The replacement one arrived this morning as Peter promised 10/10. I can only think that Peter may have serious problems with the Postal Service in his area, so may be he should start thinking about sending items Recorded Delivery.

It is now three weeks since I placed an order (22nd Jan) and I haven't heard a dicky bird despite several chasers both by email and via the website. I am still hoping that I don't have to cancel. Don't suppose anyone has a phone number for them as I can't find one on their website (by PM if you prefer).

"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors…and miss" Robert Heinlein

Lelit Elizabeth PL92T | Eureka Mignon Specialita | LM 17g Basket | MadeByKnock Simple Tamper

...oh, and an Aeropress

I placed my order on the same day (22nd). I received part of it yesterday and the next part will arrive tomorrow. I had thought a package for which I missed delivery last week was from knock but it turned out to be a replacement shot glass from coffee hit....anyway, decided to attempt to contact Peter. Tried email, Facebook (they have two pages) phone (on one of their Facebook pages) and the contact page of their website.

I got a very apologetic email from Peter on Saturday. He said he'd been absent at times over the last three weeks and that the people working for him have not been able to cope with the volume of orders. So it sounds like he's a victim, of his own success and needs to find a way to cope with the increased demand and get some sort of communication improvement in place.

It's been pretty frustrating but I'd say stick it out. I am really looking forward to getting the tamper and I like that it is a Scottish small scale manufacturing effort. If they can scale up and improve comms I doubt they'll be able to provide their products at such great prices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Mazzer Mini Electronic Type A | La Pavoni Europiccola (Pre-Millenium) | Aeropress

@Maz100 - thanks for that. What you say is encouraging. But they definitely need to work on the communication.

Leaving customers who have ordered items in good faith with no communication at all in three weeks really can't be good for business.

"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors…and miss" Robert Heinlein

Lelit Elizabeth PL92T | Eureka Mignon Specialita | LM 17g Basket | MadeByKnock Simple Tamper

...oh, and an Aeropress

Agreed. Even a note on the website explaining they are behind would be better than radio silence. I hope they work things out.

Mazzer Mini Electronic Type A | La Pavoni Europiccola (Pre-Millenium) | Aeropress

Well, after a three week wait I am pleased to be able to say that my new tamper and basket were waiting for me when I got home last night.

The tamper is a beautiful piece of kit and definitely worth waiting for.

All I need to do now is decide which new machine I'm going to buy :D

...oh, and an Aeropress

hmmm I ordered some stuff last Saturday paid by paypal and got receipt, since then nothing...... Have emailed, haven't found a phone number? Whats the best course of action? Wait it out?

hmmm I ordered some stuff last Saturday paid by paypal and got receipt, since then nothing...... Have emailed, haven't found a phone number? Whats the best course of action? Wait it out?

Keep pestering by email and wait it out. It will come eventually. His posting and communication is abysmal, the product is very good for the price though. Everyone I know who has placed an order has had issues, but has got it eventually and happy with what they have got.

Modded Fracino Heavenly | Eureka Zenith 65e | 15g/18g VST's | Made By Knock 58.35mm Tamper | Torr 58.4mm Tamper | AeroPress | V60 | NotNeutral Mugs | A cupboard full of stuff

I have to say that I bought the 58.35 (VST) tamper from MadeByKnock and it arrived packed in a toilet roll tube about three days later...

I am sorry to read that people are having problems, maybe the company are waiting for baskets from VST or something...?

It will be worth the wait, the one I have is nice and simple...

Sort of "does what it says on the tin", and good value.

Stephen.

LONDINIUM 1 - Elektra Nino

I ordered a "knocktop" and mat so no baskets...... will email again........

Agreed - you WILL get what you ordered - just maybe not as soon as you think.

And it is worth waiting for. I'm even thinking of having the simple tamper as a "show" tamper in the same way that SWMBO has "show" towels in the bathrooms - but that would be a real waste :)

...oh, and an Aeropress

Agreed. Mine finally arrived after over three weeks but so worth the wait. I asked Peter to use dark wood and it looks as good as it performs. Very happy.

well at least had an email...... Peter said they have moved office, so it would take an extra week (doesn't explain why it wasn't sent originally)

Well it arrived Friday :) but i had to wait till sat to colelct it from PO and Today to use it :( but its great..... shame it took so much hassle to get

Can anyone confirm that the 58.35mm tamper is the one that fits the gaggia classic basket perfectly?

Tony :coffee:

Expobar Brewtus IV, Eureka Mignon and a wife who thinks I borrowed it all from Coffeechap :exit:

Can anyone confirm that the 58.35mm tamper is the one that fits the gaggia classic basket perfectly?

I'm not sure how it fits in the stock gaggia. It's designed to fit perfectly in a VST basket

Modded Fracino Heavenly | Eureka Zenith 65e | 15g/18g VST's | Made By Knock 58.35mm Tamper | Torr 58.4mm Tamper | AeroPress | V60 | NotNeutral Mugs | A cupboard full of stuff

Great products. I have a Tamp, Basket and got a Tamp Mat and Knock box for Crimbo. Nothing touches it for the money. No complaints there.

However the customer service is virtually non-existent. Sent god knows how many emails and tried phoning and got no response.

The Tamp mat and box my sister ordered end of October it turned up end of Jan..... It took a Paypal claim to try and get it delivered/money back. While I realise people are busy IMO if you cannot answer an email in 3 months or the phone you should NOT be doing business even on the side.

i live about 1 mile from peter, and mailed tons of times regarding picking up a tamper and basket. In the end I gave up and bought a motta

Mazzer Super Jolly - Expobar Brewtus IV-R - Knock 58.35mm Tamper - 17g LM Strada - IMS Screen - Inker Cups

I'm also still awaiting an order from them which I placed on the 11/2/2013. I did chase after a week and was was told I'd should expect it in the next few days. Haven't heard anything else since. Which is a shame as their products look good.

Will let you know how I get on with them.

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

I did drop Peter an email a few weeks ago and he said he thought the 58.35mm would be too tight for a gaggia classic basket. Apparently you can sometimes get away with 58.35 but it's a bit close on some batches of baskets so standard 58mm is recommended.

Dont know whats going on with Made By Knock face book page it seems that any -ve posts have been removed back to end of Jan.

Gah, I wanted to get a new tamper (and possibly the knockbox set) from these guys but the recent reviews have put me right off :(

I did drop Peter an email a few weeks ago and he said he thought the 58.35mm would be too tight for a gaggia classic basket. Apparently you can sometimes get away with 58.35 but it's a bit close on some batches of baskets so standard 58mm is recommended.

Agree with this. My 58.35 will not fit the standard Gaggia double. 58 from Motta is the best fit I've found. I also really like the curved base

Fracino Cherub Stainless, VST baskets, Eureka Mignon. Knock VST Tamper, a few motta tampers. Various press/moka pots, Aeropress, Baraza Virtuoso Preciso at work

Order arrived laste week after the chasing email, all good at last.

I ordered a tamper and it took less than a week to turn up.