IGNORED

Javahub - My experience

barrybigtoe

Message added by DavecUK,

You are strongly advised to read all the reviews here before purchasing from this company.

Message added by DavecUK,

Hi all,

I wanted to reference a few points made in this thread again. Although plenty comments I see as rather childish, immature and involve no substance, many make very valid views and I would like to address them.

Firstly let me apologise again for those of you who have not had a great experience when shopping online with us. I promise you, we are making improvements and constantly instructing changes to improve many of our processes, and most of our customers are extremely happy with our services so I’m sorry you have not had the positive journey that they have had. This leads us on to our reviews...

Simply put, we’ve never asked for reviews before. So automatically, we were going to mostly receive negative reviews. We spoke to a couple of neighbouring coffee businesses who we work closely with and learned that it is very normal to ask customers for reviews. So that’s what we did this weekend! We have started to send out emails to our customers and ask for reviews of our services and products. We know in most cases (and still improving) most of our customers are very happy...so the reviews will now only show a fair representation of our business. Yes we make mistakes and have failed with some customers but the majority have been happy when purchasing from us and the majority are receiving their products next day, and well packed. 

In regards to delays of machines and coffee equipment over Christmas being false, then I’ll happily send a copy of our emails from our main EU distributors explaining these delays. We were not in control of that situation, and although we tried our very best to communicate with everyone and even sent out gift boxes as a way of an apology, obviously it wasn’t the outcome we hoped. We’re sorry for those delays, and I think most are in positive places with their orders now. They were definitely not false claims or excuses, these are genuine communications and updates for our customers. I’m glad most of our customers have been so lovely and understanding of the current climate. We know our communications can improve, but this hasn’t been helped with self isolation and furloughed staff.

In regards to refunds, all customers are refunded to our ‘return and refund policy’ which is stated clearly on our website. The refund is processed back on to the card used to originally pay within 7-10 working days. This is standard practice. We have contacted trading standards directly ourselves to confirm our practices are all in line and after review of our systems it was proved and shown to be of a high standard. Yes some refunds are delayed or problematic especially when using different billing addresses, American Express or payment plans with Klarna, but I am sure if you asked all of the refund delayed comments on this thread now they will say we sorted out their refund for them and made sure it was either re-processed or in some cases transferred via the bank within the next 24-72 hours.

Another comment has been written about us not holding stock. I’ll explain again, we hold stock of 95% of our products and we’re actually moving to a larger facility shortly to enable us manage and fulfil our ever-growing stock to a better level. We only started in January last year, and launched our site a month prior to the first lockdown so these processes are definitely starting to iron out. Some machines we don’t hold stock of are either clearly stated on the website or are drop shipped to our EU and Amazon buyers. Again normal practice for modern, international online retail.

If you wanted to come and see our setup in Kent please don’t hesitate to ask.

Obviously, when we are not in a national lockdown so we can organise a COVID safe tour and show you how we’re making improvements.

This year has definitely been a struggle for a start-up to launch in a global pandemic, but actually we’ve had to learn at a quicker pace and deal with many problems that will be fixed in the coming months. 

Again, I’m always happy to talk or chat just drop me an email as I am willing to listen to any advice too from anyone that is also experiencing these fall backs over the last year or even starting a business during this climate? I’m all ears! Would love to learn to improve in all areas.

Hopefully this gives you more of an understanding of our position...and we’re definitely not ‘closing’ or ‘changing name’. We’re thriving with new projects and ideas, and excited to have a chance to launch properly without a pandemic in our way!! 

Fingers crossed this won’t be long..stay safe.

Thanks 

Danny

[email protected]

11 hours ago, Izzoalex said:

I ordered a grinder on 29th December 2020 (stupidly) before reading all the alarming reviews on here and trust pilot.

I then emailed the company saying I had read alarming reviews and wanted confirmation that the item I ordered is actually in stock.

I got an email response back immediately saying it was in stock but would take up to 7 working days to dispatch.

After that 7 days had ended, I chased for an update and was told that it was due to be dispatched the following Thursday (14th jan).

The day before it was due to be despatched I received an email from Danny saying that the hopper has a crack on it, and that a new one is being ordered from Europe. I was given to the portion to either wait for that or accept a black version instead of chrome plus discount (which I really don’t want as I have a chrome coffee machine).

I responded saying I would just be happy to take delivery of it with a cracked hopper as I plan to upgrade the hopper anyway.

