Coffee Forums banner

Hi from Somerset

794 views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Rincewind 
#1 ·
Hi folks , I've just started on this coffee journey . Finding lots of great advice on here .

I started with a Nespresso pod machine for years , but always wanted to grind my own coffee but was always put off by the price .

I recently grabbed a De'Longhi ec201cd.b from Aldi for £70 on an impulse buy , so that's my machine for now . Grinder researching is driving me crazy tho...

#9 ·
Although I have an interest as I sell them I really do think the Mignon range is the sweet spot at the price point you are considering.

The Manaule is great entry point but if you are happy to step up then the Specialita adds larger burrs and a more powerful motor. It'll pair very well with a good few rungs up the ladder from the delonghi.

#10 ·
Although I have an interest as I sell them I really do think the Mignon range is the sweet spot at the price point you are considering.

The Manaule is great entry point but if you are happy to step up then the Specialita adds larger burrs and a more powerful motor. It'll pair very well with a good few rungs up the ladder from the delonghi.
Thanks . That's kinda what I was hoping . Looks good and seems to be well made and repairable . I get quite annoyed with electrical items breaking and needing replaced as that's what the manufacturer intended.

#15 ·
Even for a machine like the base model Delonghi machine you have, a good grinder is worth the effort. Sure it's a pressurised machine that only makes espresso-like drinks, but freshly ground beans improve the output in a measurable way. And you may as well get a good grinder capable of proper espresso grind if the upgrade bug is likely to strike. And I'd join with the recommendation of the Mignon. Not only is the Mignon a fully capable grinder, it has lots of advantages like being able to pop the top off to clean it without losing your grind setting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.