.

Do we think somehow the switch has moved? I thought it was extended further out before; but I don't seem to have a photo of that before the issue!

Now the the three lights flashing, according to the manual indicate the boiler filling phase has exceeded the maxium time; but how could this be true when the machine is just turned on.

The coffee I made before my girlfriend did a video of me; was sending it to a close friend showing him new setup. This is not intended for mass auidances, but if you think it would help I could upload to youtube unlisted and share..

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Do we think somehow the switch has moved? I thought it was extended further out before; but I don't seem to have a photo of that before the issue!
Something is wrong with the switch. 😞 It should spring out, like shown below. Not sure if it's easily fixed, but if you are comfortable with taking the case off, maybe have a look inside to see if there is anything obvious you can try to fix? Otherwise you will probably need a new one. I would imagine the other problems are likely to go away when you sort this.

#11 ·
30 minutes ago, Doram said:

Something is wrong with the switch. 😞 It should spring out, like shown below. Not sure if it's easily fixed, but if you are comfortable with taking the case off, maybe have a look inside to see if there is anything obvious you can try to fix? Otherwise you will probably need a new one. I would imagine the other problems are likely to go away when you sort this.

Thought I responded!

Thank you - I will open the machine up on Friday evening / Saturday, looks pretty straight forward to open

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello All,

1. Then I tried to make another shot, and no water came out.

I saw that the Button that makes contact with the brew leaver was not out.

2. Pulled it out manually with a knife; tried the machine again and got steam through the group head.

Turned off the machine, turned on - now I had dual flashing lights.

Turned off the machine, reseated the water tank and confirmed no blockeges.

3. Turned on the machine, but this time with the button moved out. The boiler started to fill, attempt to pour a shot and water came via the drip tray and would not stop.

Not sure how this occured from myself making a shot.

Any ideas on how best to fix?
1. Pump actuation button behind the brew lever cam is sticky

2. Was the lever still up?

3. Button stuck in, pump runs and shed water through expansion valve into drip tray...doesn't matter what you do with lever.

Hi All,

4. Now the the three lights flashing, according to the manual indicate the boiler filling phase has exceeded the maxium time; but how could this be true when the machine is just turned on.
4. Machine is coded not to run the pump if the brew lever is left up (hence pump actuation button pressed in). If your button is stuck on, you won't get the pump to run until it comes out and goes back in. It's part of the protection routines, if the lever is left up.

Pump button is either misaligned through the panel, or faulty....

#14 ·
1. Pump actuation button behind the brew lever cam is sticky

2. Was the lever still up?

3. Button stuck in, pump runs and shed water through expansion valve into drip tray...doesn't matter what you do with lever.

4. Machine is coded not to run the pump if the brew lever is left up (hence pump actuation button pressed in). If your button is stuck on, you won't get the pump to run until it comes out and goes back in. It's part of the protection routines, if the lever is left up.

Pump button is either misaligned through the panel, or faulty....
Agree pretty sure that it is faulty; I've been trying to loosen any componets inside the button with WD40 today; see video attached that I sent to the suplier during conversations.

End verdirect was if this does not work, then the switch needs replacing; all of this and coffee beans just arrived :(

Latest video of the button:

#15 ·
There is a spring inside, it looks as if the spring has broken. Possibly half the spring working, evidenced by flicking out when you fully compressed it.

You should be able to feel the spring tension as soon as you press on the end / roller

They are slightly adjustable by manipulating the two knurled nuts on the threaded barrel. But the spring is stuck or partially broken on yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.