IGNORED

Javahub - My experience

Message added by DavecUK,

You are strongly advised to read all the reviews here before purchasing from this company.

Message added by DavecUK,

I got my money back from AMEX... Try to see if you can get a refund from your CC company or bank... 

Eventually I ordered from BB and it arrived next day... I guess some businesses can cope with covid and brexit... 

Edited by Ilias
  • Like 1
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ordered a Eureka Mignon Specialita for just over £300.  Ordered before the new year so expected a delay.   Delivery was due on the 05/01/2021, when checking DPD tracking it showed the item in Californ

Ordered a Eureka Mignon Specialita for just over £300.  Ordered before the new year so expected a delay.   Delivery was due on the 05/01/2021, when checking DPD tracking it showed the item in California. I messaged through the website to explain but no reply. I emailed customer support and eventually got the excuse of they opened the box and it was white not black, I was told I would get a 10% refund on my card I paid with for the trouble.  New delivery date of the 07/01/2021 and the item arrived.

My partner took delivery as I was at work, I was called by my partner to say the parcel had arrived but was delivered in an open state. This was all captured on my ring doorbell.

When I arrived home I got the grinder out and  checked contents. The portafilter fork was missing so I emailed support at [email protected] and explained the missing item.  I got an email back apologising and that one would be sent straight out. 

Then took out the grinder from the plastic, there were fingeprints all over the machine including the LCD screen which also had no protective cover on.  On top of the grinder the matt black colour was Shiny looking like it was a detective paint job.  I turned the machine on and tried to access manual grind mode, to my frustration when the Screen was pressed liquid under the display is leaking and pooling where the finger presses.  Once again, another email but this time no reply, then another email with no reply.  I called the number on the website but was given an automated message directing me to email support as this was the quickest way to get help.  This machine looks like it is a Seller return and definitely not new.  I sent another email asking for this to be swapped out as soon as possible and listed the issues I have had; I explained my frustration was not because of a defective item but the lack of customer service and getting fobbed off.

I eventually received an email from Lee Wright on the 08/1/2021 who explained they are a small coffee roaster and they are short staffed and they are trying to do their best. He said his manager would like to call me Monday and asked for my number which I gave.  I was asked what time would be best for him to call to which I said anytime.

I was emailed by Danny Wright on the 11/01/2021 at 10:26hrs asking If 4pm was ok as he stated Monday was hectic, I replied yes that is fine.  I must add Danny Wright is listed as a company Director for Javahub LTD, Social Competitions (dissolved), Maidstone Panto and ingenious Theatre LTD. Nigel Miller is the the other listed company Director.

At 06:15hrs no phone call which was hardly Surprising, another email sent with no reply, probably another excuse as to why he didn't call me.

To say I am extremely dissatisfied Is an understatement.  In Summary below is a list of my issues which was emailed to them.

·        Was not given correct date of delivery

·        No portafilter fork in box

·        Box was open on delivery 

·        Item looked like it had been used with finger marks on screen and body

·        LCD screen is defective and when pressed goes funny

·        A refund of 10% was given on price before I got the grinder as way of an apology for the mess up with delivery which has never been credited.

I will update the review with their response, If any.  This needs to be shared far and wide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
On 27/11/2020 at 23:48, Danny Wright said:

Hi all,

My names Danny and I’m the owner of Javahub. I wanted to write a response, firstly to apologise for your service as it wasn’t the best, and secondly to explain a few things about our company.

You’re right, our customer service has not been up to scratch...we’ve suffered heavily from staff illness and furlough with the pandemic. We actually launched a month prior to the first lockdown with a plan to slowly work between retail and wholesale...but that would completely go out of the window so we focused on getting the online retail up and running! It’s been tough, and with everyone working from different spaces etc the communication has been below par and I apologise for that. We’re really working on this, with new technology and software, and web notifications to improve the customer experience.

