Jump to content

Square Mile's Yemenia is now up for preorder - £40.00 for 200g, roasted and dispatched next Thursday (26th November).


Recommended Posts

I've looked at it about 6 times and debated it... 

I shouldn't... 

But I might. 

Lelit MaraX, Niche Zero, MBK Feldgrind, Gene Cafe 101, several brewers... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jaffro said:

I've looked at it about 6 times and debated it... 

I shouldn't... 

But I might. 

I did 😆

Gaggia Classic / Aeropress / V60 / Niche Zero / Wilfa Svart / Feldgrind

Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious to try it but Yemeni coffee is for the quality very expensive at the best of times. Because of the hype and marketing that has gone in to this I think it is very, very expensive. Perhaps I am wrong and it will be a game changer but I will probably wait until next year's harvest when I suspect prices may settle down a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, davril said:

Curious to try it but Yemeni coffee is for the quality very expensive at the best of times. Because of the hype and marketing that has gone in to this I think it is very, very expensive. Perhaps I am wrong and it will be a game changer but I will probably wait until next year's harvest when I suspect prices may settle down a bit.

Game changer nah, one can hope for tasty brew 

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davril said:

Curious to try it but Yemeni coffee is for the quality very expensive at the best of times. Because of the hype and marketing that has gone in to this I think it is very, very expensive. Perhaps I am wrong and it will be a game changer but I will probably wait until next year's harvest when I suspect prices may settle down a bit.

Yeah I'm thinking similar. 

It's definitely over priced to an extent, but I guess limited supply accounts for some of the price. Maybe marketing and hype increases it further. 

Last year around my birthday I got some Panamanian gesha to try. I was going to do the same this year and get some from kiss the hippo. However, this popped up and I thought I'd change my plans. 

Prices of Panama gesha are still pretty high though. Maybe Yemenia will stay quite high as well?

I suppose geshas from other countries are usually cheaper, so maybe hype and marketing is just keeping the Panama stuff comparatively really high? 

Lelit MaraX, Niche Zero, MBK Feldgrind, Gene Cafe 101, several brewers... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had too many disappointing experiences with expensive lots, expectations are so high having paid so much that it's hard to be satisfied. The odd one has been worth it, though

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jaffro said:

Yeah I'm thinking similar. 

It's definitely over priced to an extent, but I guess limited supply accounts for some of the price. Maybe marketing and hype increases it further. 

Last year around my birthday I got some Panamanian gesha to try. I was going to do the same this year and get some from kiss the hippo. However, this popped up and I thought I'd change my plans. 

Prices of Panama gesha are still pretty high though. Maybe Yemenia will stay quite high as well?

I suppose geshas from other countries are usually cheaper, so maybe hype and marketing is just keeping the Panama stuff comparatively really high? 

Supply versus demand , prices driven not auction generally hoovered up by the Japanese 

  • Like 1

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mrboots2u said:

Supply versus demand , prices driven not auction generally hoovered up by the Japanese 

Totally see its supply vs demand. Hadn't realised the Japanese went for it so hard. Interesting, thanks for the insight! 

Lelit MaraX, Niche Zero, MBK Feldgrind, Gene Cafe 101, several brewers... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's crazy to think that one of the most unique and limited coffees in the world currently can be, at a regular 15-18g dose, be brewed at a similar price (£3 - £3.60) to your average high street festive coffee 🙃

  • Like 4

Espresso - Sage DB. Niche Zero.

Brewed - Lido E. Aeropress. v60. CCD. French Press

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, nufc1 said:

It's crazy to think that one of the most unique and limited coffees in the world currently can be, at a regular 15-18g dose, be brewed at a similar price (£3 - £3.60) to your average high street festive coffee 🙃

That's a very good way of looking at it!

However, I think I'd still rather go for three £12 bags (250g). I'll see what people say, though, maybe it'll be worth it in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, take the plunge and discover that it’s not to your taste - not a great experience.

Or, on the other hand, it could just be the most fantastic coffee you ever taste - possibly leaving you regarding all that cheap old £20 for 250g stuff as undrinkable going forward. 

For myself, there are still way too many coffees at slightly lower price points that I still need to try first. 
 

Regards,
John

Profitec Pro 600, Niche Zero, 1Zpresso JX Pro, Osmio Zero

If I could think of something witty and original to put in my signature, this is where it would be . . .

Link to post
Share on other sites

@nufc1 you make a very persuasive case!

Also a great option if your freezer is running out of space for more beans 😂

Putting Champagne onto the tasting notes is a clever little nudge to help justify the £40 price tag 🥂  It very nearly worked...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

    New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

    Advertising

    Coffee Forums Media Kit

    Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

     

    coffee-subscription-mini.png

    Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

     

    Donate / Sponsor

    Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

    Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

    image.png



    Coffee Forums Logo
     

×
×
  • Create New...