Thought I would share this Major I acquired for not much (error with the listing price and too far/expensive to return!) back in May.

Dithered forever and a day on what to do with it - it had been neglected in a north London restaurant and was clogged and chipped but in solid working order.

Finally settled on a colour (Harley Davidson Chrome Yellow from Kustom Canz) and then, having modified a fudge funnel and had a friend turn a wooden lid, gave in to the Daniel Wong kit which seems so slick. Still want to replace the drab black electrical flex, but otherwise we are good to go - new titanium burrs and this baby should still be going strong when I am pushing up daisies!

Now I just have to remind myself how to dial it in! And sell a fudge funnel and backing plate - all pre-cut and looking for a new home!

516053BC-9698-45E8-A05D-76CEBEAEF915.jpeg

863303EB-C5A7-488A-85F4-F6FBC1524B52.jpeg

• Like 14
20 hours ago, d_leonit said:

Nice modification. i did similar to my ex major but in black color. Do you have more aggressive 151B type of burrs?

I forget - seemingly titanium (coated at least!), bought off eBay - think those are the ones. 

On 15/11/2020 at 22:13, Ben Mc said:

Thought I would share this Major I acquired for not much (error with the listing price and too far/expensive to return!) back in May.

Dithered forever and a day on what to do with it - it had been neglected in a north London restaurant and was clogged and chipped but in solid working order.

Finally settled on a colour (Harley Davidson Chrome Yellow from Kustom Canz) and then, having modified a fudge funnel and had a friend turn a wooden lid, gave in to the Daniel Wong kit which seems so slick. Still want to replace the drab black electrical flex, but otherwise we are good to go - new titanium burrs and this baby should still be going strong when I am pushing up daisies!

Now I just have to remind myself how to dial it in! And sell a fudge funnel and backing plate - all pre-cut and looking for a new home!

516053BC-9698-45E8-A05D-76CEBEAEF915.jpeg

863303EB-C5A7-488A-85F4-F6FBC1524B52.jpeg

9E9D1980-265B-4944-80E1-ED8F0B82B68E.jpeg

824FAF82-CF46-438A-9ABC-6795824063F7.jpeg

• Like 1

This is gorgeous! I keep meaning to get someone to sort my super jolly out, but it's quite happy in its scruff state 🤣

• Thanks 1

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> Fracino Cherub—> La Pav Europiccola:

:Mazzer SuperJolly:

:Hario V60+aeropress:

2 hours ago, Missy said:

This is gorgeous! I keep meaning to get someone to sort my super jolly out, but it's quite happy in its scruff state 🤣

Where have you been hiding, not seen you on the forum for some time ?

3 minutes ago, El carajillo said:

Where have you been hiding, not seen you on the forum for some time ?

Exhaustingly busy at work; so I've been AWOL, (forever it seems!) with Dog and Hat keeping me busy with coffee! 

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> Fracino Cherub—> La Pav Europiccola:

:Mazzer SuperJolly:

:Hario V60+aeropress:

2 hours ago, Missy said:

I think it’s a double-edged sword to be honest. I am now living in fear of chipping it - there’s something comforting about lives-in equipment! I think I just went for it as the grinder had been very unloved with grinds welded to the burrs etc, and once I had started, momentum (and photos of other projects!) took over! It has left me grinderless for some time...and every time I consider it finished, I decide to buy a new switch or feet or power cable etc!

10 hours ago, Zeak said:

That yellow is so rich, love it! Great job.

I had gone from wanting matte black, to chrome, to copper, to pearlescent deep brown but glad to have settled on the yellow. It really brightens up the kitchen (and given how much counter space I have stolen, that’s a very good thing!). Kustom Kans (Harley Davidson Chrome Yellow) I think with a basic filler primer beneath and clear top coat - the paint wasn’t cheap, but I am thrilled with the result!