IGNORED

Hello from an Espresso Newbie in North London

After reading and watching so many reviews of coffee machines and grinders I finally purchased a Lelit Bianca espresso machine paired with a Eureka Mignon Specialita coffee grinder from Bella Barista.  One week in and I can confidently say I am not at all disappointed and based on my experience I would not buy a ‘prosumer’ machine from anyone other than Bella Barista.

Whilst there were other machines and grinders I could have considered this offered the best features at the price point I was willing to pay.  I didn’t want to have to upgrade for years to come and whilst I could possibly have purchased the Niche Zero instead of the Eureka grinder I wasn’t prepared to have to wait until Feb for a delivery.  As a newbie the Eureka gives me plenty to work with and by the way I replaced the hopper with the bellows (as per another owners suggestion) and retention is super low.

I’d like to thank the community for posting guides and their feedback on forums and YouTube and make a special mention to Dave Corbey for his incredibly detailed review of the Lelit Bianca and advice on routine maintenance.

I am only one week into my journey and already making incredible tasting coffee although the latte art leaves a lot to be desired.

I look forward to recommendations from forum members on coffee purchases and making good use of member discounts 😀

Regards

Alpesh

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum...glad you found the reviews useful, that is their intention..

The can actually leave a proper review for Bella Barista if you want to....we have a special section for that. i'm sure they would appreciate reading about your experience.

• Like 1

Nothing here...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Flamingo

Thanks and apologies for not replying sooner - looks like I need to set notifications on.

I shortlisted the features I wanted and that eliminated the MaraX so I didn’t consider it any further.  From looking at the reviews though it seems to be a very capable machine.  I just didn’t want to go with an HX machine and regret the decision later and have to upgrade.  I can see from the reviews that the MaraX addresses some of the shortcomings of an HX boiler.

The features I was looking for were dual-boiler, rotary pump, E61 group, reliability, use of standard parts, ease of maintenance and visual aesthetics to keep the wife happy.  The profiling was an added bonus giving me options down the line and I liked the idea of placing the water reservoir to the side or eliminating it completely when plumbed in at a future date.  I actually have mine placed on the side and it makes filling water easier and allows me to push the machine further back so the portafilter handle doesn’t stick out past the kitchen cabinets and risk being knocked.

With the Bianca you get a full set of accessories including a bottomless portafilter and a quality tamper so you don’t really need to purchase much else.

I appreciate that the price difference between the MaraX and Bianca is significant.  Whether the additional features justify the cost is really based on personal circumstances but I can say that I’m not disappointed with the Bianca.

Regards

Alpesh