IGNORED

ECM Mechanika. Have a listen to this noise (plus, what's that chrome outlet on the panel?)

DevonStan

Amazingly, I seem to have successfully recorded the noise my machine makes when I operate the group lever. It's only a short clip due to the limited file size I can upload.

The noise is worse with a blind basket or a coffee puck in place. In my clip there's a blind basket in place.

It has a brand new pump on it. The old one was worn.

When the pump turns on to fill the onboard water tank it's OK ... doesn't make that noise - just when I operate  the lever.

Suggestions very welcome as it grates on the nerves.

Machine seems to work OK andf the gauges register normal readings.

(it takes a couple of seconds before the clip plays)

PS. what is that chrome water outlet fixed to the back panel immediately behind the group exhaust that discharges into the drip tray (not visible in the clip) ... It dribbles a bit now and again but nothing dramatic. It has it's own hole cutout in the drip tray cup support. Can't see it in the diagrams I've looked at.

Ta.

Edited by DevonStan

• DevonStan changed the title to ECM Mechanika. Have a listen to this noise (plus, what's that chrome outlet on the panel?)
2 hours ago, DevonStan said:

PS. what is that chrome water outlet fixed to the back panel immediately behind the group exhaust that discharges into the drip tray (not visible in the clip) ... It dribbles a bit now and again but nothing dramatic. It has it's own hole cutout in the drip tray cup support. Can't see it in the diagrams I've looked at.

Ta

The drip tray hole is used after i pull a shot it takes the excessive hot water and drops it in the tray. Perhaps if yours only drips you may have a blockage you might try lubricating the spindle after doing several back flushes 

Chrome bit – It's drainage from the expansion valve/OPV. 

The noise – sounds very similar to a problem I had with the Vesuvius where something inside was just a fraction too close to one of the body panels and vibrated when the pump started. Take the top off and watch for anything (pipe, solenoid, cable tie... etc) touching the panels.