IGNORED

Bella Barista now main dealer for La Marzocco

BB now In bed with LM. They also offer servicing as well. 

I’m thinking about having my GS3 serviced soon and was pondering either a local service technician who travels (socially distanced of course) or throw it in the boot of the car and take it somewhere. Bella are Northampton so a decent haul for me from the North East, but they do have an excellent track record of care.

Does anyone know of a decent technician in the North who services LM machines?

Edited by lake_m
  • Like 2

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks - I guess as long as they bring with them the correct OEM service kit we should be good to go. 

Also saves any risk of damage in transit (and fuel bills).

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Been thinking of having my LM serviced recently, but based down in London. If anyone has any local recommendations, please let me know. Thanks
Contact James at Espresso Fix.
www.espressofix.co.uk

Hi Folks,

I asked Bella Brarista if they could service my Linea Mini and they have quoted me 199 inc vat if i buy a kilo of their beans (a special until the end of the month).

Does this seems like a reasonable price? (i would drop it off/pick up as they are not to far from me)

I have contacted Espressofix aswell but no reply from them yet and they are based much further away.

Thanks

Satpal

Edited by schander
additional information
6 minutes ago, schander said:

Hi Folks,

I asked Bella Brarista if they could service my Linea Mini and they have quoted me 199 inc vat if i buy a kilo of their beans (a special until the end of the month).

Does this seems like a reasonable price? (i would drop it off/pick up as they are not to far from me)

I have contacted Espressofix aswell but no reply from them yet and they are based much further away.

Thanks

Satpal

Can't comment on the price... But why do you need it to be serviced? Is this something required by LM? Do you know what the service entails? I don't believe any of us have coffee machines serviced when in a home environment, unless you are in a commercial or semi-commercial environment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

4 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Can't comment on the price... But why do you need it to be serviced? Is this something required by LM? Do you know what the service entails? I don't believe any of us have coffee machines serviced when in a home environment, unless you are in a commercial or semi-commercial environment.

Thanks for replying. I'm pretty sure that the Vaccum Breaker needs changing, I have changed this before. The main reason for the service I guess is that I bought the machine second hand, 18 months ago from a roastery who used it show there roasts. I'm not sure if it has ever been serviced so was thinking get it looked over just to be sure that there is nothing untoward. I have asked what the service entails, no update yet. It's definitely a home env, 3/4 doubles a day, :).

Also i need to somehow get the label for the brew temp dial, somehow, La Marzocco are unable to provide this. Maybe if they bring out the IOT board, for my machine, that can control via bluetooth I won't need it as the brew will be controlled digitally.

Thanks

Satpal

This is the reply from Bella Barista regarding whats including in the service:
"All consumables are replaced as required along with anti vacuum valve and safety valve as part of a full service, it also includes a de scale if required or felt necessary."

I also asked a company called Backup Coffee for the cost of a service, they came back with:

Full descale service £ 595.00
- includes groups head seals, shower plate, orings and gasket 
- if the machine requires any extra parts this will be charged extra 
All plus Vat 

I'm not quite sure why there is a such a big price difference unless I'm missing something :(

What do you think?

Thanks
Satpal

Completely agree with this point about the service now having looked into it further.

I am in the same boat as you looking at servicing and wanting to get the IOT board retrofitted to my LM also. Having read up through google and watching videos on YouTube it’s seems pretty straight forward to service with the right tools.

I’m yet to attempt any of this however, as my machine is still functioning perfectly normal. I go with the saying, if it’s not broke don’t fix it .
8 minutes ago, JA92 said:

Completely agree with this point about the service now having looked into it further.

I am in the same boat as you looking at servicing and wanting to get the IOT board retrofitted to my LM also. Having read up through google and watching videos on YouTube it’s seems pretty straight forward to service with the right tools.

I’m yet to attempt any of this however, as my machine is still functioning perfectly normal. I go with the saying, if it’s not broke don’t fix it emoji23.png.

I hear you :) The only thing that I need to do is replace vacuum breaker as it's leaking, I did this about 12-14 months ago it was a bit of pain.
Side note you have any links to the videos on servicing? most of what I find are just the normal screen clean/backflush/vacuum breaker. I can't find any on how to descale.

Thanks

1 hour ago, schander said:

I can't find any on how to descale.

