IGNORED

What did the Postie bring you today - Part 2

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joining the ranks, having received my @DogandHat sub yesterday. As I'm now officially on holiday I thought I'd take the opportunity to get back into photography after a very long hiatus. Lots of beans

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Like Medium Strong Coffee said:

Jx Pro arrived today from Taiwan! Paid £136.71 including a spare Crank Handle for $13.

How do you order the spare crank handle from the site? Thanks.

7 hours ago, shazza said:

How do you order the spare crank handle from the site? Thanks.

You may contact them at [email protected] and request. They will send you a link to order parts along with your original order. Thx 

“There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning”  - Jiddu Krishnamurti

On 24/02/2021 at 09:22, Like Medium Strong Coffee said:

Jx Pro arrived today from Taiwan! Paid £136.71 including a spare Crank Handle for $13. 

5D6920FB-06B6-46DC-A053-E60E5E981564.jpeg

Did you manage to avoid a large customs bill

8 hours ago, ken0062 said:

Did you manage to avoid a large customs bill

Yeah. Nothing. 😎

You could also pay by something like Monzo bank card. You get to save a  few £ by currency rates and non-£ transaction fees. 

• Like 1

“There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning”  - Jiddu Krishnamurti

A Little Delivery from @BlackCatCoffee ... great way to end the week.

IMG_20210226_141656906.thumb.jpg.50665fd85a9bd0e8929b00480a5219c3.jpg

And now to sift through various threads on brew ratios to see what @MWJB latest wisdom is...

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="5822639" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="2.3469387755102042"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/hangover-math-mathematics-equation-lol-gif-5822639">Hangover Math GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/hangover-gifs">Hangover GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Edited by SuffolkDoug
Embed GIF Fail....
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Baffo said:

Well.. 

whoop whoop!!

me to - pic to come - although i think i touched a nerve at home when my wife said - 'do you need a new kitchen for all your coffee stuff?' and then quickly followed with 'how about your own house!!' 😲

All good - when i pacified her with saying she could warm her tea mugs on the top the Bianca 🙂 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Cuprajake said:

@jonr2 love it. 

Kinda wish id spent more haha

@Cuprajake thanks - don't worry the nature of upgraditis means we will both be drooling over other people machines in a couple of weeks!!

• Like 2

It's coming along. All very messy but it's ready for tomorrow. 

Feck it's so pretty. 

@Cuprajake Jake, I knew that I'd be just like you and want to get the flow control, the quiet pump, yada yada.. Plus the Minima got delayed. So I thought feck it. 

16143638777733843180823708690554.jpg

Edited by Baffo
  • Like 5
12 minutes ago, Cuprajake said:

Lovely. 

Go big or go home 

What you doing regarding water

I asked Mark to look at my local water report and Scottish water is going to give me most likely non existent problems with scaling, it's softer than my willpower to resist expensive machines. 

If at some point I can be bothered to do something else I will, but for now I have so much to sink my teeth into that it's enough to know that the machine won't have issues because of it. 

Then again if a panel of local experts can dissuade me from this on grounds of it being a danger to the machine, I'll listen. But if it's just about water being better for the flavour in the cup, I'll wait a wee bit. 

• Like 1

....Scottish water is going to give me most likely non existent problems with scaling, it's softer than my willpower to resist expensive machines.

+1 reason to live in Scotland not London 🙂

• Like 2