IGNORED

What did the Postie bring you today - Part 2

On 19/12/2020 at 09:06, Missy said:

"It's Christmas please just send me everything"

And now we have absolutely no visitors coming... Somehow I will struggle on through emoji1787.png

Weirdly this has arrived before the special delivery parcel I'm waiting on... 86947cc7ec0d2140d7ad8341fade3882.jpg

how are you getting on with the North Star? Would be good to get some tips on espresso extraction for this one! Thanks :)

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely Bar towel arrived today. Cracking open my rested beans that arrived last week but I forget to put a picture up of.

Joining the ranks, having received my @DogandHat sub yesterday. As I'm now officially on holiday I thought I'd take the opportunity to get back into photography after a very long hiatus. Lots of beans

Postie dropped couple of bags of beans this morning! Beans from Cairngorm in Edinburgh. Here's to those slurping their Uganda Ibanda from the naughty step but unable to post due to #CFUKLOCKDOWN.

Posted Images

how are you getting on with the North Star? Would be good to get some tips on espresso extraction for this one! Thanks
I've not opened it yet!

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> Fracino Cherub—> La Pav Europiccola:

:Mazzer SuperJolly:

:Hario V60+aeropress:

That was my first thought! Gold Block, right?
I think if that tin contained tobacco these days you'd have to save up to buy it! I'll be honest and say I tried to give up smoking a few times 'because it's bad for you' but in the end it was the relentless price rises that finally provided the required level of motivation, and I'm also talking decades ago.

An empty Gold Block tin is currently £5 on Ebay!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Collectable-Gold-Block-The-Aristocrat-Of-Pipe-Tobacco-Tin-/321738851893?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Thanks @DogandHat for the pre-Christmas delivery. I'm definitely not going to run out over Christmas now!

Couldn't resist adding some of the Onyx on... The Ethiopian sample from them that came with Standart magazine earlier in the year was unbelievable, so high hopes for this one! 

IMG_20201221_140745.jpg

• Like 3

After 10 days of no RM deliveries our postie finally came through! 😂

Got to test out the Aerspeed this morning for V60 using the Rao mixed bloom/single pour method thing, with very nice results from the tropical/chocolate/orange natural Brazilian I have at the minute. Few observations:

1-Much faster than my old Aergrind, <60s for 20g at 1.4

2-They appear to have made the internal vanes thinner so beans flow better

3-Lower piece is now machined from a single block, nice rounded seam free on the inside so doesn’t trap coffee like the old two piece design

4-New satin finished steel handle, nice texture

50746799076_9ee88dfbd3_b.jpg50746901407_f63b4a919c_b.jpg50746901397_25f0e3cf71_b.jpg50746799156_cc25e7d543_b.jpg50746901332_093d6be0e4_b.jpg

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Stu Beck said:

This month's Django sub, interested to try coffee from Myanmar 😀

IMG_20201223_151732.jpg

I have this on the offer list at the moment - you are in for a treat.

• Like 1

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Coffee | Espresso Machines | Grinders | Accessories

Izzo Vivi, Alex and Alex Duetto in stock now!

On 22/12/2020 at 09:00, Griffo said:

Came in the other day from Black Cat. Not sure what to go for first - got to be the Christmas blend I guess?!

478855D6-99F6-4420-951B-ABF70DE09325.jpeg

When did you order these ? Im still awaiting my Chocolate point beans from the 16th

Joining the ranks, having received my @DogandHat sub yesterday. As I'm now officially on holiday I thought I'd take the opportunity to get back into photography after a very long hiatus. Lots of beans were picked off the carpet during this shoot but none were wasted!
1533708615__W9A1132-1-standardweb.thumb.jpg.0417e3d382cc03ccaaab0c001af4cb1c.jpg

I think you should send that to Alex and Holly at North Star, great photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
45 minutes ago, Griffo said:

Winner! Have you had Chocolate Point before? Makes amazing milk drinks :)

No not yet , but i do love my milk drinks , i have half a bag of coffee open at the moment, but might relegate that to pour over and treat myself to a chocolate point tomorrow morning 🤣