Since then, I have chased a response a number of times without anything but the standard “we have your email etc” responses in return. In light of the significant concerns on here and Trust Pilot, that hardly fills me full of confidence.

I have now advised them that if they cannot fulfil my order within 72 hours then I require a refund immediately.

if I don’t get a response (or a satisfactory response), I will it seems have to take steps to seek recovery in the county court as I paid on a debit card and think contacting trading standards etc is a likely a waste of time.

Court proceedings would be very straightforward and I am a lawyer anyway. I’d rather not do that but I’m not waiting weeks or months for a satisfactory outcome here. This company has already had almost a £1000 of my money since December and I could very well be already enjoying the same grinder for a little more money from another company.

Hi Izzoalex, this is true...you have nothing to worry about as this being dispatched tomorrow with a non-broken hopper in the colour you requested. This is a common problem with the Eureka Grinders as the packaging doesn’t fully protect the plastic. We do keep plenty of spare hoppers for some of the more popular ranges, but not for the one you did.
I’ll give you a call tomorrow to discuss.

Thank you

Danny

8 hours ago, Ilias said:

Lol, their trust pilot reviews are now 347.... Keep rising ...

They had 190 total reviews in one year (since they opened)  and they have added ~150  five star reviews  in 2 days 😛 

Simple, we have started asking all our customers for reviews to offer a fairer and more realistic view of our company. Although we know we have problems with some orders, the majority of people are very happy with our services and products. All genuine and are verified by TrustPilot and Google via their order numbers. Feel free to email me direct and I’ll happily arrange a call to discuss :)

4 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

150 five star (not 2, 3 or 4 ?) reviews in 2 days....come on; are you telling us that "every" one of those customers ALL decided to join TrustPilot (which ain't as easy as it looks; phone verification and "time" etc.) within 48hr of being asked (allowing for a few who were already registered) and the PITA that TrustPilot is to use, none of them got fed-up/walked-away/other....as stated it's a bit of a coincidence (read: too good to be true)....IF they had been SPREAD over time then it would have looked a tad more believable; but i'm not buying that 150 customers all decided to post (5*) within the SAME 48hr period.

No doubt you'll say that you had 400 customers that very weekend and that the 150 were/are just a "small" proportion of your sales that weekend.....or you'll say it was "all" your customers since day X 2020 and that they all decided to POST their 5* review in the same 48hr period....either way you've had plenty of opportunities (since Nov 27th) to come on here and explain/rectify....funny that you "now" (aka bad-reviews/other) decide to speak up.

Yea that’s correct! 
- Firstly, not all the TrustPilot reviews joined over the weekend. This is obvious, as most of the reviews have multiple reviews on, meaning they’ve reviewed other companies previously.

- Secondly, as explained in my previous comment...we’ve not been asking for reviews, so last weekend, we asked 2000 out of 25,000 of our customers. So there’s plenty more to come. Again all of them invited via the TrustPilot platform for verification. 

- most of the reviews were 5 stars, but not all of them. 7% of them are 4 stars. Like I said just because there are less negative reviews, it shows what we really offer. That star rating is only going to improve as we ask more customers, and constantly improve our processes.

- Lastly, I don’t have to come on here and comment ever. I’m doing it now to apologise for those who have had bad experiences and explain why, and that actually most of our customers have had positive experiences. Nothing to do with reviews. The last 4 months have been manic for most business owners, I haven’t had time to stop and watch was going on here or ask for reviews, as our staff have been off and self isolating so I have had to jump into many roles. Now we have calmed down, and are implementing our improvements.

Surely it’s a positive thing if we’re getting more positive reviews? From your view it means we are improving or are better than originally thought? Most of you on this forum, state you support the coffee industry, yet we’re a newcomer that launched during a pandemic, and doing well so maybe you should give us a chance to improve instead of constantly shooting us down?

Feel free to message me direct for a call, instead of going back and forth on here.

Edited by Danny Wright

6 hours ago, Danny Wright said:

In regards to refunds, all customers are refunded to our ‘return and refund policy’ which is stated clearly on our website. The refund is processed back on to the card used to originally pay within 7-10 working days. This is standard practice. We have contacted trading standards directly ourselves to confirm our practices are all in line and after review of our systems it was proved and shown to be of a high standard. Yes some refunds are delayed or problematic especially when using different billing addresses, American Express or payment plans with Klarna, but I am sure if you asked all of the refund delayed comments on this thread now they will say we sorted out their refund for them and made sure it was either re-processed or in some cases transferred via the bank within the next 24-72 hours.