In regards to us just being a drophipper, this isn’t true we actually hold and sell stock from our unit in Kent, of around 95% of our products. When this pandemic is over and is safe, I would love for you to come and visit our Roastery, Warehouse and Fulfilment Centre and see our ample racking and shelving with equipment and machinery. We do however dropship Smeg and Moccamaster due to the high amounts of variants and colours. Moccamaster actually have over 25 variants of their brewer, which isn’t clever to hold stock, but Moccamaster understand this and actually run a very slick partnership program that works great with us. But everything else comes from our store if purchased via our website.

This takes me on to your parcel arriving in an Amazon box. We run an amazon store, just like many online retailers as 33% of consumers go to Amazon before anywhere else. If you can’t beat them, join them! We hold a lot of our Amazon stock with them via FBA, as it means customers can get prime delivery etc. In some cases, where our distribution lines are affected or delayed, although it seriously decreases our margins it’s easier for us to keep our customers happy and distribute via our FBA. We don't like doing this, but sometimes we don’t have a choice.

Now, I want to go onto my email I sent you regarding your review. I get notified of these instantly as they go up so I can deal with them and see what the problems are within our organisation, and I always like to make contact straight away to resolve the issue. Please clarify, and I am happy to share the email trails, I NEVER said we wouldn’t ship your item until you took down the review. I actually said we would make sure the grinder gets to you quicker, and as an apology I would give you a partial refund. In regards to me asking for you to remove the review, what’s the difference from me incentivising for you to leave a positive review, which every online business does, to incentivising for you to take down if we improved our service for you?

At the end of the day we’re not perfect, but we’re giving it a good go during a time where many within out industry are struggling. I would love for you all to give us at least another year without a pandemic holding us back and I’ll be very happy to send you some coffee for you to try, to show we do take this very seriously, and our customers are paramount.

Sorry for waffling on, but happy to talk at any time, and would love to hear any suggestions or feedback on how we can improved our service.

Danny Wright
[email protected]

Thank you

@Danny Wright 🤷‍♂️

• Confused 1
15 hours ago, Ilias said:

I got my money back from AMEX... Try to see if you can get a refund from your CC company or bank... 

Indeed... my Section 75 claim went into Visa just before I did the Trading Standards report yesterday.

15 hours ago, Tomatin said:

I called Medway trading standards earlier today but they are working from home due to covid and so have had to email. For your information its Marcia. [email protected]

@Tomatin Thanks... mine went via an online form on Citizens Advice that the Kent CC link took me to. I'll give them a chance to look at it first before contacting Marcia. 

I’ve been ghosted.

Ordered a grinder and machine from Java hub late November/December. Was made aware of stock issue straight away.

Waited until a couple days before Xmas to tell me I had 2 options. Cancel the order and have it refunded or be patient and hope it would arrive. 
I cancelled. 
They sent me an email saying that my order was cancelled and it was refunded. 
Refund still hasn’t arrived. 
I have contacted Danny several times via email and text to his number as well as tried to call him several times since new year. 

Still no answer and more Importantly no money. 
Come on Javahub!!

• Thanks 2
13 hours ago, Jimmy Mac said:

I’ve been ghosted.

Ordered a grinder and machine from Java hub late November/December. Was made aware of stock issue straight away.

Waited until a couple days before Xmas to tell me I had 2 options. Cancel the order and have it refunded or be patient and hope it would arrive. 
I cancelled. 
They sent me an email saying that my order was cancelled and it was refunded. 
Refund still hasn’t arrived. 
I have contacted Danny several times via email and text to his number as well as tried to call him several times since new year. 

Still no answer and more Importantly no money. 
Come on Javahub!!

Contact your credit card company and send them the correspondence between you and JavaHub, they may be able to issue you a refund for not receiving goods.

• Like 1

It is really getting worse and worse... 

No stock

Promising delivery but then failing

DPD tracking number tricks to make people believe their item was sent

Promising refunds but never actually refunding people

Ghosting people

Bribing people to take down negative reviews...

I am just happy AMEX immediately refunded my order (within 24h) 

Edited by Ilias
  • Like 1

I have had a very similar experience to many people here. Javahub owe me £480 for a machine that they did not send. They agreed to a full refund which they have twice now claimed has been actioned but I have received nothing. They have not responded to any emails and it's impossible to contact them by phone. Their replies on online 'chat' are designed to 'stall' as they promise to do things but do not follow through.

