Niche - tell me it's worth it!

I'm in a similar situation, using a Kinu m47 Phoenix atm, only reason I'm looking at the Niche is a quicker workflow, not sure there will be much difference with the grind quality. Trying to hold out from ordering as long as I can.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not had an experience with top grinders, but I am assuming that at the higher end the differences become smaller and smaller (and they can also be in things other than cup quality). At some point the

Forgot no retention? I used to pick the MC2 after each grind, tilt it forward and bang it on the worktop/grind cup to try and get some of the ground out, then get the vacuum cleaner to the spout to ho

It will make you unique, just like the rest of us. 😉

I got a Niche a while ago, and really like it.  I previously used a Eureka Zenith 65E, which has a hopper, and the efficiency of single-dosing is amazing.  No more flushing the chute whenever I tweak the grind settings; no more wondering if I've got a mixture of grinds in the basket.  The peace of mind alone, not to mention not wasting beans, is worth it.  I haven't used other single-dosers (other than a hand grinder I guess), but it's fantastic.  And quiet!

The Zenith is still hard at work, next to the kettle for aeropress usage.  That's pretty ideal for it, I tweak it much less for aeropress and we use it several times each day so the hopper works well.

Espresso: QuickMill Vetrano 2B, Niche Zero, Pergtamp, VST 18g basket, Brewista scales

Pourover: Hario V60 number 2, MBK Feldgrind, Acaia Lunar scales

Aeropress: Eureka Zenith 65e, Sage smart kettle

I got a Niche a while ago, and really like it.  I previously used a Eureka Zenith 65E, which has a hopper, and the efficiency of single-dosing is amazing.  No more flushing the chute whenever I tweak the grind settings; no more wondering if I've got a mixture of grinds in the basket.  The peace of mind alone, not to mention not wasting beans, is worth it.  I haven't used other single-dosers (other than a hand grinder I guess), but it's fantastic.  And quiet!
The Zenith is still hard at work, next to the kettle for aeropress usage.  That's pretty ideal for it, I tweak it much less for aeropress and we use it several times each day so the hopper works well.
I know, but I was asking how is it compared with the JX Pro

Sent from my ALP-L09 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, profesor_historia said:

I know, but I was asking how is it compared with the JX Pro

I guess I was answering the original question, apols if it caused confusion.

To yours, though, the closest I've got is the Made By Knock Feldgrind, which I do really like, but it's more of a travel grinder.  I used to use it more before I had the NZ, mostly to avoid flushing the Zenith so much when switching between espresso and V60, but I use the NZ for that now.  I also like being able to do other stuff (tare the scales, prep whatever the next step is) whilst the grinder is running.  It's a small thing, but it works.  Also I broke my shoulder a couple of years back, and although it's fully healed, it did make me appreciate electric motors on things like grinders and screwdrivers whilst my arm was in a sling...

• Like 1

Espresso: QuickMill Vetrano 2B, Niche Zero, Pergtamp, VST 18g basket, Brewista scales

Pourover: Hario V60 number 2, MBK Feldgrind, Acaia Lunar scales

Aeropress: Eureka Zenith 65e, Sage smart kettle