IGNORED

Mara x steam issue

16 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

This ^^^. I was wondering the same. I don't own a MaraX, but have watched Dave's reviews and @Doram's mod thread so many times that I know the machine a little bit :-). Unfortunately I couldn't assert that, but last night I was trying to scour the internet in order to get pictures of the switch! 🤣 - unsuccessfully obviously! 😂

I wouldn't say there is much room for confusion regarding the position of this switch: 😉1561171294_onetozero.thumb.jpeg.1cd509e1f07f1bffaafc5354deb00ea8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally, all tidy and ready for the morning now...  

I'm actually investigating myself. I have the current program logic from Lelit. My MaraX is back in service. At the moment I have installed prototype software onto it with completely different functio

For those who thought the above was an exaggeration or a joke: 🤣  

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Doram said:

I wouldn't say there is much room for confusion regarding the position of this switch: 😉1561171294_onetozero.thumb.jpeg.1cd509e1f07f1bffaafc5354deb00ea8.jpeg

Completely agree!  However, the confusion has crept in somehow..  It could be construed that the switch in the picture is ‘off’ and that could mean ‘coffee priority’ switch off!

I have emailed Martin with a copy of that picture and a narrative around it explaining that when we say ‘1’ on, we mean this in the picture (coffee mode) and 0, ‘off’ HX/Steam mode - to see if he concurs.

I have had a helpful email back from Martin explaining how he tests the modes, which i have done on my machine and mine operates in the opposite way to how he suggests. I’ve emailed him back!

We’ll get to the bottom of this I am sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, djrustycans said:

Completely agree!  However, the confusion has crept in somehow..  It could be construed that the switch in the picture is ‘off’ and that could mean ‘coffee priority’ switch off!

Maybe. But you can expect that one might stop and think again if their interpretation of this leads them to the conclusion that the manufacturer, all the documentation, previous expert reviews, every website and a large number of owners are all getting it wrong... 

From my diagnostics via email with him, he thinks my steam temperature sensor is faulty too and would like to see my machine to inspect/test. Maybe a faulty batch ?

Yes I figured that, and I also thought strike while the iron is hot, so to speak, as he will have all of the Lelit people, techs, machines etc all at the forefront of his mind. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, itguy said:

Right, decision made. Machine being collected by UPS tomorrow and arriving at BB on Monday. 

Let’s see what he finds with mine then....

Martin thinks I might have the same issue as you (faulty temp sensor) - he sent me a quote from a response to you regarding the switches and sensors etc..  Will find out more tomorrow!

• Like 1

Have been considering a Mara X and this thread has been both fascinating and terrifying at the same time!

Currently running a Europiccola (which I love) but need something more consistent and we're planning a new kitchen extension so hoping to upgrade.

Had settled my mind on the Mara X (my heart is really on a Londinium but that's not an actual option!) but I'm enjoying following the developments here.

Also wondering about the Crem One 2b H/X because I'm tempted to plumb everything in to water mains.

Hoping you guys get these steam issues resolved quickly.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, itguy said:

It does sound like a potential batch issue then... let’s see what he finds from seeing all three of our machines 

Who’d have thought we’d get all this excitement out of an espresso machine...  

On another note, Dave’s review suggested the steam freaks might want a different steam tip with the Mara X as it’s potentially restrictive - anyone thought about the Bianca one with 4 holes?  Or, I saw a single hole tip recommended somewhere..

6 minutes ago, bigsav said:

Have been considering a Mara X and this thread has been both fascinating and terrifying at the same time!

Currently running a Europiccola (which I love) but need something more consistent and we're planning a new kitchen extension so hoping to upgrade.

Had settled my mind on the Mara X (my heart is really on a Londinium but that's not an actual option!) but I'm enjoying following the developments here.

Also wondering about the Crem One 2b H/X because I'm tempted to plumb everything in to water mains.

Hoping you guys get these steam issues resolved quickly.

I’m sure this would be a great machine for you if it’s working as intended!  Will keep you posted.

9 minutes ago, djrustycans said:

On another note, Dave’s review suggested the steam freaks might want a different steam tip with the Mara X as it’s potentially restrictive - anyone thought about the Bianca one with 4 holes?  Or, I saw a single hole tip recommended somewhere..

Stock tip is fine for me. Not felt the need for something else unlike previous machines.

25 minutes ago, djrustycans said:

The latest Lelit insider video has him using his own MaraX with a bianca 4 hole on it. He makes steaming look so easy. Just sets the jug down, wand in and it does it itself!!

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, itguy said:

The latest Lelit insider video has him using his own MaraX with a bianca 4 hole on it. He makes steaming look so easy. Just sets the jug down, wand in and it does it itself!!

I know - I’ve had shocking results doing it the lazy way!  That might be where I saw the bianca tip being used.

49 minutes ago, petebetros said:

Stock tip is fine for me. Not felt the need for something else unlike previous machines.

Which machines were they if you don’t mind?  

Can’t help but wonder if I’d have more success with a different tip as all I do is larger milk based drinks (375 ml).

Edited by djrustycans
1 hour ago, djrustycans said:

I know... when I started this post I thought I’d get quick answer and be on my way. Did not envisage this 😂