I do not accept that as a small new company I should make allowances for them - I am all out of understanding - they owe me nearly £500! They seem to have no intention of paying me back. 

• Like 3
On 09/01/2021 at 01:58, Tomatin said:

I ordered a coffee machine and some filter papers for a Christmas present for my partner. I ordered from Javahub as they said they had it in stock on their website and that it would be delivered by Christmas. After me chasing them as I hadnt heard anything and noted the £180 had been taken, I was sent a tracking number. The tracking number was for DPD but their website didn't recognise it. I emailed back and forth asking for assurance, as my partner had apparently dropped enough hints last year about what they wanted, that I had not picked up on. Anyway, I was told it had shipped and would be with me by the Tuesday, of that week at the latest. Nothing happened of course but I did get a DPD message saying my package would be delivered on the Wednesday. We'll a package was delivered, it was not a coffee machine, but filter papers. So clearly I was not getting the coffee machine I ordered in time for Christmas or possibly at all. What upset me was I had  no gift for my partner. OK I  got something sorted but it was not what they were hoping for... Again!

Moreover, I felt misled and to be honest, a little bit cheated by Javahub. I am going to speak to trading standard colleagues as I think it is misleading practice in regards to the website, and my contract with them ended when they failed to deliver on a date they had guaranteed to, especially as I had stipulated I needed it for Christmas. Communication had been sporadic and likewise, had not answered specific questions.

Looking at the reviews it seems the problems were mainly with hardware (Grinders and Machines) as opposed to coffee. The coffee has some excellent reviews. What with covid and everything else going on, I decided to cut them some slack, my machine maybe was held up coming into the UK, but I think it's goods leaving the UK that were the problem. 

Well as of today 8 Jan 2021  still no coffee machine but I did have an email fron DPD yesterday to say that the shipment had returned to sender, in Netherlands. That was yesterday AM, 7 January 21. I have emailed Danny and asked for a refund, I'll let you know if or when I get one, I may end up at this rate approaching the credit card company and claiming it back under section 75.

I will update on progress... Please be very very patient!

Had an email from Danny,

He says the stock was held up because we went into lock down and France closed the border crossing, then as time went on too long the stock was returned to sender because we then had Brexit to contend with and all the documentation was wrong.  He said it will be a few days and he will send some coffee for my patience........

Coffee I do not need, and I have also now got the machine,  bought elsewhere and delivered in three days! So once again I confirmed I want a refund.

Fingers crossed!!!!

• Haha 1

Oh dear oh dear. I am also £375 out of pocket and have been waiting on a refund for almost a month. Contacted bank today and will be in touch with financial ombudsman and Kent CC if I do not hear from javahub today. 

What further action can I take? 

Unfortunately this won't help get your refunds any quicker, but I wonder if reporting their ads to Google might get them removed and help prevent others being misleaded? 

I'm not sure how to add to my previous post but here's a quick update.

This evening I have finally received a full refund of £480 from Javahub! It's a massive relief as I was getting really concerned that I was not going to get this money back. The refund was supposedly first actioned on Dec 21st. They then responded to me again on Jan 13th telling me they had 'reprocessed' the refund - this seems to have finally resulted in an actual refund.

I'm relieved to get money back but considering that this is a result of ordering a machine on Nov 28th that was never dispatched, it has been a stressful 6weeks or so.

I hope the other people having problems with this company take some solace from this - it would seem, from my experience that if you persist using their online chat, eventually they pay up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Poor customer service and missing order

Reading similar issues here. I ordered a coffee machine on 4th December and when I chased them I kept getting several different delivery dates and yet my order is still not here. I was advised that a group email was going to be sent yesterday, which indicated to me that there are several more disgruntled customers and I can see exactly that by reading the reviews here. I have now asked for a refund and will be chasing to ensure this happens. I totally understand a small delay due to covid, but everything else I ordered on line from other companies either arrived in plenty of time or informed of short delays, but still arrived. It's a shame as I expected a better service from this company.

