IGNORED

dosing funnel for Specialita

1 hour ago, Raffael said:

I bought a cheap one similar to yours and quite a bit of coffee tends to stick to the funnel. Probably due to static. Tempted to go for the wooden one on Etsy, looks really nice. Just curious as to whether it'll hold hands-free when docked onto the grinder and if any coffee tends to stick to it as well (probably less than on metal, I imagine)?

@Raffael I have a wooden funnel that I purchased on Etsy. It is held in place by eight tiny but powerful magnets. It holds on to my Mignon XL the same way as a Specialita. And yes the wooden ring has no problem with static. 

Coffee. Because murder is wrong. 

I ended up removing the fork on the Specialita - prefer moving the basket around under the chute while grinding, in order to distribute the early grinds a bit better.

I use a funnel with a very shallow lip fitting into the portafilter (the idea was to prevent a channel running around the outside of the puck but in fact I think it makes little difference). It’s straight-walled and locks in reasonably firmly so I can tap the dispense button with it.

18g into an 18g basket means saving a bit of mess - wouldn’t be a disaster without the funnel, if I’m honest.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless-Coffee-Dosing-Ring-Intelligent-Dosing-Funnel-for-Portafilter-/124207880719?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Edited by jpd99

While there is a bit of coffee stuck to the funnel it is very minimal so I’m happy to stick with the metal. I like moving the pf around when grinding to get good initial distribution so not bothered with leaving it hand free.