Jump to content
IGNORED

Javahub - My experience


barrybigtoe
 Share

Message added by DavecUK,

You are strongly advised to read all the reviews here before purchasing from this company.

Message added by DavecUK,

.

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Akula said:

I recieved some free beans from them due to the carry on i had with them , i must say i have enjoyed the first two bags immensely

I ordered 2 bags the first one was great the second was a bit so so, was lots of crema 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

First up apologies if you've already read this on another thread, as I've posted this elsewhere on the forum... but this looks like my story about JavaHub might be best placed here...


Whilst I don't doubt JavaHub's coffee bean credentials (I would imagine that they are mostly re-bagging Herbert & Ward coffees, who they share a premises with), I would think long and hard about ordering anything else from them.

A cautionary tale...

Having immediately taken my money for an espresso machine their website said was 'in stock' when I placed my order on the 4th December, they subsequently failed to meet 2 delivery deadlines (the second time it was apparently 'due for dispatch', to be with me within 2 days.

When it didn't show up for the second time I requested a refund, at which time I was immediately notified that the order had been cancelled; however 2 weeks on I have yet to receive a refund of the money they were so quick to take and I have not had a reply to my request for an update... the upshot now being that I will now be starting a fraud claim against them with my bank.

As many have commented before, I looked to support a small (local-ish) business rather than immediately turning to one of the big retailers, but ultimately I ended up ordering the same equipment via AO, where I paid a little more, but it arrived the next day and a potential lack of 50th birthday present was avoided. 

I would advise anyone thinking about using them to take a look at their Trustpilot reviews for the last 2 months...  

 

On 22/12/2020 at 00:18, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Ahhhh even more glowing reports ☝️^^^^ for Javahub :classic_wink:

I don't gamble (mugs game) but if i did i'd have 10-1 on Javahub changing their name sometime next year :classic_rolleyes:

I concur!!!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ordered a coffee machine and some filter papers for a Christmas present for my partner. I ordered from Javahub as they said they had it in stock on their website and that it would be delivered by Christmas. After me chasing them as I hadnt heard anything and noted the £180 had been taken, I was sent a tracking number. The tracking number was for DPD but their website didn't recognise it. I emailed back and forth asking for assurance, as my partner had apparently dropped enough hints last year about what they wanted, that I had not picked up on. Anyway, I was told it had shipped and would be with me by the Tuesday, of that week at the latest. Nothing happened of course but I did get a DPD message saying my package would be delivered on the Wednesday. We'll a package was delivered, it was not a coffee machine, but filter papers. So clearly I was not getting the coffee machine I ordered in time for Christmas or possibly at all. What upset me was I had  no gift for my partner. OK I  got something sorted but it was not what they were hoping for... Again!

Moreover, I felt misled and to be honest, a little bit cheated by Javahub. I am going to speak to trading standard colleagues as I think it is misleading practice in regards to the website, and my contract with them ended when they failed to deliver on a date they had guaranteed to, especially as I had stipulated I needed it for Christmas. Communication had been sporadic and likewise, had not answered specific questions.

Looking at the reviews it seems the problems were mainly with hardware (Grinders and Machines) as opposed to coffee. The coffee has some excellent reviews. What with covid and everything else going on, I decided to cut them some slack, my machine maybe was held up coming into the UK, but I think it's goods leaving the UK that were the problem. 


Well as of today 8 Jan 2021  still no coffee machine but I did have an email fron DPD yesterday to say that the shipment had returned to sender, in Netherlands. That was yesterday AM, 7 January 21. I have emailed Danny and asked for a refund, I'll let you know if or when I get one, I may end up at this rate approaching the credit card company and claiming it back under section 75.

I will update on progress... Please be very very patient!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AliceH said:

Has anyone else with bad experiences reported them to trading standards? 

