IGNORED

Javahub - My experience

Message added by DavecUK,

You are strongly advised to read all the reviews here before purchasing from this company.

Message added by DavecUK,

Hello all!

First time posting and I just want to give anyone who is thinking of buying from Javahub some advice.

I ordered a grinder from them on 6th November, after a few days I had heard nothing so I sent them an email and they told me there was a delay of 7-10 days. I accepted this due to what is going on with COVID as some businesses are short staffed. After nearly 3 weeks had passed I had received nothing, not even an email. I sent a few emails and got no replies then I got a reply saying my product had been shipped. 5 days later nothing had arrived and my emails weren’t getting answered again. I noticed similar people had been having the same issues after checking Trustpilot so I posted there with my experiences with a 1 star review which I believe reflects this company. 10 minutes later I get an email from there “managing director” apologising to which he offers me 50% off my purchase and some free coffee to take the review down. Now I felt uncomfortable doing this but he was basically saying he would ship my grinder once this had been done and in all honesty that’s all I wanted. So I agree to his terms. My grinder comes the next day through Amazon? This company does not hold any stock but does not tell its customers who are left waiting. I have also not been reimbursed any money which I’m not really that fussed over as I’d already spent the money. 

If you search this company you will find similar reviews on Trustpilot. I even have the emails asking me to take down the review.

I will resubmit my review later today on Trustpilot as I don’t think this is how a company should behave when all that is needed is a bit of honest towards there customers.

• Like 1
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ordered a Eureka Mignon Specialita for just over £300.  Ordered before the new year so expected a delay.   Delivery was due on the 05/01/2021, when checking DPD tracking it showed the item in Californ

Hi all,

My names Danny and I’m the owner of Javahub. I wanted to write a response, firstly to apologise for your service as it wasn’t the best, and secondly to explain a few things about our company.

You’re right, our customer service has not been up to scratch...we’ve suffered heavily from staff illness and furlough with the pandemic. We actually launched a month prior to the first lockdown with a plan to slowly work between retail and wholesale...but that would completely go out of the window so we focused on getting the online retail up and running! It’s been tough, and with everyone working from different spaces etc the communication has been below par and I apologise for that. We’re really working on this, with new technology and software, and web notifications to improve the customer experience.

In regards to us just being a drophipper, this isn’t true we actually hold and sell stock from our unit in Kent, of around 95% of our products. When this pandemic is over and is safe, I would love for you to come and visit our Roastery, Warehouse and Fulfilment Centre and see our ample racking and shelving with equipment and machinery. We do however dropship Smeg and Moccamaster due to the high amounts of variants and colours. Moccamaster actually have over 25 variants of their brewer, which isn’t clever to hold stock, but Moccamaster understand this and actually run a very slick partnership program that works great with us. But everything else comes from our store if purchased via our website.

This takes me on to your parcel arriving in an Amazon box. We run an amazon store, just like many online retailers as 33% of consumers go to Amazon before anywhere else. If you can’t beat them, join them! We hold a lot of our Amazon stock with them via FBA, as it means customers can get prime delivery etc. In some cases, where our distribution lines are affected or delayed, although it seriously decreases our margins it’s easier for us to keep our customers happy and distribute via our FBA. We don't like doing this, but sometimes we don’t have a choice.

Now, I want to go onto my email I sent you regarding your review. I get notified of these instantly as they go up so I can deal with them and see what the problems are within our organisation, and I always like to make contact straight away to resolve the issue. Please clarify, and I am happy to share the email trails, I NEVER said we wouldn’t ship your item until you took down the review. I actually said we would make sure the grinder gets to you quicker, and as an apology I would give you a partial refund. In regards to me asking for you to remove the review, what’s the difference from me incentivising for you to leave a positive review, which every online business does, to incentivising for you to take down if we improved our service for you?

At the end of the day we’re not perfect, but we’re giving it a good go during a time where many within out industry are struggling. I would love for you all to give us at least another year without a pandemic holding us back and I’ll be very happy to send you some coffee for you to try, to show we do take this very seriously, and our customers are paramount.