Simply not the case. It took you 25 days to return my money, for something you failed to supply.

Furthermore this is a returns & refunds policy... this assumes you've actually supplied something and there is something to return rather than having taken people's money for stock you didn't have!

I suspect the only reason you actually began re-paying any money was due to contact from banks, card companies and trading standards.

6 hours ago, Danny Wright said:

They were definitely not false claims or excuses,

There have been numerous false claims; here's one... When Lee Wright stated in an email sent on a Thursday, that my machine would be with me on Friday or Saturday; he knew full-well that there was no machine in stock, no machine on its way to me, no way that I was going to be making espressos on a lovely new machine with my Sunday breakfast. 

That was a 'false claim' - hey let's call it what it really was; a lie.

50 minutes ago, Danny Wright said:

- Lastly, I don’t have to come on here and comment ever. I’m doing it now to apologise for those who have had bad experiences

To be fair, you don't need to come on here... however as apologies go, we've not really seen one, just a further string of excuses and 'false claims'.

Edited by JRW
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Danny Wright said:

- Secondly, as explained in my previous comment...we’ve not been asking for reviews, so last weekend, we asked 2000 out of 25,000 of our customers. So there’s plenty more to come. Again all of them invited via the TrustPilot platform for verification. 

Why did you peak these 2k ? Cherry picking 2k out of 25k customers could mean that 23K customers didn't get their items/refunds within in a logical time frame... 

😛  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ilias said:

Why did you peak these 2k ? Cherry picking 2k out of 25k customers could mean that 23K customers didn't get their items/refunds within in a logical time frame... 

😛  

We haven't finished yet :) that was the first 2000 on the list. 

11 hours ago, Danny Wright said:

Hi Izzoalex, this is true...you have nothing to worry about as this being dispatched tomorrow with a non-broken hopper in the colour you requested. This is a common problem with the Eureka Grinders as the packaging doesn’t fully protect the plastic. We do keep plenty of spare hoppers for some of the more popular ranges, but not for the one you did.
I’ll give you a call tomorrow to discuss.

Thank you

Danny

Hi Danny,

Thank you for engaging in this forum and for today providing confirmation of shipping. I do look forward to receiving the the DPD shipping number which (by email) you have advised me will be provided once the item has been scanned, usually 5pm.

I'm going to  say "very gently", this area is meant for "reviews", factual comment about the service one has received from a particular company, whether it was good bad and why. I fully understand the frustration some members must feel, and the burning need to pass comment/judgment on the company concerned.

Unfortunately this dilutes the review area, and it's usefulness to others in deciding whether to purchase from a particular company. The general rule of thumb should be, if you purchased something then feel free to comment, if someone asks for advice about what to do, possibly help in a factual (non-inflammatory) way about their rights, rules of sale, CC remedies etc... Otherwise, sit on your hands and eat your popcorn. This prevents this area turning into:

Shooting Black And White GIF by Buyout Footage

I don't want to have to go through this thread with the mod blackboard rubber...which is just a gigantic PITA (cos once I do one, to keep it fair, I have to do all the others)

Thanking you all in advance for your understanding.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

On 19/01/2021 at 14:02, Izzoalex said:

I do look forward to receiving the the DPD shipping number which (by email) you have advised me will be provided once the item has been scanned

Do you have good news to report @Izzoalex? It would be nice to read something positive on this thread!

On 18/01/2021 at 15:40, Izzoalex said:

I ordered a grinder on 29th December 2020 (stupidly) before reading all the alarming reviews on here and trust pilot.

I then emailed the company saying I had read alarming reviews and wanted confirmation that the item I ordered is actually in stock.

I got an email response back immediately saying it was in stock but would take up to 7 working days to dispatch.

After that 7 days had ended, I chased for an update and was told that it was due to be dispatched the following Thursday (14th jan).

The day before it was due to be despatched I received an email from Danny saying that the hopper has a crack on it, and that a new one is being ordered from Europe. I was given to the portion to either wait for that or accept a black version instead of chrome plus discount (which I really don’t want as I have a chrome coffee machine).

I responded saying I would just be happy to take delivery of it with a cracked hopper as I plan to upgrade the hopper anyway.

Since then, I have chased a response a number of times without anything but the standard “we have your email etc” responses in return. In light of the significant concerns on here and Trust Pilot, that hardly fills me full of confidence.

I have now advised them that if they cannot fulfil my order within 72 hours then I require a refund immediately.

if I don’t get a response (or a satisfactory response), I will it seems have to take steps to seek recovery in the county court as I paid on a debit card and think contacting trading standards etc is a likely a waste of time.

