IGNORED

Javahub - My experience

On 09/01/2021 at 01:58, Tomatin said:

I ordered a coffee machine and some filter papers for a Christmas present for my partner. I ordered from Javahub as they said they had it in stock on their website and that it would be delivered by Christmas. After me chasing them as I hadnt heard anything and noted the £180 had been taken, I was sent a tracking number. The tracking number was for DPD but their website didn't recognise it. I emailed back and forth asking for assurance, as my partner had apparently dropped enough hints last year about what they wanted, that I had not picked up on. Anyway, I was told it had shipped and would be with me by the Tuesday, of that week at the latest. Nothing happened of course but I did get a DPD message saying my package would be delivered on the Wednesday. We'll a package was delivered, it was not a coffee machine, but filter papers. So clearly I was not getting the coffee machine I ordered in time for Christmas or possibly at all. What upset me was I had  no gift for my partner. OK I  got something sorted but it was not what they were hoping for... Again!

Moreover, I felt misled and to be honest, a little bit cheated by Javahub. I am going to speak to trading standard colleagues as I think it is misleading practice in regards to the website, and my contract with them ended when they failed to deliver on a date they had guaranteed to, especially as I had stipulated I needed it for Christmas. Communication had been sporadic and likewise, had not answered specific questions.

Looking at the reviews it seems the problems were mainly with hardware (Grinders and Machines) as opposed to coffee. The coffee has some excellent reviews. What with covid and everything else going on, I decided to cut them some slack, my machine maybe was held up coming into the UK, but I think it's goods leaving the UK that were the problem. 

Well as of today 8 Jan 2021  still no coffee machine but I did have an email fron DPD yesterday to say that the shipment had returned to sender, in Netherlands. That was yesterday AM, 7 January 21. I have emailed Danny and asked for a refund, I'll let you know if or when I get one, I may end up at this rate approaching the credit card company and claiming it back under section 75.

I will update on progress... Please be very very patient!

Had an email from Danny,

He says the stock was held up because we went into lock down and France closed the border crossing, then as time went on too long the stock was returned to sender because we then had Brexit to contend with and all the documentation was wrong.  He said it will be a few days and he will send some coffee for my patience........

Coffee I do not need, and I have also now got the machine,  bought elsewhere and delivered in three days! So once again I confirmed I want a refund.

Fingers crossed!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ordered a Eureka Mignon Specialita for just over £300.  Ordered before the new year so expected a delay.   Delivery was due on the 05/01/2021, when checking DPD tracking it showed the item in Californ

You won't go far with the senior members on this site. By and large we're a trustworthy bunch 😁 Enjoy!

apart from me....i'm like an MP; whilst i'm kissing your baby on the forehead i'm also stealing your lollipop muhahahaha 😍

1 hour ago, Tomatin said:

Had an email from Danny,

He says the stock was held up because we went into lock down and France closed the border crossing, then as time went on too long the stock was returned to sender because we then had Brexit to contend with and all the documentation was wrong.  He said it will be a few days and he will send some coffee for my patience...

What, what, what's that, i think  Sean Flanagan Insult GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Sent from my Dell E6220 using TapaNoTalk

• Haha 2

Fides Nemo

Oh dear oh dear. I am also £375 out of pocket and have been waiting on a refund for almost a month. Contacted bank today and will be in touch with financial ombudsman and Kent CC if I do not hear from javahub today. 

What further action can I take?