Sorry for waffling on, but happy to talk at any time, and would love to hear any suggestions or feedback on how we can improved our service.

Danny Wright
[email protected]

Thank you

Edited by Danny Wright
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks for the reply Danny.

I have no doubts that in time your business will thrive and I look forward to seeing it grow.

I just wanted to give my experience at the time, I mean no malice towards yourself or your business I just believe honesty and transparency is key for business and consumer.

I hope you and all your staff are doing well during these troubling times and I look forward to supporting your business in the future.  

Again thank you for taking the time to comment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Barrybigtoe,

I just read your review and only wish I had seen it before buying a coffee grinder 2 weeks ago.

To anyone who is thinking of using Javahub, my advice is AVOID AT ALL COSTS!! I ordered a coffee grinder on the 28th November. I paid for delivery which was assured within 5-7 days. Nothing has arrived, and I have not had one response to numerous emails which I have sent. The staff on the online chat are full of excuses and slow to respond, and the telephone number is an automated response. So it is impossible to contact anyone. I normally try to support independant companies rather than go to large companies such as amazon but I bitterly regret doing so in this case. Absolutely terrible. 

• Like 2

There have been lots of issues if you Google the company. Post a review on trustpilot and you’ll get a response. They sent me my grinder through Amazon anyway so I should have just bought it from Amazon on the first place. Javahub will offer you discounts and freebies to leave positives reviews, don’t fall for it I still haven’t received anything I was offered. 

• Like 1

Wish i had noticed this post before ordering a grinder a couple weeks ago.

Ordered a Mignon Specialita ( Chrome) on the 4th Dec purely on the basis that on the website they were apparently "In Stock" , waited until Tuesday 8th and emailed wondering why i had heard nothing , was told it could take 5-7 working days to dispatch . Emailed again after that and was told it could take 7 to 10 working days now.

Why not state they are drop shipping instead of saying on the website they are in stock ??? As i would have definitely ordered elsewhere as i needed the machine quickly. 

Very disappointed by JavaHub. I ordered and paid for a Beko espresso machine on October 31, now on December 17 it's still not been delivered. A promised delivery by a well known, reliable parcel company was suddenly cancelled, not surprising since that company's website tracker did not recognise the supposed parcel number. Promises of delivery came to nothing, a couple of emails were sent to stall and assuage but my advice would be to try another company first if ordering coffee 'hardware'.

And I thought I was doing the right thing by supporting a new small business.

The power of Coffee Forums UK???? Within five hours of my post about JavaHub the Beko espresso machine was delivered!

OK, probably coincidence, but the Beko espresso maker is now the fourth espresso maker I've had in recent years and it makes hotter and richer espresso than some much more expensive makers. As for JavaHub it looks like they are an enthusiastic, relatively new business, if only they had advised at the time of buying that there would be a long delivery time this would have cooled my impatience and forestalled my complaints. Having said that it must be tough running any small business at a time of Covid, lockdowns and Brexit.

In summary - worth waiting for.

• Like 1

I also ordered from them a mignion specialita chrome on the 28th of November and after many excuses that it will be shipped "tomorrow" it never did. They did refund the order though a few days ago... (I had previously asked AMEX to cancel the charge after seeing the trustpilot reviews). 

While they are probably legit and they seem to suffer from the current situation (covid/x-mas) they are also not quite honest and upfront...

We all thought that they had these items in stock  and this impression was not our fault... it was  on purpose  by them; their website shows some items as "sold out" and others appear normal, leaving the impression that they are in stock.

Then when you contact them they always promise that they will send the items "tomorrow" or "on Monday" etc.... But this is also not a honest reply. They are just trying to buy time to get these items from their distributors, hoping for the best... I understand that it is a tough time but they should manage expectations BEFORE ordering:

1)   by clearly stating what is in stock and what is not in stock .... 

