IGNORED

What did the Postie bring you today - Part 2

32 minutes ago, Akula said:

I can earn between £800-£1000+ per month

Wow - that is much much  more than I was told by our postie, he might decide to jump ship.

ALa deliveries when I am not home - nope, I am home, they just don;t knowck or use the doorbell or anything, as you say dash up, chuck it anyoldwhere, and naff off😁

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joining the ranks, having received my @DogandHat sub yesterday. As I'm now officially on holiday I thought I'd take the opportunity to get back into photography after a very long hiatus. Lots of beans

Custom niche zero kit by @joey24dirtspalted beech 

Bought myself a nice little walnut upgrade for the MaraX. Happy 30th to me... 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Akula said:

Im afraid thats untrue regarding Amazon unfortunately , as i do a bit of work for them in my spare time , and we are paid per block not per parcel , and the full time van drivers are paid per day.

I can earn between £800-£1000+ per month and this is on top of my actual full time job for local Council  , ive actually earned £510 in one week from them so i would say they are amongst the best paid. 

However the van drivers are a different breed and i can understand their frustrations , as you really want to get rid of your parcels , as the quicker you get finished the quicker you get home , and if someone is not home , you then need to take that parcel back , and that could be an extra 10 or 20 miles depending on where you live , so they want to find a safe place , i see no issue in the cardboard bin if he is at least putting a card through your door to let you know.

Herpes are paid by parcel

At least with Amazon you know when the parcels are coming , Royal Mail parcels just appear whenever,

Luckily i have a have a few more days worth of beans left so it will give the other beans a few more days rest. 

@AkulaI suppose the questions is how many parcels did your £500 plus equate to in one week?

If it was 5000 were are down to 10p a parcel again and I would suspect you are actually Santa clause 

9 hours ago, Akula said:

Im afraid thats untrue regarding Amazon unfortunately , as i do a bit of work for them in my spare time , and we are paid per block not per parcel , and the full time van drivers are paid per day.

I can earn between £800-£1000+ per month and this is on top of my actual full time job for local Council  , ive actually earned £510 in one week from them so i would say they are amongst the best paid. 

However the van drivers are a different breed and i can understand their frustrations , as you really want to get rid of your parcels , as the quicker you get finished the quicker you get home , and if someone is not home , you then need to take that parcel back , and that could be an extra 10 or 20 miles depending on where you live , so they want to find a safe place , i see no issue in the cardboard bin if he is at least putting a card through your door to let you know.

Herpes are paid by parcel

At least with Amazon you know when the parcels are coming , Royal Mail parcels just appear whenever,

Luckily i have a have a few more days worth of beans left so it will give the other beans a few more days rest. 

That’s a lot of herpes getting tossed around then mate, none this way I must confirm 😂

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Mrboots2u said:

@AkulaI suppose the questions is how many parcels did your £500 plus equate to in one week?

If it was 5000 were are down to 10p a parcel again and 

Not that many probably about 300 ish. Probably average about 30 to 40 parcels per block of 3.5 hrs , but sometimes can be less , or more. More usually means theres a few in each street so your done in no time , where as less they will be more spaced out so more miles between. 

Even after taking fuel off, tax etc its still easy money. Quite enjoy it to be honest , see some sights ! 

Delivered a couple boxes to a guy a few days ago and the procedure just now due to Covid is to place parcel on doorstep , knock and take a couple steps back , so i put the parcel down and knock as im walking back for the other parcel , guy answers in his housecoat , i tell him im just grabbing his other parcel , as i get it out the car and turn round , he has picked his parcel from the doorstep and turned 180 and bent over to place it down. So im greeted with a full showing of his conkers from behind 🤣

• Haha 3

Had Aeropress delivered today from Wave. It was delivered by the Postie, he knocked, left it on the door step.., he didn't know we were in...😆 I'd noticed on a previous part of this thread, that the postie hadn't left the parcel only a card...

So, we had our first coffee's, from the aero, and and they were the best coffee's, we've had in a long time...Think it must be the fresh coffee. I had Rave grind it...as I'm sure my aero technique is not good at the moment...think theres loads of room for improvement...need to go over to the aero thread to learn more....  

