IGNORED

Crown & Canvas - Honduras - Maria Genoveva

Currently, I'm really enjoying Honduras Maria Genoveva beans from @Crownandcanvas as an Aeropress.

I'd like to give a big public thank you to Jake at Crown & Canvas for his help with the Aeropress recipe, as, initially, I found it difficult to hit the tasting notes. I emailed him during a weekend and he responded on the Monday morning. Jake didn't have an Aeropress recipe at hand for the Maria Genoveva beans, but said that he would have a 'play' in the Roastery. On the Tuesday evening, he emailed his recipe to me. The responsiveness and personal service from Crown and Canvas is applauded.

Using Jake's recipe, I, now, get the delicious sweetness of pineapple and peach. I've also found that after a 2-3 week rest, I'm getting some prominent watermelon notes.

In case anyone else would like to try the Maria Genoveva beans as an Aeropress, I'd like to share Jake's recipe:

Grind - Finer end of Medium fine, similar to coarse salt.

Aeropress Method - Inverted

Dose / Water - 16g and 200g of water just off the boil.

Instructions - Let it brew for 2 minutes and then plunge over a 30 second period - total brew time 2:30 minutes.

When cooled slightly, you should get bright pineapple / lemon acidity. Enjoy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the tip @shazza - I find a long steep (10mins+) really brings out the best flavours in an aeropress brew 😋

I have a kg of this and the Brazilian coming shortly - thanks for your rec @jaffro 

£21 a kg for an 87+ score bean is excellent value and that's before the forum discount! 

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Stu Beck said:

£21 a kg for an 87+ score bean is excellent value and that's before the forum discount! 

Couldn't agree with this more - it's a total bargain. When I've got through my stocks I'll likely try some others from Crown & Canvas their washed Ethiopian sounds awesome. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Stu Beck said:

I find a long steep (10mins+) really brings out the best flavours in an aeropress brew 😋

Wow! The tasting notes are so much more pronounced with a long steep. I did a 14g dose / 240ml water for 20 minutes. I anticipated bitterness, but was pleasantly surprised with only sweet flavours. I'll definitely be doing this again. Thanks @Stu Beck.

• Like 1

Regular members will know I've been a supporter of C&C from the early days. This is partly because I wanted to support a new roaster but also because Jake's service is as brilliant at Shazza described. He really goes the extra mile. 

I tried the Guatemalan Red today for the first time and wow, another beautiful coffee. Tasting notes were spot on. Raspberries and chocolate. I thought I may have got a bit of toasted almond too. Superb stuff and as you guys have pointed out, probably as good as value as anything out there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
15 hours ago, shazza said:

Wow! The tasting notes are so much more pronounced with a long steep. I did a 14g dose / 240ml water for 20 minutes. I anticipated bitterness, but was pleasantly surprised with only sweet flavours. I'll definitely be doing this again. Thanks @Stu Beck.

Okay, this is definitely something I need to try!  

@RapidGlad you're enjoying the Guatemala! Its a certain favourite of mine since we started!

• Like 2

www.crownandcanvas.co.uk  // Staffordshire - UK

Banner.png

On 15/11/2020 at 21:01, Rapid said:

I tried the Guatemalan Red today for the first time and wow, another beautiful coffee. Tasting notes were spot on. Raspberries and chocolate.

Thank-you for this info - have snaffled a little taster bag for myself ( had to get more chai anyway) I am not a fruit coffee sort of person but chocolate and raspberry - that I can do!😺

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Stu Beck said:

@Crownandcanvas thanks Jake these are lovely 👍

Made a couple of light and juicy brews so far, glad I've got a nice big bag 😁

Thats great @Stu BeckI'm glad you're enjoying it, Juicy is a great word for the Honduras definitely 😂

10 hours ago, Catlady101 said:

Thank-you for this info - have snaffled a little taster bag for myself ( had to get more chai anyway) I am not a fruit coffee sort of person but chocolate and raspberry - that I can do!😺

Thank you! @Catlady101  ...I can't say I'm not jealous of all these bakes you're posting about, I think I need to get my baking apron on over Christmas!

• Like 2

www.crownandcanvas.co.uk  // Staffordshire - UK

Banner.png