IGNORED

Veteran Silvia User - Pastures new !

Hi folks

Just about to move on my Silvia / Mignon bundle.

Have been perfecting my ritual, dialling in all parameters to its best.

Now looking to future proof the next 5 years

Seriously considering E61 Flow Control - ECM or Profitec ...

Any advise most appreciated

Gaz

• Like 2

There was a profitec for sale used still in warranty recently guess it’s comes down to budget......

I have a sneaky suspicion the seller is a member here 

Edited by HDAV
  • Thanks 1

Ooh..

Looked at the Bianca @ Bella Baristas before Crimbo.  

It’s what got my juices flowing tbh and kicked me into moving on my Silvia package to move upto prosumer field

The Lelit at first glance looked neat, particularly the wood features.

Still need to understand the brand Quality / reliability against the known contenders as understand they may offer more for money in a competitive market place ???

Super excited an understatement

• Like 1

Lots of options open to you. I am guessing as you are looking at ECM then you really value build quality and design.

We have a machine that might be of interest to you - the Izzo Alex Duetto IV. They are supremely well put together and feature stainless throughout. Flow control can be added by us or yourself at a later date if you wanted to get to grips with the machine first. 

You will be future proof for 5 years no problem and still have plenty of value in the machine should you wish to upgrade.

We can do unbeatable deals on a grinder machine combo for forum members.

David 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Coffee | Espresso Machines | Grinders | Accessories

Izzo Alex Duetto and Alex Leva now in stock!

What grinders were you considering for the upgrade? Would be interesting to see what improvements you noticed retaining the Rancilio and upgrading the grinder only as you’ve been using your current combo for so long. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for reply’s 

Ok,  I’m now in a position to move up a gear 😁

Before i make my next purchase i would really appreciate your thoughts on the pros and cons between a Dual Vs Exchange Boiler against the following usage/requirements:

• Average Daily Pull loads @ Mon-Fri x2 shots (with milk) / Weekends x6 shots 
  • From warm-up, stable + consistent group head temp/pressure
  • From Warm-up, Instant dry steam with plenty of oomph
  • Capability to flow control
  • Possibly looking to plumb in so anything to do with mainline pressure control.
  • anything else important?

Lots to ask i know but this will really help me clear some fog.

ta in advance 👍

Upto 2.5k including a grinder. 

My concern is more of over killing it when it’ll get such little use in the week. 
When folk go out to work in week how does anyone make use of their machines? (Warm up on timer and slickly make take away latte for daily commute)
Was told Exchange boiler would be best suited with fresh water to group head rather than stored water in dual boiler?? 
At weekends will be different story with Lots of time to enjoy tinkering with group head variable flow so not sure which boiler type would work best👍

7 minutes ago, Fleckers said:

Upto 2.5k including a grinder. 

My concern is more of over killing it when it’ll get such little use in the week. 
When folk go out to work in week how does anyone make use of their machines? (Warm up on timer and slickly make take away latte for daily commute)
Was told Exchange boiler would be best suited with fresh water to group head rather than stored water in dual boiler?? 
At weekends will be different story with Lots of time to enjoy tinkering with group head variable flow so not sure which boiler type would work best👍

go out to work!? what is this magic going out thing you discuss.

personally, before i was locked to my desk in my house i used to have my machine wake up and be hot before i was out of bed so i could make espresso before work. was the way i started the day (and still do!). A good machine will only take you as long as you want it to take to make a perfect drink. I think if i was to have a milk drink in a keepcup to take with me it would take about 5mins in total. Which is about the same amount of time to boil the kettle, brew a tea bag, etc etc

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

Took delivery of the Synchronika yesterday. A little overwhelmed with the bling 🤑 tbh

I thought the steam / hot water wands were cool to touch but are definitely not !!

When ECM say cool touch do they mean cool to touch when on??

Appreciate your feedback guys 😁

24AC69A1-CF84-46C4-83FE-B8C634EA374D.jpeg

• Like 3

That's a gorgeous looking machine. I really like the joysticks for steam and water, although my R58 has taps/rotary knobs, whatever.

On mine, the 'no burn' steam arm has a rubber tube up the middle, which needs to seal against the thread of the steam tip. Perhaps yours doesn't quite seal and steam is being forced up the side? Or the inner rubber tube is missing? That said, "no burn" isn't the same as "cool touch" - they do get hot, but not as lethal as without the inner tube. (People do take the tube out sometimes to increase steam power, but the wand will get scary hot). Mine doesn't have the rubber finger grips, so maybe the Rocket wands don't get as hot.

I would recommend removing the "Warning, Hot" sticker on the group before repeated heat cycles burn the glue and make it discolour and hard to get off.

Enjoy the new machine! Hopefully you're already enjoying better coffee, or more consistency.

Before lockdown I used to have mine on a timer, and make a flat white in a keep cup. Now I am wfh I still do the same timer routine but pour it into a nice Acme cup and drink it at the table. What I save in diesel I'm probably spending on milk, beans and kWh!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, hotmetal said:

That's a gorgeous looking machine. I really like the joysticks for steam and water, although my R58 has taps/rotary knobs, whatever.

On mine, the 'no burn' steam arm has a rubber tube up the middle, which needs to seal against the thread of the steam tip. Perhaps yours doesn't quite seal and steam is being forced up the side? Or the inner rubber tube is missing? That said, "no burn" isn't the same as "cool touch" - they do get hot, but not as lethal as without the inner tube. (People do take the tube out sometimes to increase steam power, but the wand will get scary hot). Mine doesn't have the rubber finger grips, so maybe the Rocket wands don't get as hot.

I would recommend removing the "Warning, Hot" sticker on the group before repeated heat cycles burn the glue and make it discolour and hard to get off.

Enjoy the new machine! Hopefully you're already enjoying better coffee, or more consistency.

Before lockdown I used to have mine on a timer, and make a flat white in a keep cup. Now I am wfh I still do the same timer routine but pour it into a nice Acme cup and drink it at the table. What I save in diesel I'm probably spending on milk, beans and kWh!

Thanks for the heads up on the stickers.  

Think i’ve seen posts on wand temp and diy fixes on here somewhere. I’ll give BB a call tomorrow to run it past them for clarity.  Btw they’ve been brilliant through the whole buying process. So helpful. Would recommend them to anyone ...

yes only pulled two shots so far and loving it already. Can only get better when I move off the pre-grounds too!!

already plugged into smart socket for the morning. Take away super coffee a must haha.

have a list of accessories already in my basket inc of Acme / loveramics / lunar etc 😂 

Happy days 👍

• Like 1