MY COFFEE JOURNEY HAS BEGUN🙂

20210111_125702.jpg

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, RobDGio said:

Looking forward to this one

image.jpg

Beloya is a good washing station, coffees from there usually cup well. I remember the days of beloya 90 and 90+ coffees, 88 is a high score....enjoy!

• Like 2

Nothing here...

My first order from @BlackCatCoffee - looking forward to trying this trio.

Any recommendations on Espresso recipes for the El Salvador and Ethiopia to get me started or the usual 18 in 36 out over 25-30 seconds?

I also have a V60 now so will try both brew methods.

IMG_2818D.thumb.jpeg.23362d25f13d651bc5adad5522e179f9.jpeg

• Like 1
Had Aeropress delivered today from Wave. It was delivered by the Postie, he knocked, left it on the door step.., he didn't know we were in... I'd noticed on a previous part of this thread, that the postie hadn't left the parcel only a card...
So, we had our first coffee's, from the aero, and and they were the best coffee's, we've had in a long time...Think it must be the fresh coffee. I had Rave grind it...as I'm sure my aero technique is not good at the moment...think theres loads of room for improvement...need to go over to the aero thread to learn more....  
MY COFFEE JOURNEY HAS BEGUN
20210111_125702.thumb.jpg.21308797528bd623d1490fa2e6fe3d00.jpg

Two smashers there, I drink these two far too often. Love Rave.
  • Like 1

Postie turned up with my MBK Aergrind and Flair Classic today, several days earlier than expected! So my espresso coffee was still in the freezer and I hadn't read up enough to make a recipe for a first attempt. Took me 3 tries with a medium/dark roast I've been using for filter to get a drinkable espresso, but definitely more work to be done! 

On 12/01/2021 at 18:33, Al Grandé said:

Had Aeropress delivered today from Wave. It was delivered by the Postie, he knocked, left it on the door step.., he didn't know we were in...😆 I'd noticed on a previous part of this thread, that the postie hadn't left the parcel only a card...

MY COFFEE JOURNEY HAS BEGUN🙂

20210111_125702.jpg

Wait till you start on the other single origins

Edited by coffeechap
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Cuprajake said:

This came in a hugely big box 20210113_173956.thumb.jpg.26aa18336c569e0ddb31f28b627259a0.jpg

And my seemingly shit run of luck continues...20210113_174121.thumb.jpg.a037009f0837df6121a8f7189e621b3b.jpg

You just couldn't make this stuff up...it beggers belief...you can just make out the dint in the black box...but how in 7 holy hells did it manage to get whacked in that OVERKILL (well obviuosly it wasn't overkill as it's damaged) of a box plus all that small-rain-forrest of packaging. 😵

Fides Nemo

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

You just couldn't make this stuff up...it beggers belief...you can just make out the dint in the black box...but how in 7 holy hells did it manage to get whacked in that OVERKILL (well obviuosly it wasn't overkill as it's damaged) of a box plus all that small-rain-forrest of packaging. 😵

I suspect it was whacked prior sending it and to avoid any doubts that it happened in transit, i.e. void your claim they put it in an overkill box. It is a shame what they have done.

• Like 1

Nothing succeeds as planned.

ACS Vesuvius, Nuova Simonelli Apia I 1 gr, San Remo 1 gr., Bezzera BZ35e, Fracino Heavenly, Saeco Via Veneto Combi de Luxe, Mythos Plus Nuova Simonelli, Anfim Super Lusso, Cunill Space, Gene Cafe

My new acaic pearl scales came today, 

Thefe used🤦🏻‍♀️ need to stop using ebay, sick of dishonest sellers. 

They work but thats not the point. 20210114_102106.thumb.jpg.59aaa20790fb9267313137ae50320682.jpg20210114_102508.thumb.jpg.35e3c0a6064bfee7e616dda5e5d00dd3.jpg20210114_102502.thumb.jpg.236473a98084a845e058ebd1f7938733.jpg

in other news coffeehit have been quick to rectify the tamper 👍😁

Way too early for this sh...