My current machine is giving up and I need a replacement very soon.

I am wondering if you guys expect any Black Friday deals.

I am after a Lelit Elizabeth but not sure makes sense to wait for deals.

Tx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, wave said:

Lelit Elizabeth

Amazon uk don;t seem to do the Elizabeth but they do do the Diana, Kate and Victoria, so if one of htose tickles your fancy they may be discounted in the sale but alas the Elizabeth is not to be found there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know nothing 😜

£1050 on amazon.de

£950 on lamachinadelcaffe

Unless you have a home appliances insurance I would pay £100-£200 more and buy it from UK. Of course depends on your budget. 

• Like 1

Lelit Elizabeth V3 | Niche Zero | Osmio Zero | Kinu M47 V3 | VST Ridgeless 18gr & 22gr  | 2X 64oz Airscapes & a CoffeeVac

16 hours ago, wave said:

I am after a Lelit Elizabeth but not sure makes sense to wait for deals.

As other have said, Black Friday is first and foremost a marketing thing. No one wants to sell for less if they can sell for more, so real discounts are quite rare.

If they can sell for less on Black Friday, someone will probably offer it for less at other times, and savvy shoppers would find those deals. Many 'deals' are just the normal marketing stuff, like reducing from a price which is too high to begin with, shifting old stock etc.

A new machine like Lelit Elizabeth, which is highly sought after and often out of stock, isn't a likely candidate for real BF deals. More specifically, Bella Barista's Black Friday slogan last year was a big banner on their front page reading "We don't do Black Friday".  

• Like 1

if you want to track amazon prices

then 3camels is helpful.

for example, here are the results when putting in 'lelit'

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/search?q=lelit&si=All&sp=Price%3AHighToLow

you can look at individual products and see the chart for price ranges (max low etc)

of course, spending with a friendly independent coffee retailer would be my preference overall

Edited by matted
  • Like 1

feld2 with v60, aeropress, chemex.  aergrind and retro green cafelat robot barista. gone: borked sage DTP

thanks all for your comments. It does not look very promising. 

@Crin, thanks for that. Is a good discount but I have been put a bit off by the comments on Sage reliability and their complexity to be fixed. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, wave said:

thanks all for your comments. It does not look very promising. 

@Crin, thanks for that. Is a good discount but I have been put a bit off by the comments on Sage reliability and their complexity to be fixed. 

Sage reliability is really only an issue after the 2 year warranty and then only a potential issue. Is it more of an issue than with any other brand? There is a UK based repair agent, a growing community of DIY repairers and knowledge base. Not sure they are anymore complex than the equivalent spec machine from any other manufacturers. 

56 minutes ago, HDAV said:

Sage reliability is really only an issue after the 2 year warranty and then only a potential issue. Is it more of an issue than with any other brand? There is a UK based repair agent, a growing community of DIY repairers and knowledge base. Not sure they are anymore complex than the equivalent spec machine from any other manufacturers. 

Fair point but I hope my machine lasts many years, well beyond two. In any case it is a good deal so I will think about it.

On 17/11/2020 at 16:31, HDAV said:

My Sage BE died (under three years old) and was well looked after. I asked for advice here and on a FB Sage owners page about repair and frankly got nowhere. The spare parts are not made available by Sage. All v frustrating.  It's still in the garage so if you know any good resources I'd be interested to hear about them! 

1 hour ago, stingray said:

It's still in the garage so if you know any good resources I'd be interested to hear about them! 

See now there a whole pile of parts right there...what’s the issue? While sage won’t retail spares many of them will be available as generic parts and components some components pcbs etc will be specific.

coffee classics are the authorised repairer and have the parts and documentation but will charge what they decide is profitable/achievable. Doesn’t mean they are the only option but small appliance repairers are less and less common  

Edited by HDAV