I've still not heard a word from them since mid December (other than automated replies) - they still have a lot of my money, so my report to Kent Trading Standards went in today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JRW said:

I've still not heard a word from them since mid December (other than automated replies) - they still have a lot of my money, so my report to Kent Trading Standards went in today.

I called Medway trading standards earlier today but they are working from home due to covid and so have had to email. For your information its Marcia. [email protected]

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got my money back from AMEX... Try to see if you can get a refund from your CC company or bank... 

Eventually I ordered from BB and it arrived next day... I guess some businesses can cope with covid and brexit... 

Edited by Ilias
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/11/2020 at 23:48, Danny Wright said:

Hi all,

My names Danny and I’m the owner of Javahub. I wanted to write a response, firstly to apologise for your service as it wasn’t the best, and secondly to explain a few things about our company.

You’re right, our customer service has not been up to scratch...we’ve suffered heavily from staff illness and furlough with the pandemic. We actually launched a month prior to the first lockdown with a plan to slowly work between retail and wholesale...but that would completely go out of the window so we focused on getting the online retail up and running! It’s been tough, and with everyone working from different spaces etc the communication has been below par and I apologise for that. We’re really working on this, with new technology and software, and web notifications to improve the customer experience.

In regards to us just being a drophipper, this isn’t true we actually hold and sell stock from our unit in Kent, of around 95% of our products. When this pandemic is over and is safe, I would love for you to come and visit our Roastery, Warehouse and Fulfilment Centre and see our ample racking and shelving with equipment and machinery. We do however dropship Smeg and Moccamaster due to the high amounts of variants and colours. Moccamaster actually have over 25 variants of their brewer, which isn’t clever to hold stock, but Moccamaster understand this and actually run a very slick partnership program that works great with us. But everything else comes from our store if purchased via our website.

This takes me on to your parcel arriving in an Amazon box. We run an amazon store, just like many online retailers as 33% of consumers go to Amazon before anywhere else. If you can’t beat them, join them! We hold a lot of our Amazon stock with them via FBA, as it means customers can get prime delivery etc. In some cases, where our distribution lines are affected or delayed, although it seriously decreases our margins it’s easier for us to keep our customers happy and distribute via our FBA. We don't like doing this, but sometimes we don’t have a choice.

Now, I want to go onto my email I sent you regarding your review. I get notified of these instantly as they go up so I can deal with them and see what the problems are within our organisation, and I always like to make contact straight away to resolve the issue. Please clarify, and I am happy to share the email trails, I NEVER said we wouldn’t ship your item until you took down the review. I actually said we would make sure the grinder gets to you quicker, and as an apology I would give you a partial refund. In regards to me asking for you to remove the review, what’s the difference from me incentivising for you to leave a positive review, which every online business does, to incentivising for you to take down if we improved our service for you?
 

At the end of the day we’re not perfect, but we’re giving it a good go during a time where many within out industry are struggling. I would love for you all to give us at least another year without a pandemic holding us back and I’ll be very happy to send you some coffee for you to try, to show we do take this very seriously, and our customers are paramount.

Sorry for waffling on, but happy to talk at any time, and would love to hear any suggestions or feedback on how we can improved our service.

Danny Wright
[email protected]

Thank you

@Danny Wright 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Ilias said:

I got my money back from AMEX... Try to see if you can get a refund from your CC company or bank... 

Indeed... my Section 75 claim went into Visa just before I did the Trading Standards report yesterday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Tomatin said:

I called Medway trading standards earlier today but they are working from home due to covid and so have had to email. For your information its Marcia. [email protected]

@Tomatin Thanks... mine went via an online form on Citizens Advice that the Kent CC link took me to. I'll give them a chance to look at it first before contacting Marcia. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Jimmy Mac said:

I’ve been ghosted.

Ordered a grinder and machine from Java hub late November/December. Was made aware of stock issue straight away.

Waited until a couple days before Xmas to tell me I had 2 options. Cancel the order and have it refunded or be patient and hope it would arrive. 
I cancelled. 
They sent me an email saying that my order was cancelled and it was refunded. 
Refund still hasn’t arrived. 
I have contacted Danny several times via email and text to his number as well as tried to call him several times since new year. 