2) by  providing more accurate estimations when asked (or just say WE DONT KNOW, would you like a refund instead).

Then people might be still happy to wait a few weeks to get things cheaper...

All this bad PR is happening because of bad expectation management (and the significant multi-week delays that might be out of their control). Also stop offering discounts for people to remove negative reviews... this is wrong...

We all want a small coffee company to succeed and we have nothing against you, just make sure it is clear when we order that the item is not in stock and it might take weeks to dispatch it... 

Edited by Ilias

I ordered a Eureka Mignon which didn't turn up after more than two weeks. I was told a couple of times it would be sent but never was. They finally told me it was due to waiting for supplies to be delivered. To be honest I would've ordered from someone else had i known as I originally wanted the Chrome version. To their credit they offered me a discount and another colour choice which I now have and I'm happy with and wasn't going to shell out the difference just for a chrome version. Side note: The red looks cool like a Ducati/Ferrari.

On the other hand, I also placed an order for a few other items including a few bags of coffee on the same order which havn't turned up so we'll see what happens there. The coffee better be worth the wait.

All in all not the best service, the offer of discount did sweeten the deal. Somewhat annoying as I'm in Essex and they are just down the road in north Kent and wanted to support "local".

Edited by Mrwayne86

I had the same problem with them , turns out they did have a problem of a delay with the Chrome Specialita , i ended up going for white , they offered a discount , but i told them to just throw in some beans instead , as i was on some emergency bag from Sainsbury which was frankly awful.

But yes if they had of been honest from the start instead of pretending the grinders were in stock it would have been better.

56 minutes ago, Akula said:

I had the same problem with them , turns out they did have a problem of a delay with the Chrome Specialita , i ended up going for white , they offered a discount , but i told them to just throw in some beans instead , as i was on some emergency bag from Sainsbury which was frankly awful.

But yes if they had of been honest from the start instead of pretending the grinders were in stock it would have been better

Exactly, they are probably struggling with delays but they were not honest on the stock and the delays...

As a result, they get al the negative reviews on google, trusted pilot and here... It seems a lot of people had the same issues.

In the future if they accurately describe what is in stock they will probably do well. 

Did you eventually get yours, I had to cancel mine (and get a refund) as I am currently travelling and couldn't collect the parcel. 

Edited by Ilias

10 hours ago, Ilias said:

Exactly, they are probably struggling with delays but they were not honest on the stock and the delays...

As a result, they get al the negative reviews on google, trusted pilot and here... It seems a lot of people had the same issues.

In the future if they accurately describe what is in stock they will probably do well. 

Did you eventually get yours, I had to cancel mine (and get a refund) as I am currently travelling and couldn't collect the parcel. 

Yes , on Friday morning they offered me any other colour and said they would get it in the post over the weekend for delivery Monday , i said give me a white one but get it dispatched that day for next day delivery saturday.

So recieved it on the saturday with 3 bags of beans also.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at making a purchase with JavaHub in a day or two, so I thought it was worth asking if anyone had a refferal code they'd like to share? It seems we'd both get a £10 off voucher so it's a win win ☺ 

I’ve ordered beans from them recently but can’t find any details 🤷‍♂️ Watch out have a search they have come in for criticism in the past re shipping euro plug stock and delays 

Edited by HDAV
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, Akula said:

I recieved some free beans from them due to the carry on i had with them , i must say i have enjoyed the first two bags immensely

I ordered 2 bags the first one was great the second was a bit so so, was lots of crema 

First up apologies if you've already read this on another thread, as I've posted this elsewhere on the forum... but this looks like my story about JavaHub might be best placed here...

Whilst I don't doubt JavaHub's coffee bean credentials (I would imagine that they are mostly re-bagging Herbert & Ward coffees, who they share a premises with), I would think long and hard about ordering anything else from them.

A cautionary tale...

Having immediately taken my money for an espresso machine their website said was 'in stock' when I placed my order on the 4th December, they subsequently failed to meet 2 delivery deadlines (the second time it was apparently 'due for dispatch', to be with me within 2 days.

