IGNORED

MaraX did something scary!

I have a 2 year old Mira which does something similar. If I leave it it settles down or if I open the water spout it stops straight away. 

first you hear the pressure valve open then the pump kicks in but if you open the group the water doesn’t come out very fast. 

it’s done it a dozen or so times in the last 18 months. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The big difference is...I do a video now and again when I want to or as part of a review and they are not professionally produced. Quite frankly I'm surprised anyone subscribes. I think I had about 40

The reason might be that you use the machine to make coffee. Looking at @Vonplatz video, it seems his Mara X is used to power a 19th century factory plugged at the back. With this perspective £27 migh

1. My machine was on for 15 hours per day every day 2. As above 3. I don't use the hot water for americanos (e.g. as a kettle), but it shouldn't make much difference. You are better off usin

Mine is still on steam priority mode with no issues.

I'm still waiting for the reseller to contact me but since there has been a severe snow storm I'm not expecting any answers soon.

Mine has been diagnosed as the boiler fill solenoid valve or the temperature sensor in the brew chamber.  It is being sent back today for repair.  (Excellent service from BB!)

The guy on the phone also said that the info from Lelit was wrong and that setting 0 is actually brew priority mode.  Is this something you guys have noticed?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Tim95 said:

The guy on the phone also said that the info from Lelit was wrong and that setting 0 is actually brew priority mode.  Is this something you guys have noticed?

if you see the pressure fluctuating, then it’s brew priority. If it’s steady, then it’s steam priority. Simples!

Explained here:

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

On 07/01/2021 at 12:29, zellleonhart said:

Just to pitch in about electricity usage - my wifi smart plug can measure usage (might not be as accurate as kill-a-watt but at least a ball park figure).

Below are the kWh data over the past few days:

9:30am to 16:00 (3 shots, 2 steams): 0.86 kWh

9:30am to 10:40am (1 shot 1 steam): 0.33 kWh

9:30am to 10.45am (1 shot 1 steam): 0.34 kWh

Looks like a fresh start up for an hour plus 1 milk drink will use about 0.33 kWh. Maybe this data could help you to figure out something.

Just realised I never thanked this forum member!

Great info..

• Like 1

This is a link to the issue I have seen, It's an older Mara not the X and has been happening from about 6 months old.

Do you think it’s the same issue or similar?

1 hour ago, Pete10uk said:

This is a link to the issue I have seen, It's an older Mara not the X and has been happening from about 6 months old.

Do you think it’s the same issue or similar?

Difficult to say but in some ways looks the same and in others not.

In my case the machine has a distinctive pressure release noise and steam comes from the opv valve exhuast.

In your case I didn't see that happening but I did see the pressure climb steeply in the steam boiler.

2 hours ago, Tim95 said:

Did you get this sorted in the end?  Mine has just come back from the workshop and has had a Rocket temperature sensor fitted.  Fingers crossed it does the trick (seems ok so far!) 

@Tim95 I wondered if you have been following the MaraX steaming issues thread on here? Was it Bella Barista that have serviced your machine by any chance?

What symptoms were you having? 

My MaraX is going back today to BB for suspected same issue...

Edited by itguy
  • Like 1
Did you get this sorted in the end?  Mine has just come back from the workshop and has had a Rocket temperature sensor fitted.  Fingers crossed it does the trick (seems ok so far!) 
Still waiting for feedback from reseller who is waiting for instructions from Lelit.

Machine is working fine in coffee mode however.
1 hour ago, itguy said:

@Tim95 I wondered if you have been following the MaraX steaming issues thread on here? Was it Bella Barista that have serviced your machine by any chance?

What symptoms were you having? 

My MaraX is going back today to BB for suspected same issue...

@Vonplatz  In setting 0 (which I thought was brew mode) the steam pressure was ramping up off the scale (I think about 5/6 bar) and it was making a noise like a (very loud) steam train whistle while the over pressure valve was releasing the pressure.  (I have a video but can't seem to share here).