The best thing you will ever do, specially to such an expensive machine, is to prevent scaling in the first place. Scale formation and the process of descaling will most likely make things worse in the long run. 

Osmio Zero? 🙂 

• Like 2

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

This is the reply from Bella Barista regarding whats including in the service:
"All consumables are replaced as required along with anti vacuum valve and safety valve as part of a full service, it also includes a de scale if required or felt necessary."

I also asked a company called Backup Coffee for the cost of a service, they came back with:

Full descale service £ 595.00
- includes groups head seals, shower plate, orings and gasket 
- if the machine requires any extra parts this will be charged extra 
All plus Vat 

I'm not quite sure why there is a such a big price difference unless I'm missing something :(

What do you think?

Thanks
Satpal

Just reread your post and I am confused.

BB's price seems cheap if it does actually include a descale.

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Coffee | Espresso Machines | Grinders | Accessories

Izzo Vivi, Alex and Alex Duetto in stock now!

7 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

The best thing you will ever do, specially to such an expensive machine, is to prevent scaling in the first place. Scale formation and the process of descaling will most likely make things worse in the long run. 

Osmio Zero? 🙂 

Whilst I think that reverse osmosis water is good, I have heard that because it's so pure it can start reacting with boilers and copper pipes!!!

6 hours ago, BlackCatCoffee said:

Just reread your post and I am confused.

BB's price seems cheap if it does actually include a descale.

Which part are you unsure about?
The BB price is actually a discount for Jan, if you buy a 1kg of there beans, otherwise it will be 299 inc which IMO still seems very reasonable give the other price I mentioned. I also asked another person and they said 350+ as it was a single group head (for 2 is 500+)

On a side note I just found my receipt for the steam vacuum breaker valve (L19302), and I bought it end of march and probably fitted mid-end April. Surely it should last longer than 8 months? Unless I'm mistaken now and it's something completely different.

Thanks

Edited by schander
correct valve name
10 minutes ago, schander said:

1. Whilst I think that reverse osmosis water is good, I have heard that because it's so pure it can start reacting with boilers and copper pipes!!!

2. On a side note I just found my receipt for the steam vacuum breaker valve (L19302), and I bought it end of march and probably fitted mid-end April. Surely it should last longer than 8 months? Unless I'm mistaken now and it's something completely different.

Just add a touch of Bicarb to bring the TDS up to 70-90. It's an expensive machine, I wouldn't trust anything else

http://coffeetimex.wikidot.com/ro-water-copper-corrosion

I can't remember if the service (steam) boiler can be switched off on the LM yet...if it can't then yes the heat can make the seals harden. If you have the new memory metal type, they will be better. The other problem can be water. I would expect (and get) many years from my vacuum breakers. In fact I have not had to replace one for a long time. I use RO water and with all the machines I have (except one), the steam boilers can be switched off when not needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nothing here...

4 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Just add a touch of Bicarb to bring the TDS up to 70-90. It's an expensive machine, I wouldn't trust anything else

http://coffeetimex.wikidot.com/ro-water-copper-corrosion

I can't remember if the service (steam) boiler can be switched off on the LM yet...if it can't then yes the heat can make the seals harden. If you have the new memory metal type, they will be better. The other problem can be water. I would expect (and get) many years from my vacuum breakers. In fact I have not had to replace one for a long time. I use RO water and with all the machines I have (except one), the steam boilers can be switched off when not needed.

What equipment do you use for generating the RO water?

1 minute ago, schander said:

What equipment do you use for generating the RO water?

Osmio Zero.....it also means we don't need to use a kettle or water boiler any more.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2

Nothing here...

My wife uses the Mini for hot water :)

Well if you're using it like a kettle, even more important to use good water. So have LM added the facility to run with the service boiler off, although that doesn't help much if it's being used for HW.

• Like 2

Nothing here...

@DavecUKYou can't turn the service boiler off on the LMLM because it preheats brew water on the way to the brew boiler. Means it's almost impossible to run out of brew water on back to back shots, although I guess that's not that useful in the home.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, josephgoodsell said:

@DavecUKYou can't turn the service boiler off on the LMLM because it preheats brew water on the way to the brew boiler. Means it's almost impossible to run out of brew water on back to back shots, although I guess that's not that useful in the home.

Then I would certainly use good water and replacing vacuum breakers more often will simply be a fact of life...fortunately they are fairly inexpensive.

• Like 2

Nothing here...