I've just copied and pasted this from my Trust Pilot review this morning, There were many other poor reviews around the same time. Now I went back to check and interestingly, there are now 103 good reviews  since I wrote mine. Is this real? Now all the poor reviews probably won't be seen as any won't look that far back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ordered a grinder on 29th December 2020 (stupidly) before reading all the alarming reviews on here and trust pilot.

I then emailed the company saying I had read alarming reviews and wanted confirmation that the item I ordered is actually in stock.

I got an email response back immediately saying it was in stock but would take up to 7 working days to dispatch.

After that 7 days had ended, I chased for an update and was told that it was due to be dispatched the following Thursday (14th jan).

The day before it was due to be despatched I received an email from Danny saying that the hopper has a crack on it, and that a new one is being ordered from Europe. I was given to the portion to either wait for that or accept a black version instead of chrome plus discount (which I really don’t want as I have a chrome coffee machine).

I responded saying I would just be happy to take delivery of it with a cracked hopper as I plan to upgrade the hopper anyway.

Since then, I have chased a response a number of times without anything but the standard “we have your email etc” responses in return. In light of the significant concerns on here and Trust Pilot, that hardly fills me full of confidence.

I have now advised them that if they cannot fulfil my order within 72 hours then I require a refund immediately.

if I don’t get a response (or a satisfactory response), I will it seems have to take steps to seek recovery in the county court as I paid on a debit card and think contacting trading standards etc is a likely a waste of time.

Court proceedings would be very straightforward and I am a lawyer anyway. I’d rather not do that but I’m not waiting weeks or months for a satisfactory outcome here. This company has already had almost a £1000 of my money since December and I could very well be already enjoying the same grinder for a little more money from another company.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
59 minutes ago, Izzoalex said:

I ordered a grinder on 29th December 2020 (stupidly) before reading all the alarming reviews on here and trust pilot.

I then emailed the company saying I had read alarming reviews and wanted confirmation that the item I ordered is actually in stock.

I got an email response back immediately saying it was in stock but would take up to 7 working days to dispatch.

After that 7 days had ended, I chased for an update and was told that it was due to be dispatched the following Thursday (14th jan).

The day before it was due to be despatched I received an email from Danny saying that the hopper has a crack on it, and that a new one is being ordered from Europe. I was given to the portion to either wait for that or accept a black version instead of chrome plus discount (which I really don’t want as I have a chrome coffee machine).

I responded saying I would just be happy to take delivery of it with a cracked hopper as I plan to upgrade the hopper anyway.

Since then, I have chased a response a number of times without anything but the standard “we have your email etc” responses in return. In light of the significant concerns on here and Trust Pilot, that hardly fills me full of confidence.

I have now advised them that if they cannot fulfil my order within 72 hours then I require a refund immediately.

if I don’t get a response (or a satisfactory response), I will it seems have to take steps to seek recovery in the county court as I paid on a debit card and think contacting trading standards etc is a likely a waste of time.

Court proceedings would be very straightforward and I am a lawyer anyway. I’d rather not do that but I’m not waiting weeks or months for a satisfactory outcome here. This company has already had almost a £1000 of my money since December and I could very well be already enjoying the same grinder for a little more money from another company.

If you paid on debit card speak to your bank and ask for a charge back.  They may say no once but ask again and they will usually do it 

• Like 1

Hi all,

I wanted to reference a few points made in this thread again. Although plenty comments I see as rather childish, immature and involve no substance, many make very valid views and I would like to address them.

Firstly let me apologise again for those of you who have not had a great experience when shopping online with us. I promise you, we are making improvements and constantly instructing changes to improve many of our processes, and most of our customers are extremely happy with our services so I’m sorry you have not had the positive journey that they have had. This leads us on to our reviews...

Simply put, we’ve never asked for reviews before. So automatically, we were going to mostly receive negative reviews. We spoke to a couple of neighbouring coffee businesses who we work closely with and learned that it is very normal to ask customers for reviews. So that’s what we did this weekend! We have started to send out emails to our customers and ask for reviews of our services and products. We know in most cases (and still improving) most of our customers are very happy...so the reviews will now only show a fair representation of our business. Yes we make mistakes and have failed with some customers but the majority have been happy when purchasing from us and the majority are receiving their products next day, and well packed. 

