IGNORED

Acaia Pearl

Bought in the summer when I put my coffee machine in storage when moving house.

Nit getting as much use as it deserves so looking to move it on.

looking for £110 delivered.

0820ABFF-5410-4326-B4A5-4E85D5B25060.jpeg

EC54D4ED-24A7-45A3-98AD-54A94626C31C.jpeg

ACS Minima | Niche Zero| Clever dripper | Aeropress | V60 | Chemex 

Sorry for having to ask these simple basic questions, I did some reading but found only corporate vapid shallow uninformative marketing blurb.

Can it's 'auto off' be disabled, so it only turns off when I want it to by pressing the button?

How long does the battery last between charges?  It's blurb says only 20 hours!!!!

I get months from my 'MyWeigh' scales and that's on all day sometimes.

Does it operate without any of the phone app crap or is that garbage necessary?

Thanks.

Edited by Ian S
43 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Sorry for having to ask these simple basic questions, I did some reading but found only corporate vapid shallow uninformative marketing blurb.

Can it's 'auto off' be disabled, so it only turns off when I want it to by pressing the button?

How long does the battery last between charges?  It's blurb says only 20 hours!!!!

I get months from my 'MyWeigh' scales and that's on all day sometimes.

Does it operate without any of the phone app crap or is that garbage necessary?

Thanks.

Acaia scales are top class - extremely fast reading , accurate and easy to read -  essential for accurate pour measurement/timing. Not sure comparison to My Weigh scales is that valid. They are different beasts. You don't have to use the phone app to operate the scales. Charging via USB is pretty quick. Can't see why you'd want to disable the 'auto off' - pretty sure you can't. 

Pearls retail for around £160 so this sale set is a real bargain and won't hang around long at the offered price. Snooze, you lose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Norėčiau juodos kavos

2 hours ago, The Systemic Kid said:

Can't see why you'd want to disable the 'auto off' - pretty sure you can't.

Thanks for that info :) That's a deal breaker for me.

Because I use scales for weighting what I eat, drink, post, coffee is only a small part of their daily use.

I smashed the last ones that kept 'auto offing' with my fist, destroyed them, felt much better as that stress those b'stards kept causing by continually going off as I was weighting one or more things was no-more.

Each to their own, in my opinion any scales with auto off are toys, not tools for adults.  And flawed toys at that.

Seems then that the £30 MyWeight product is a lot better.  Just a bit slower is all.

0.1g, of course, as are the £5 scales on my drip tray, what isn't!  And both are plenty fast enough to keep up with coffee trickling from an E61.  And accurate enough.  Easy to read.  Seem to be water, and hot coffee / steam proof enough.  The MyWeight has a negative backlit LCD which power saves by turning off the back light but resumes on touching it, keeping the weight showing, whereas the auto off utter garbage does not auto resume the weight reading, that I've found so far, just goes to zero.

The only lacking thing is the 'faster to react' when tipping coffee beans into the Niche dosing cup. 

I might have paid £110 for that improvement, but the rest needs to be at least as good as what I have and it seems they are inferior to vastly cheaper scales in many regards.

Edited by Ian S

2 hours ago, Hairy_Hogg said:

Will offer £100 delivered@cjonny

ETA: sod it, will offer full asking

@Hairy_Hogg you've got a bargain - @cjonny go to PM to sort payment and delivery

Edited by The Systemic Kid
  • Like 4

Norėčiau juodos kavos

4 hours ago, Ian S said:

I might have paid £110 for that improvement, but the rest needs to be at least as good as what I have and it seems they are inferior to vastly cheaper scales in many regards.

If it doesn't work for you, you don't have to buy them - but it's a bit off to rubbish them on a for sale thread for everyone else who might be considering them.

The relevant merits and value have been well debated on the forums time and again. There's no place for that here, imo.

• Like 1

Sale already agreed before I posted.

I came here to purchase, asked a pertinent question as there is surprisingly no info on the entire www, as far as I could find.

Honest and fair assessment, not "rubbishing" a product.  Just sick of the marketing BS.

A bargain for someone who needs the speed and doesn't mind auto off. 👍

And yeah, agreed, Aidy say's, discussed elsewhere.

Edited by Ian S
  • Like 1
  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo