IGNORED

E37S display losing brightness

The blue screen version finally arrived and I've switched the jumpers around to the correct position for the Ceado.

If anyone is attempting this - here is a picture of the jumpers in the correct position: (still need to scrub off the flux!)

LED 1_small.jpg

• Like 2

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update: I've just done a quick check and swapped the good display from the E37s with the E92 and indeed it is the actual display unit that has the fault as the fault moved over to the E37s. (I was won

As this is an English written forum... 👍 - I’ll translate. Well, Google have.... 😊   

It worked for me, cost me £15 it was a very easy repair unsolder 3 attachment posts and unplug a ribbon cable and replug the new one. It has black digits on a yellow background, a little clearer to re

Posted Images

All done and back to blue OEM spec.  

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• 1 month later...

Hello, friend. I am a user of South Korea. 

I was searching Google for the same phenomenon, and you guys saw the e37s display brightness drop.
My e37s is the same phenomenon (many Korean users struggle with the same phenomenon)

First of all, I am sorry for my poor English.
But I really need your help.

With your information, I found a compatible product.

https://www.devicemart.co.kr/goods/view?no=1111808&market=naver&NaPm=ct%3Dkn466ph4|ci%3D27e10242857ac00bfbed1ec41e85ed4cf557cfe7|tr%3Dslsl|sn%3D876973|hk%3De2d60f8e05ecc6396e93418af917cab6955117e5

I searched on Google and saw that it was fully compatible with e37s with the above product. 
(What Brazilian user said)

But I'm not sure.

What do you think about your opinion?

It’s the correct size, spec, and pin out. 
However it looks as though there is no ribbon connector attached. You will therefore need to source a correct sized connector. The modules linked previously in the thread work and have the correct connectors attached. They are manufactured by Display-Electronik GmbH. Could you not check if the post to South Korea? 

I checked the eBay link.

We only want to buy it in our country because we have the same specification parts.(Low cost of parts and does not cost overseas delivery.)

And do you mean the fpc cable? I heard from the seller that it has been fitted.

Should be good to go then.

Also you got lucky, the module has the LED backlight anode on pin 15 so no need to swap it around unlike the EBay one. Should work right out of the box.

spacer.png 감사합니다!

한국의 많은 e37 사용자가 여러분의 정보 덕분에 해결할 수있을 것입니다.  

한국에서 수리하면 226 유로를 내야합니다. 

덕분에 7 유로 정도면 고칠 수있을 것 같아요.

Edited by Tomas soo
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, Tomas soo said:

spacer.png 감사합니다!

한국의 많은 e37 사용자가 여러분의 정보 덕분에 해결할 수있을 것입니다.  

한국에서 수리하면 226 유로를 내야합니다. 

덕분에 7 유로 정도면 고칠 수있을 것 같아요.

As this is an English written forum... 👍 - I’ll translate. Well, Google have.... 😊 

Thank you!

Many e37 users in Korea will be able to fix it thanks to your information.

If you repair it in Korea, you have to pay 226 euros.

Thanks to that, I think I can fix it for about 7 euros.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group