In regards to delays of machines and coffee equipment over Christmas being false, then I’ll happily send a copy of our emails from our main EU distributors explaining these delays. We were not in control of that situation, and although we tried our very best to communicate with everyone and even sent out gift boxes as a way of an apology, obviously it wasn’t the outcome we hoped. We’re sorry for those delays, and I think most are in positive places with their orders now. They were definitely not false claims or excuses, these are genuine communications and updates for our customers. I’m glad most of our customers have been so lovely and understanding of the current climate. We know our communications can improve, but this hasn’t been helped with self isolation and furloughed staff.

In regards to refunds, all customers are refunded to our ‘return and refund policy’ which is stated clearly on our website. The refund is processed back on to the card used to originally pay within 7-10 working days. This is standard practice. We have contacted trading standards directly ourselves to confirm our practices are all in line and after review of our systems it was proved and shown to be of a high standard. Yes some refunds are delayed or problematic especially when using different billing addresses, American Express or payment plans with Klarna, but I am sure if you asked all of the refund delayed comments on this thread now they will say we sorted out their refund for them and made sure it was either re-processed or in some cases transferred via the bank within the next 24-72 hours.

Another comment has been written about us not holding stock. I’ll explain again, we hold stock of 95% of our products and we’re actually moving to a larger facility shortly to enable us manage and fulfil our ever-growing stock to a better level. We only started in January last year, and launched our site a month prior to the first lockdown so these processes are definitely starting to iron out. Some machines we don’t hold stock of are either clearly stated on the website or are drop shipped to our EU and Amazon buyers. Again normal practice for modern, international online retail.

If you wanted to come and see our setup in Kent please don’t hesitate to ask.

Obviously, when we are not in a national lockdown so we can organise a COVID safe tour and show you how we’re making improvements.

This year has definitely been a struggle for a start-up to launch in a global pandemic, but actually we’ve had to learn at a quicker pace and deal with many problems that will be fixed in the coming months. 

Again, I’m always happy to talk or chat just drop me an email as I am willing to listen to any advice too from anyone that is also experiencing these fall backs over the last year or even starting a business during this climate? I’m all ears! Would love to learn to improve in all areas.

Hopefully this gives you more of an understanding of our position...and we’re definitely not ‘closing’ or ‘changing name’. We’re thriving with new projects and ideas, and excited to have a chance to launch properly without a pandemic in our way!! 

Fingers crossed this won’t be long..stay safe.

Thanks 

Danny

[email protected]

11 hours ago, Izzoalex said:

Hi Izzoalex, this is true...you have nothing to worry about as this being dispatched tomorrow with a non-broken hopper in the colour you requested. This is a common problem with the Eureka Grinders as the packaging doesn’t fully protect the plastic. We do keep plenty of spare hoppers for some of the more popular ranges, but not for the one you did.
I’ll give you a call tomorrow to discuss.

Thank you

Danny

8 hours ago, Ilias said:

Lol, their trust pilot reviews are now 347.... Keep rising ...

They had 190 total reviews in one year (since they opened)  and they have added ~150  five star reviews  in 2 days 😛 

Simple, we have started asking all our customers for reviews to offer a fairer and more realistic view of our company. Although we know we have problems with some orders, the majority of people are very happy with our services and products. All genuine and are verified by TrustPilot and Google via their order numbers. Feel free to email me direct and I’ll happily arrange a call to discuss :)

4 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

150 five star (not 2, 3 or 4 ?) reviews in 2 days....come on; are you telling us that "every" one of those customers ALL decided to join TrustPilot (which ain't as easy as it looks; phone verification and "time" etc.) within 48hr of being asked (allowing for a few who were already registered) and the PITA that TrustPilot is to use, none of them got fed-up/walked-away/other....as stated it's a bit of a coincidence (read: too good to be true)....IF they had been SPREAD over time then it would have looked a tad more believable; but i'm not buying that 150 customers all decided to post (5*) within the SAME 48hr period.