When it didn't show up for the second time I requested a refund, at which time I was immediately notified that the order had been cancelled; however 2 weeks on I have yet to receive a refund of the money they were so quick to take and I have not had a reply to my request for an update... the upshot now being that I will now be starting a fraud claim against them with my bank.

As many have commented before, I looked to support a small (local-ish) business rather than immediately turning to one of the big retailers, but ultimately I ended up ordering the same equipment via AO, where I paid a little more, but it arrived the next day and a potential lack of 50th birthday present was avoided. 

I would advise anyone thinking about using them to take a look at their Trustpilot reviews for the last 2 months...  

On 22/12/2020 at 00:18, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Ahhhh even more glowing reports ☝️^^^^ for Javahub :classic_wink:

I don't gamble (mugs game) but if i did i'd have 10-1 on Javahub changing their name sometime next year :classic_rolleyes:

I concur!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ordered a coffee machine and some filter papers for a Christmas present for my partner. I ordered from Javahub as they said they had it in stock on their website and that it would be delivered by Christmas. After me chasing them as I hadnt heard anything and noted the £180 had been taken, I was sent a tracking number. The tracking number was for DPD but their website didn't recognise it. I emailed back and forth asking for assurance, as my partner had apparently dropped enough hints last year about what they wanted, that I had not picked up on. Anyway, I was told it had shipped and would be with me by the Tuesday, of that week at the latest. Nothing happened of course but I did get a DPD message saying my package would be delivered on the Wednesday. We'll a package was delivered, it was not a coffee machine, but filter papers. So clearly I was not getting the coffee machine I ordered in time for Christmas or possibly at all. What upset me was I had  no gift for my partner. OK I  got something sorted but it was not what they were hoping for... Again!

Moreover, I felt misled and to be honest, a little bit cheated by Javahub. I am going to speak to trading standard colleagues as I think it is misleading practice in regards to the website, and my contract with them ended when they failed to deliver on a date they had guaranteed to, especially as I had stipulated I needed it for Christmas. Communication had been sporadic and likewise, had not answered specific questions.

Looking at the reviews it seems the problems were mainly with hardware (Grinders and Machines) as opposed to coffee. The coffee has some excellent reviews. What with covid and everything else going on, I decided to cut them some slack, my machine maybe was held up coming into the UK, but I think it's goods leaving the UK that were the problem. 

Well as of today 8 Jan 2021  still no coffee machine but I did have an email fron DPD yesterday to say that the shipment had returned to sender, in Netherlands. That was yesterday AM, 7 January 21. I have emailed Danny and asked for a refund, I'll let you know if or when I get one, I may end up at this rate approaching the credit card company and claiming it back under section 75.

I will update on progress... Please be very very patient!

• Like 3

I ordered my Beko coffee machine on the 13th December as a Christmas present. Was informed that it would not arrive in time for Christmas and to please be patient and support a small business and accept some coffee as an apology. I was really understanding but this has gone on for far too long. I have had to chase multiple times for an update, each time being given promises of it being dispatched soon. I received tracking details from DPD and told it would arrive no later than 11th Jan. it’s now 11th Jan and DPD haven’t received the parcel from Javahub, when I mentioned this to customer service they said DPD had major delays, looked at DPD’s website and they only have delays in Scotland. Wish I’d read the reviews before purchasing!!!

Has anyone else with bad experiences reported them to trading standards? 

1 hour ago, AliceH said:

Has anyone else with bad experiences reported them to trading standards? 

I've still not heard a word from them since mid December (other than automated replies) - they still have a lot of my money, so my report to Kent Trading Standards went in today.

1 hour ago, JRW said:

I've still not heard a word from them since mid December (other than automated replies) - they still have a lot of my money, so my report to Kent Trading Standards went in today.

I called Medway trading standards earlier today but they are working from home due to covid and so have had to email. For your information its Marcia. [email protected]

• Like 1