Coffee Forums banner

What did the Postie bring you today - Part 2

83K views 1K replies 220 participants last post by  jj-x-ray 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
They're very... VERY yellow bags. I feel like I want to go and steal a Major from someone's kitchen to complement them! No risk of them not resting for a few days, they're joining a bit of a queue!
39bcc5a0fbfde5168a11fbe973064f25.jpg

See less See more
#3 ·
And here was me thinking@DavecUK was trying to censor vital information on the ripening of coffee bags emoji23.png
Nah it's me trying to help things not break again and make the side of the forum you don't see more efficient....and everyone's so good...I need something to do. ????

#4 ·
Well it's not all good because it might affect search engine optimisation for a while (my bad), although I'm hoping it won't. As far as we are concerned though...it's quite nice to have a new thread and they are both pinned to the top of the forum.

#6 ·
I hope I am not going over the limit, but wanted to show detailed pics in case anyonw else is considering one, I hope that is OK - if not, let me know...

The 1Zpresso JX arrived today - box a little worn from its travels from the USA:

I have shown pics as best I can of the contents(cat is optional extra), the grind dial and the burrs in situ(please excuse the tasklight taking up the lefthandside)

Brown Rectangle Orange Yellow Font

Office supplies Wallet Electronic device Cat Bag

Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

Attachments

#14 ·
The observant among you will spot that I haven't got the right tools for the job! Despite having a spot all ready for my newly adopted puppy. Huge thanks to@Snakehips !
ae8b37f303123335368ceb4d2fe88d1d.jpg
1db5b42cfb06896d3c074975872ab822.jpg

#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
Not exactly coffee related, but no doubt I'll be using it to take pics of 'coffee related stuff'

The postie handed me a lovely parcel yesterday and this is what was inside..

Photograph White Reflex camera Digital camera Point-and-shoot camera

Leica 3G from 1957 and Leitz Summar 5cm f2 from 1936. The Summar isn't brilliant as it has some haze/fungus but should clean up nice. It's a pre-war lens so uncoated (believe it or not, the Germans developed lens coatings during the war to improve their lenses..) Hoping to find a better lens at some point as I was spoilt with the Summitar that had to go back on the iiif I had (faulty shutter curtains..)

Camera lens Picture frame Reflex camera Wood Wall

My 9cm Elmar f4 goes lovely with it, as it has viewfinder lines for both 50mm and 90mm lenses built in. The older Leica screw mount cameras didn't have any and the viewfinder was for 50mm only/ Pic was taken using the 5cm Summar fitted to my Fuji X-Pro2 via an adapter.

Brown Digital camera Reflex camera Point-and-shoot camera Camera

This briefly was my iiif and 1950's Summitar.. Gutted.. The 3G actually cost less!! Serendipity :D

Attachments

#41 ·
Cardboard box from Milano. 👍😁 early Xmas pressie for the Appartamento and us!!

View attachment 49024

View attachment 49025
Nice 😊...i can't tell from the scale but what size are they, Espresso or Cappuccino ?

Nice colour as well, grey tends to get a bad rap when it comes to colour; but i like it...almost like Battleship Grey

Very nice, very nice indeed.