No doubt you'll say that you had 400 customers that very weekend and that the 150 were/are just a "small" proportion of your sales that weekend.....or you'll say it was "all" your customers since day X 2020 and that they all decided to POST their 5* review in the same 48hr period....either way you've had plenty of opportunities (since Nov 27th) to come on here and explain/rectify....funny that you "now" (aka bad-reviews/other) decide to speak up.

Yea that’s correct! 
- Firstly, not all the TrustPilot reviews joined over the weekend. This is obvious, as most of the reviews have multiple reviews on, meaning they’ve reviewed other companies previously.

- Secondly, as explained in my previous comment...we’ve not been asking for reviews, so last weekend, we asked 2000 out of 25,000 of our customers. So there’s plenty more to come. Again all of them invited via the TrustPilot platform for verification. 

- most of the reviews were 5 stars, but not all of them. 7% of them are 4 stars. Like I said just because there are less negative reviews, it shows what we really offer. That star rating is only going to improve as we ask more customers, and constantly improve our processes.

- Lastly, I don’t have to come on here and comment ever. I’m doing it now to apologise for those who have had bad experiences and explain why, and that actually most of our customers have had positive experiences. Nothing to do with reviews. The last 4 months have been manic for most business owners, I haven’t had time to stop and watch was going on here or ask for reviews, as our staff have been off and self isolating so I have had to jump into many roles. Now we have calmed down, and are implementing our improvements.

Surely it’s a positive thing if we’re getting more positive reviews? From your view it means we are improving or are better than originally thought? Most of you on this forum, state you support the coffee industry, yet we’re a newcomer that launched during a pandemic, and doing well so maybe you should give us a chance to improve instead of constantly shooting us down?

Feel free to message me direct for a call, instead of going back and forth on here.

Edited by Danny Wright
6 hours ago, Danny Wright said:

In regards to refunds, all customers are refunded to our ‘return and refund policy’ which is stated clearly on our website. The refund is processed back on to the card used to originally pay within 7-10 working days. This is standard practice. We have contacted trading standards directly ourselves to confirm our practices are all in line and after review of our systems it was proved and shown to be of a high standard. Yes some refunds are delayed or problematic especially when using different billing addresses, American Express or payment plans with Klarna, but I am sure if you asked all of the refund delayed comments on this thread now they will say we sorted out their refund for them and made sure it was either re-processed or in some cases transferred via the bank within the next 24-72 hours.

Simply not the case. It took you 25 days to return my money, for something you failed to supply.

Furthermore this is a returns & refunds policy... this assumes you've actually supplied something and there is something to return rather than having taken people's money for stock you didn't have!

I suspect the only reason you actually began re-paying any money was due to contact from banks, card companies and trading standards.

6 hours ago, Danny Wright said:

They were definitely not false claims or excuses,

There have been numerous false claims; here's one... When Lee Wright stated in an email sent on a Thursday, that my machine would be with me on Friday or Saturday; he knew full-well that there was no machine in stock, no machine on its way to me, no way that I was going to be making espressos on a lovely new machine with my Sunday breakfast. 

That was a 'false claim' - hey let's call it what it really was; a lie.

50 minutes ago, Danny Wright said:

- Lastly, I don’t have to come on here and comment ever. I’m doing it now to apologise for those who have had bad experiences

To be fair, you don't need to come on here... however as apologies go, we've not really seen one, just a further string of excuses and 'false claims'.

Edited by JRW
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Danny Wright said:

- Secondly, as explained in my previous comment...we’ve not been asking for reviews, so last weekend, we asked 2000 out of 25,000 of our customers. So there’s plenty more to come. Again all of them invited via the TrustPilot platform for verification. 

Why did you peak these 2k ? Cherry picking 2k out of 25k customers could mean that 23K customers didn't get their items/refunds within in a logical time frame... 

😛  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Ilias said:

Why did you peak these 2k ? Cherry picking 2k out of 25k customers could mean that 23K customers didn't get their items/refunds within in a logical time frame... 

😛  

We haven't finished yet :) that was the first 2000 on the list.