It was Bella Barista.  I've been really impressed with their super quick service.  I got the machine back within 2 days! 

I've heard in a couple of places now that some machines have setting 0 as brew priority and some setting 1.  Looking at the video shared by MediumRoastSteam, I actually think that my machine is in brew mode in setting 1... 

I haven't been looking at the steam thread as I don't tend to make milk drinks so haven't noticed any problems.  Is this related to the same issue?

• Like 1

Ahh, no, it isn’t the same issue, although it looks like two (and potentially 3) MaraX have got faulty steam temperature sensors - there are two sensors on the machine and it sounds like it is the other one on yours that is causing the problem... interesting that there are lots of sensor faults.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, itguy said:

Ahh, no, it isn’t the same issue, although it looks like two (and potentially 3) MaraX have got faulty steam temperature sensors - there are two sensors on the machine and it sounds like it is the other one on yours that is causing the problem... interesting that there are lots of sensor faults.

Bad batches happen in electronics, and if the manufacturer's batch tests don't catch that it goes out of spec in this use case, it'll pass and ship to the company. 

Spoke to reseller yesterday, apparently there have been cases of this happening in other countries. Possibility down to a bad circuit board.

The guy was explaining it just when I was about start teaching a class and I couldn't fully concentrate on what he was saying.

Lelit have shipped some parts and they'll (reseller) try to refit one when it arrives.

It's strange though as the machine is performing perfectly normally in coffee mode again.

Just now, profesor_historia said:
11 minutes ago, zellleonhart said:
Mine just had this issue happened to my 3-weeks old Mara X. Oh my goodness, I am so worried now emoji20.png

I would contact the seller immediately without delay.

I just contacted the seller, he has extra steam temperature probes and I will send it back to him tomorrow to do a proper diagnosis.

Apparently this could have happened for a few times before myself knowing! Because I use a smart plug to turn itself on every morning before I am awake. For 2 times in the past, the steam boiler pressure stayed at 2.6 bar even after 40minutes of warm up at Brew Priority Mode.

I just contacted the seller, he has extra steam temperature probes and I will send it back to him tomorrow to do a proper diagnosis.
Apparently this could have happened for a few times before myself knowing! Because I use a smart plug to turn itself on every morning before I am awake. For 2 times in the past, the steam boiler pressure stayed at 2.6 bar even after 40minutes of warm up at Brew Priority Mode.
Well let's hope it's nothing serious and can be fixed easy.

@Vonplatz Did you get your machine fixed yet? If yes, what component was changed?

I received my machine back earlier this week, the reseller changed the solid state relay and he tested just fine. The first 3-4 warm ups were fine at my home, but the next one shot up to beyond 4 bar pressure again (out of the gauge's reading). This morning it didn't shoot that high to 4 bar but the HX temperature is very inconsistent, I added the PID read out (https://github.com/alexrus/marax_timer) and it shows 100C HX temp after 40 mins of warm up. This is strange.

9 hours ago, fitzgerald91 said:

I had a boiler overheating problem too the last days and it could be fixed by switching back to water filtered by the Lelit filter in the water tank. Then today I saw this video which somehow confirms my experience. Any thoughts on that?

https://youtu.be/peX93sksu6k

I don't think that's the case with mine, I have tried both RO water (like Osmio) and filtered water with low ppm, both results in the same. Also, I have a data read out from the Mara X that shows the PID reading. Both HX and steam temperature reading seems to be detected well. It even overheats even though the steam temperature shows 135°C already.

22 hours ago, Vonplatz said:

My reseller contacted me saying that the part had arrived and asked if I would fit it myself. My machine has been behaving for weeks

Thanks for your reply, glad to hear that it has been well. I just brought my machine to the retailer's place, tested to be problematic as well. Hopefully the parts arrive quickly.

4 hours ago, zellleonhart said:

Thanks for your reply, glad to hear that it has been well. I just brought my machine to the retailer's place, tested to be problematic as well. Hopefully the parts arrive quickly.

Yes, lets hope that the issue can be dealt with quickly..