Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi

Ive almost decided that I want to buy a Mignon Perfetto, because I like the adjustability and I’m not chasing or obsessing with 100% ideal-scenario espresso.

I was wondering if they are upgradable in the same fashion that some Baratzas are: using burrs from other models. In order words: could the Specialita burrs be fitted to the Perfetto with the relevant parts?

1998 Gaggia Classic + 2020 MoccaMaster KBGT + 2020 Eureka Mignon v3 Perfetto

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @javmc

I was lurking the forum and then I saw your post! 

I have got in contact with Eureka asking the same question and they told me that unfortunately it's not possible to install Specialita' burrs into the Perfetto. Not sure how to properly translate it from italian, but they told me that the 'grinding chambers' of the two machines are different and the bigger burrs wouldn't fit.

 

I also own the Perfetto and in terms of upgrade there is not much to be honest. Hoppers, grounds catch bin and maybe some 3d printed modifications (i.e. for single dosing).

Concerning the machine, I like it a lot but haven't tested it with espresso yet (hopefully new machine by eom). For V60 and moka I am quite happy, but i guess less 'precision' is needed there. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, FrancescoS said:

Hi @javmc

I was lurking the forum and then I saw your post! 

I have got in contact with Eureka asking the same question and they told me that unfortunately it's not possible to install Specialita' burrs into the Perfetto. Not sure how to properly translate it from italian, but they told me that the 'grinding chambers' of the two machines are different and the bigger burrs wouldn't fit.

 

I also own the Perfetto and in terms of upgrade there is not much to be honest. Hoppers, grounds catch bin and maybe some 3d printed modifications (i.e. for single dosing).

Concerning the machine, I like it a lot but haven't tested it with espresso yet (hopefully new machine by eom). For V60 and moka I am quite happy, but i guess less 'precision' is needed there. 

Hi @FrancescoS, thanks for letting me know. It's a bit of a downer, but I was sort of expecting it. To be honest. for me it's not an issue and I prefer the ease of adjustment. I got the Perfetto because it fits the purpose that I'm after and I'm sure it'll deliver years of wonderful coffee. I'm planning on doing the single dosing mod, as that's how I'll use it.

1998 Gaggia Classic + 2020 MoccaMaster KBGT + 2020 Eureka Mignon v3 Perfetto

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, javmc said:

Hi @FrancescoS, thanks for letting me know. It's a bit of a downer, but I was sort of expecting it. To be honest. for me it's not an issue and I prefer the ease of adjustment. I got the Perfetto because it fits the purpose that I'm after and I'm sure it'll deliver years of wonderful coffee. I'm planning on doing the single dosing mod, as that's how I'll use it.

Great!
Out of curiosity, where are you buying the single dosing mod from? Or are you going to 3d-print it yourself? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FrancescoS said:

Great!
Out of curiosity, where are you buying the single dosing mod from? Or are you going to 3d-print it yourself? 

I'll 3D print it myself, more than likely.

1998 Gaggia Classic + 2020 MoccaMaster KBGT + 2020 Eureka Mignon v3 Perfetto

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

    New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

    Advertising

    Coffee Forums Media Kit

    Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

     

    coffee-subscription-mini.png

    Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

     

    Donate / Sponsor

    Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

    Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

    image.png



    Coffee Forums Logo
     

×
×
  • Create New...