Still no answer and more Importantly no money. 
Come on Javahub!!

Contact your credit card company and send them the correspondence between you and JavaHub, they may be able to issue you a refund for not receiving goods.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is really getting worse and worse... 

No stock

Promising delivery but then failing

DPD tracking number tricks to make people believe their item was sent

Promising refunds but never actually refunding people

Ghosting people

Bribing people to take down negative reviews...

...

I am just happy AMEX immediately refunded my order (within 24h) 

 

Edited by Ilias
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have had a very similar experience to many people here. Javahub owe me £480 for a machine that they did not send. They agreed to a full refund which they have twice now claimed has been actioned but I have received nothing. They have not responded to any emails and it's impossible to contact them by phone. Their replies on online 'chat' are designed to 'stall' as they promise to do things but do not follow through.

I do not accept that as a small new company I should make allowances for them - I am all out of understanding - they owe me nearly £500! They seem to have no intention of paying me back. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/01/2021 at 01:58, Tomatin said:

I ordered a coffee machine and some filter papers for a Christmas present for my partner. I ordered from Javahub as they said they had it in stock on their website and that it would be delivered by Christmas. After me chasing them as I hadnt heard anything and noted the £180 had been taken, I was sent a tracking number. The tracking number was for DPD but their website didn't recognise it. I emailed back and forth asking for assurance, as my partner had apparently dropped enough hints last year about what they wanted, that I had not picked up on. Anyway, I was told it had shipped and would be with me by the Tuesday, of that week at the latest. Nothing happened of course but I did get a DPD message saying my package would be delivered on the Wednesday. We'll a package was delivered, it was not a coffee machine, but filter papers. So clearly I was not getting the coffee machine I ordered in time for Christmas or possibly at all. What upset me was I had  no gift for my partner. OK I  got something sorted but it was not what they were hoping for... Again!

Moreover, I felt misled and to be honest, a little bit cheated by Javahub. I am going to speak to trading standard colleagues as I think it is misleading practice in regards to the website, and my contract with them ended when they failed to deliver on a date they had guaranteed to, especially as I had stipulated I needed it for Christmas. Communication had been sporadic and likewise, had not answered specific questions.

Looking at the reviews it seems the problems were mainly with hardware (Grinders and Machines) as opposed to coffee. The coffee has some excellent reviews. What with covid and everything else going on, I decided to cut them some slack, my machine maybe was held up coming into the UK, but I think it's goods leaving the UK that were the problem. 


Well as of today 8 Jan 2021  still no coffee machine but I did have an email fron DPD yesterday to say that the shipment had returned to sender, in Netherlands. That was yesterday AM, 7 January 21. I have emailed Danny and asked for a refund, I'll let you know if or when I get one, I may end up at this rate approaching the credit card company and claiming it back under section 75.

I will update on progress... Please be very very patient!

Had an email from Danny,

He says the stock was held up because we went into lock down and France closed the border crossing, then as time went on too long the stock was returned to sender because we then had Brexit to contend with and all the documentation was wrong.  He said it will be a few days and he will send some coffee for my patience........

Coffee I do not need, and I have also now got the machine,  bought elsewhere and delivered in three days! So once again I confirmed I want a refund.

Fingers crossed!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how to add to my previous post but here's a quick update.

This evening I have finally received a full refund of £480 from Javahub! It's a massive relief as I was getting really concerned that I was not going to get this money back. The refund was supposedly first actioned on Dec 21st. They then responded to me again on Jan 13th telling me they had 'reprocessed' the refund - this seems to have finally resulted in an actual refund.

I'm relieved to get money back but considering that this is a result of ordering a machine on Nov 28th that was never dispatched, it has been a stressful 6weeks or so.

