Hi everyone,

I've just bought@GazRef's Izzo Vivi which he sold through the forum - a lovely machine, and an excellent transaction, thanks Gaz!

So now I'm coming to terms with having to move my Isomac Hexagon on.

I bought it 10 years ago, when I was told it was one of only two in the UK. Don't know how true that is, but I've never seen another. I believe it's basically a Zaffiro in a fancy case. It makes fantastic espresso, really stable temperature and a 700ml boiler which makes pulling several shots a breeze. Once it gets up to pressure it steams really well, but obviously with it being a single boiler you have to wait a bit and you can't go back to pulling espressos in a hurry once you've steamed your milk.

I've run it regularly without a hitch, pulling 2-4 shots most days, and I'm in Cumbria so not a hint of scale. It's been serviced and has newish gaskets etc.

It's 19.5 inches tall and about 12 inches wide, so it won't fit under most kitchen cabinets, but it is a thing of beauty and a joy to use.

I'm just wondering what it might be worth, as I've got no reference point.

(The picture is obviously not the actual machine, as it's now put away so that the Izzo can have pride of place.)

Thanks in advance for your help.bf566933f23c597af80007719a012401.jpg

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I remember the hexagon, they didn't make Many and it wasn't in production for long. I actually think you might do better with it on e-bay, although list in on here first and see what the response is. Valuation is really difficult for this one. It is as you say a Zaffiro, with all the same foibles...but the Zafiro can and does make and excellent very brew temp stable machine with the addition of an appropriate PID and replacement of the mecury bulb thermostat...you can probably use the same thermowell, depends on how clean you can get it and the type of PID probe.

To get a proper valuation you need photos of the original machine, and of the internals....you might get Zaffiro money + 10 or 20%, depending on how badly someone wants a bit of Italian "art" on the counter.

• Like 2

Nothing here...

Thanks everyone - I suspected it would be difficult to value. It's probably a design that divides opinion, but if it was an HX machine I wouldn't be looking for a new home for it. As it is, it's going to be a wrench. It's actually a brilliant shape for placing in a corner, much neater than a rectangular machine, but it's still a bit of a beast.

I'll wait to sell it until things have (hopefully) settled down a bit in the new year. I think the whole Covid/Brexit débâcle means people have got other priorities just now and may not be looking to splash out on a machine like this!

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays

• Like 2

I'll wait to sell it until things have (hopefully) settled down a bit in the new year. I think the whole Covid/Brexit débâcle means people have got other priorities just now and may not be looking to splash out on a machine like this!

I wouldn't be so sure. There are a lot I do mean a lot of people splashing the cash about and getting in to new hobbyies, also deeper in to existing hobbies. Ebay with a reserve may be your best best pal

As you said it is a real shame its not a hx or a dule boiler I would of loved it.

I think it looks amazing like a massive over sized moka pot haha.

Good look with it all tho

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Sam_d said:

I think it looks amazing like a massive over sized moka pot haha.

I do believe that was the intention at Isomac.

• Like 4

Nothing here...

It was a seemless transaction and thank you. In lieu of world events I expect there's a decent market for it. I got in touch with the team at bellabarista recently for some advice and they shared the same sentiment that lock down/working from home has seen a lot of people invest in home coffee equipment. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Shorticus said:

Some chancer's just offered me £130!

There's your starting point. I might have been more inclined to have put a lower starting price but put a minimum reserve on it 

There's your starting point. I might have been more inclined to have put a lower starting price but put a minimum reserve on it 

I've done my homework though. A used Gaggia Classic should get around £200, so I don't think £250 is over-ambitious as a starting price. I've got 25 watchers already, so I've not given up hope yet!
On 03/01/2021 at 22:37, Shorticus said:
On 03/01/2021 at 21:36, Nightrider_1uk said:

I've done my homework though. A used Gaggia Classic should get around £200, so I don't think £250 is over-ambitious as a starting price. I've got 25 watchers already, so I've not given up hope yet!

I'm not saying its not worth the money you've started at; ( I think its a great looking machine and if I was looking for a new machine i'd be happy to purchase it); more just reflecting on auction strategy.  

I appreciate the advice - I am by no means an expert, and meant no disrespect with my reply. I think I would just rather not have to sell the machine at all!

Thanks for your input.

On 03/01/2021 at 22:37, Shorticus said:
On 03/01/2021 at 21:36, Nightrider_1uk said:

Everyone on here is watching it! 😂

6 hours ago, Shorticus said:

I appreciate the advice - I am by no means an expert, and meant no disrespect with my reply. I think I would just rather not have to sell the machine at all!

Thanks for your input.

No offence or disrespect taken. I can understand you not wanting to sell it. I did think about selling my Classic and purchasing it myself, but I need to overhaul the steam valve (normal leek) and your machine now has a bid. 

• Like 1

I still reckon Zaffiro money +10-20%, so I expect it to see around £400, perhaps more. They are not a common machine and the £130 offer was ridiculous....

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

Nothing here...

On 05/01/2021 at 18:24, DavecUK said:

I still reckon Zaffiro money +10-20%, so I expect it to see around £400, perhaps more. They are not a common machine and the £130 offer was ridiculous....

Spot on Dave

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo