Coffee Forums banner

Hello from Bristol

406 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  28653 
#1 ·
Hi all,

long time lurker here, but even longer coffee (and tea) drinker. Also home baker (sourdough, whole grain, crunchy, seeded), and now hobby coffee roaster.
And no - I didn't need a new hobby - but the temptation was, well - just far too strong for me.
From a well loved Gaggia Classic I made the step-up to my Bezzera Mitica several years ago. Why an E61 HX model?
I always joke to friends it's the steam machine I never had as a boy. But undeniably there is a 'play' factor in 'hands on' machines like this, and that just appeals to me. Tweaking my grind, temp, watching the coffee flow, tasting... it's an exciting learning curve.
The 'play' factor and curiosity also lead me down a dark alley into buying a used 1992 La Pavoni Europiccola.
Great to use for one or 2 coffees with a short heat up time.
Now I blame the lockdowns for my latest adventure: last year I also started roasting with a pop corn machine and some green beans, then chasing beans in a stainless steel bowl with a heat gun, burning my fingers by cooling them with colander juggling...so come Christmas there was a good reason to get myself the new Behmor 2000AB.
First roast are promising and great fun. I hope to report a bit more in time, also exploring beans of many more origins and lighter roasts then I usually tend to buy.

I have found a lot of inspiration, knowledge and tips here on this forum - so thank you all for the lively discussions and sharing.
Wishing a Happy New Year to you all, Steve

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.