IGNORED

What did the Postie bring you today - Part 2

I wouldn't be giving it to my dog. But Osmio do recommend using it to water plants. 
He's not allowed it neat 50/50 diluted with tap & still here 12 months on
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely Bar towel arrived today. Cracking open my rested beans that arrived last week but I forget to put a picture up of.

Joining the ranks, having received my @DogandHat sub yesterday. As I'm now officially on holiday I thought I'd take the opportunity to get back into photography after a very long hiatus. Lots of beans

Postie dropped couple of bags of beans this morning! Beans from Cairngorm in Edinburgh. Here's to those slurping their Uganda Ibanda from the naughty step but unable to post due to #CFUKLOCKDOWN.

Posted Images

Not exactly from the postie, but almost! 

I'm long-term lending my feldgrind to a friend. As a thank you he decided to try to find a roaster I hadn't come across before and bought us some beans (half each). He just dropped them off. 

Haven't tried them yet, going to cup them this afternoon, but here's what he bought.

IMG_20210116_121602.thumb.jpg.a6a8c92dc276426d7db182da8065946a.jpg

The tin is a premium one - natural Ethiopian with an SCA score of 90 - so I'm looking forward to that. And the other is a washed Ethiopian. Who doesn't love a washed Ethiopian?! 

Anyone tried Moon Roast before? 

Edited by jaffro
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, KTD said:

...once you get to know the people on it you are interested in other things they may have received.

...and that's what the "OFF TOPIC" section is for.....however....YMMV

“Rincewind wasn't used to people being pleased to see him. It was unnatural, and boded no good. These people were not only cheering, they were throwing flowers and hats. The hats were made out of stone, but the thought was there.”

Thank you @EricC!

Let the testing begin. Will sell it on  most of them once I’m done. 

8E2FE9E0-24A4-4CFE-BF82-28EDF860FEA2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

On 18/01/2021 at 11:45, MediumRoastSteam said:

This is the the closest we get to donating your coffee to science. 🤣

What's the plan? Compare to VST? Something else? Whatever it is - we expect a rigorous testing regime! 😉

4 minutes ago, Doram said:

This is the the closest we get to donating your coffee to science. 🤣

What's the plan? Compare to VST? Something else? Whatever it is - we expect a rigorous testing regime! 😉

they taste different I'm sure. But it was more for the Elizabeth. Basically I get no stuck pucks with the IMS baskets, regardless whether they are convex or flat. With the VST, it's a more common occurrence.

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

2 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

they taste different I'm sure. But it was more for the Elizabeth. Basically I get no stuck pucks with the IMS baskets, regardless whether they are convex or flat. With the VST, it's a more common occurrence.

So you plan to make sure IMS doesn't cause sticky pucks on Elizabith like VST, then sell them on and keep using VST. Got it. 

On 18/01/2021 at 11:45, MediumRoastSteam said:

Thank you @EricC!

8E2FE9E0-24A4-4CFE-BF82-28EDF860FEA2.jpeg

What are you actually testing and with what criteria ? 

I was just testing whether the IMS basket are less prone to stuck pucks if compared to the VST basket with the Lelit Elizabeth which seems to be rather common occurrence. That's all. I'm sorry to disappoint everyone, but nothing too scientific. @Mrboots2u

6 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

I was just testing whether the IMS basket are less prone to stuck pucks if compared to the VST basket with the Lelit Elizabeth which seems to be rather common occurrence. That's all. I'm sorry to disappoint everyone, but nothing too scientific. @Mrboots2u

Not disappointed , just curious,  but if one makes tastier coffee , then what is more important a sticky puck or a tasty cup

On 16/01/2021 at 14:53, Rumpelstiltskin said:

...and that's what the "OFF TOPIC" section is for.....however....YMMV

I reckon it's OK to post other stuff, especially if it's loosely related to coffee. A car...well you can drink coffee in it and many do. I'm guilty of it as well.

But I always drink coffee when playing Pinball....when I was a smoker (over 20 years ago now), there would have been a fag on the edge of the table as well (and probably a Beer instead of a coffee. I like to see peoples other stuff, even if it's not strictly speaking coffee gear. I'm just waiting with bated breath to see what you might post up now. 😉

P.S. I suspect my Big Brave pinball is politically incorrect nowadays...

• Like 1

Nothing here...

7 minutes ago, Mrboots2u said:

Not disappointed , just curious,  but if one makes tastier coffee , then what is more important a sticky puck or a tasty cup

Yep. The difference for me is that IMS has so many different baskets it's insane. as far as I can tell, the IMS and the VST make good coffees, and I can tell the difference (I already have one, but I wanted to try different variants).

For the coffee I drink, VST and IMS makes good coffee. I'm happy to drink from either, both show clarity if compared to the stock basket. But my tastebuds are not that wonderful that I can tell that one is much better than the other. 

Forgot to post this yesterday...

As always, thanks @DogandHat 😊 tried the redemption roasters beans yesterday in the chemex and they're awesome. Neighbourhood will be tried later today... 

Separately, I got myself one of the cloth filters that square mile have up at the moment (they're a quid cheaper if you buy them direct from the cloth filter company). I got a hemp filter from amazon before and it sucked... But square mile said on insta thag they were actually having to grind finer with these cloth filters, so I hoped it would be a suitable substitute for paper filters. First try today, absolute gusher! I'll have to grind finer... 

IMG_20210119_143142.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, jaffro said:

Forgot to post this yesterday...

As always, thanks @DogandHat 😊 tried the redemption roasters beans yesterday in the chemex and they're awesome. Neighbourhood will be tried later today... 

Separately, I got myself one of the cloth filters that square mile have up at the moment (they're a quid cheaper if you buy them direct from the cloth filter company). I got a hemp filter from amazon before and it sucked... But square mile said on insta thag they were actually having to grind finer with these cloth filters, so I hoped it would be a suitable substitute for paper filters. First try today, absolute gusher! I'll have to grind finer... 

IMG_20210119_143142.jpg

I had just had the neighbourhood in a flat white and it's delicious 😁

Edited by StevenG91
  • Like 1

So, the replacement tamper came, 58.4mm. Perfect 

And a motta cocco shaker to be a grinds catcher tub, upgrade for the plastic pot i was using 😂

20210120_174606.jpg

20210120_114545.jpg

• Like 1

Way too early for this sh...

On 19/01/2021 at 18:17, DavecUK said:

...I'm just waiting with bated breath to see what you might post up now. 😉 ...

Well now how could i refuse :classic_biggrin: ...it'd be rude of me not to; the postie did indeed bring me something today, it's to replace the one i stood on before Xmas....nothing to do with coffee so the "cup" is to stay within/abide by the rules :classic_wink::classic_wink:

p.s. i drink coffee whilst using this.

20210119_191347.jpg

“Rincewind wasn't used to people being pleased to see him. It was unnatural, and boded no good. These people were not only cheering, they were throwing flowers and hats. The hats were made out of stone, but the thought was there.”

2 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Which model have you got...I assume you stood on it while observing.

Yeah a rat startled me and i wimped out stepped backwards and totally trashed it beyond even my skills to repair. The old one can be seen between the legs :classic_blink: ...sorry for the poor quality pics (took from missus's crap phone)...heavily modified Meade LX200 with GPS tracking, speaking "star" module fitted, upgraded capacitors and added WiFi module to remote control/full PC-control from indoors, uprated all gearing and a microfocuser (DC controlled)...now exactly same spec as the new version, apart from UHD coating (next on list).

16487094_829012513903319_4866583571825235350_o.jpg

16587256_829012510569986_2357778972347192356_o.jpg

• Like 1