Court proceedings would be very straightforward and I am a lawyer anyway. I’d rather not do that but I’m not waiting weeks or months for a satisfactory outcome here. This company has already had almost a £1000 of my money since December and I could very well be already enjoying the same grinder for a little more money from another company.

Update 21/1/21.

I have this afternoon received the grinder in the chrome as ordered which, although I’ve not ground any coffee yet, appears to be in working order. 

As overall feedback, my comments to JavaHub is to improve lines of communication with customers with regular updates so that they need not chase. Being forced to chase for updates caused me significant concern in my case given all that is available to read about other people’s negative experiences (on here and Trust Pilot) on purchases other than coffee. This was especially the case given the item I bought was almost £1000.

Thanks and all the best to anyone else awaiting products or refunds.

• Like 1

To be contrarian, I had an ok experience.  Decided I needed a Mignon Tamping Mat during the Christmas break, no one showed them in stock at a reasonable price so placed an order with JavaHub on the 28th (Boxing Day bank holiday).  Item was dispatched on the 6th of Jan and delivered on the 11th.

Not to excuse poor conduct but the combined challenges of COVID, Brexit, and the usual Christmas demand has put huge strain on any retailer importing from the continent, so in context a 2 week wait time for my order wasn’t too bad.

I’d probably feel a lot differently if it was for a big ticket item.

PMA all day!

You were all warned, continual posts about the company that are not reviews, but opinions based on others experiences have been removed throughout the thread. The last post I saw was simply the straw that broke the camels back @Ilias

I didn't want to have to do this, and it's in a sense a shame that the commenting got so out of hand that it all had to be removed, some of it might have been valuable. I say again, if it's a review...great, if it's advice on how to deal with getting money back or dealing with the experience OK as long as personal opinions about the company are not added by non customers. You all know the fine line that has to be walked.

If not....it's just going to get removed.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

On 14/01/2021 at 00:47, Tomatin said:

Had an email from Danny,

He says the stock was held up because we went into lock down and France closed the border crossing, then as time went on too long the stock was returned to sender because we then had Brexit to contend with and all the documentation was wrong.  He said it will be a few days and he will send some coffee for my patience........

Coffee I do not need, and I have also now got the machine,  bought elsewhere and delivered in three days! So once again I confirmed I want a refund.

Fingers crossed!!!!

Just an update... I have indeed had a text from Javahub to say that a refund has been processed, as Danny from Javahub said in his response on this platform, it may take 7/10 days. 

Ordered a milk jug through Javahub 3 weeks ago which was delivered earlier today.

They were the only retailer with the jug I wanted 'in stock' and the price was slightly lower than other sites.

I had to send two follow-up emails before getting confirmation of my delivery date.

Not great customer service. However, I would stress this company is not a scam (as other posts allude).

Admittedly, I would probably be less understanding with the lack of contact if I'd made a large order.

I'm not opposed to ordering from them again but they won't be my first choice of retailer. They are a young company so I hope they can improve.

Edited by Nleng
  • Thanks 1

I've had appalling customer service for over 2 months now. Javahub are not a charming small business, they are amatuer level retailers and clearly not set up to adequately manage larger valued goods or handle your money fairly.

I ordered an £1100 espresso machine (SAGE Duel Boiler) as a gift at the end of November 2020. I had to chase them to dispatch. Then they sent the wrong one, so I sent it straight back (and I had to really chase and chase to organise a courier).

I then asked for a refund because a) the gift was really late and b) I had no faith that they actually had the right product in stock (which took another two weeks).

More than a MONTH later and TWO MONTHS since my original order, I still do not have any of the money back - yes that's £1100 that they are failing to return to me. And sadly no coffee machine either. They have exceeded the legal maximum period that they are allowed to withold repayment by a number of weeks (the law says max is 14 days from return).

There is no phoneline I can call to raise complaints or speak with a human, instead I have been enjoying their quite diabolical online "chat" which they use to mislead customers like me on a daily basis. I have sent countless messages chasing and always receive a response such as "it's being processed, wait for the transaction" or my personal favourite "The person who does refunds isn't in today".

I have raised numerous complaints which have simply been ignored and so I am resorting to leaving a stinker of a review here, because I've tried everything else ... I hope you read it before you place your order.

Javahub, I'd still like my £1100 returned when you can get around to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• DavecUK locked and unlocked this topic