I hope the other people having problems with this company take some solace from this - it would seem, from my experience that if you persist using their online chat, eventually they pay up. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Poor customer service and missing order

Reading similar issues here. I ordered a coffee machine on 4th December and when I chased them I kept getting several different delivery dates and yet my order is still not here. I was advised that a group email was going to be sent yesterday, which indicated to me that there are several more disgruntled customers and I can see exactly that by reading the reviews here. I have now asked for a refund and will be chasing to ensure this happens. I totally understand a small delay due to covid, but everything else I ordered on line from other companies either arrived in plenty of time or informed of short delays, but still arrived. It's a shame as I expected a better service from this company.

I've just copied and pasted this from my Trust Pilot review this morning, There were many other poor reviews around the same time. Now I went back to check and interestingly, there are now 103 good reviews  since I wrote mine. Is this real? Now all the poor reviews probably won't be seen as any won't look that far back. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ordered a grinder on 29th December 2020 (stupidly) before reading all the alarming reviews on here and trust pilot.

I then emailed the company saying I had read alarming reviews and wanted confirmation that the item I ordered is actually in stock.

I got an email response back immediately saying it was in stock but would take up to 7 working days to dispatch.

After that 7 days had ended, I chased for an update and was told that it was due to be dispatched the following Thursday (14th jan).

The day before it was due to be despatched I received an email from Danny saying that the hopper has a crack on it, and that a new one is being ordered from Europe. I was given to the portion to either wait for that or accept a black version instead of chrome plus discount (which I really don’t want as I have a chrome coffee machine).

I responded saying I would just be happy to take delivery of it with a cracked hopper as I plan to upgrade the hopper anyway.

Since then, I have chased a response a number of times without anything but the standard “we have your email etc” responses in return. In light of the significant concerns on here and Trust Pilot, that hardly fills me full of confidence.

I have now advised them that if they cannot fulfil my order within 72 hours then I require a refund immediately.

if I don’t get a response (or a satisfactory response), I will it seems have to take steps to seek recovery in the county court as I paid on a debit card and think contacting trading standards etc is a likely a waste of time.

Court proceedings would be very straightforward and I am a lawyer anyway. I’d rather not do that but I’m not waiting weeks or months for a satisfactory outcome here. This company has already had almost a £1000 of my money since December and I could very well be already enjoying the same grinder for a little more money from another company.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Izzoalex said:

I ordered a grinder on 29th December 2020 (stupidly) before reading all the alarming reviews on here and trust pilot.

I then emailed the company saying I had read alarming reviews and wanted confirmation that the item I ordered is actually in stock.

I got an email response back immediately saying it was in stock but would take up to 7 working days to dispatch.

After that 7 days had ended, I chased for an update and was told that it was due to be dispatched the following Thursday (14th jan).

The day before it was due to be despatched I received an email from Danny saying that the hopper has a crack on it, and that a new one is being ordered from Europe. I was given to the portion to either wait for that or accept a black version instead of chrome plus discount (which I really don’t want as I have a chrome coffee machine).

I responded saying I would just be happy to take delivery of it with a cracked hopper as I plan to upgrade the hopper anyway.

Since then, I have chased a response a number of times without anything but the standard “we have your email etc” responses in return. In light of the significant concerns on here and Trust Pilot, that hardly fills me full of confidence.

I have now advised them that if they cannot fulfil my order within 72 hours then I require a refund immediately.

if I don’t get a response (or a satisfactory response), I will it seems have to take steps to seek recovery in the county court as I paid on a debit card and think contacting trading standards etc is a likely a waste of time.

Court proceedings would be very straightforward and I am a lawyer anyway. I’d rather not do that but I’m not waiting weeks or months for a satisfactory outcome here. This company has already had almost a £1000 of my money since December and I could very well be already enjoying the same grinder for a little more money from another company.

If you paid on debit card speak to your bank and ask for a charge back.  They may say no once but ask again and they will usually do it 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • DavecUK locked and unlocked this topic
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...