IGNORED

Coffee Box

Had a look on their twitter. Seems lots of people questioning them about their orders, although they do seem to get back in contact with them eventually. They seem a bit like a middle man or reseller only which would be fine if their service was top notch I guess.

I was going to leave it at that but.....as you guys seem to be struggling:

On 24/09/2020 at 11:56, Rapid said:

I'm pretty fuming with my grinder situation. I've just heard back from the company I ordered it from after chasing them up. Turns out that their website advertising it as in stock was blatantly lying and consequently I'm having to wait an extra week. In the meantime I sold my current/past grinder to a member. This poor service shouldn't resulting in them having to wait so I posted it promptly and I'll have to drink B2C through gritted teeth for a week. I should have paid a bit more and gone to Black Cat! 

I only really drink V60's now days, so the only essential thing I need is a grinder.

It seems time to name and shame these cowboys as coffee-box. Full Story:

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/topic/1872-whats-in-your-cup-this-morning/page/309/#comments

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/topic/1872-whats-in-your-cup-this-morning/page/310/#comments

I should tag @Blue_Cafefor the big reveal! 

It took almost 2 weeks to get my grinder. Extremely poor. After questioning them on the stock situation, it turned out that it wasn't a fault on their system but a conscious decision to advertise things as in stock when they weren't, due to 'usually being able to get them in quickly'. After further complaining, they did eventually show my grinder as out of stock (about a week after I ordered....). It seems old habits die hard. 

Edited by Rapid
10 hours ago, Rapid said:

I was going to leave it at that but.....as you guys seem to be struggling:

It seems time to name and shame these cowboys as coffee-box. Full Story:

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/topic/1872-whats-in-your-cup-this-morning/page/309/#comments

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/topic/1872-whats-in-your-cup-this-morning/page/310/#comments

I should tag @Blue_Cafefor the big reveal! 

It took almost 2 weeks to get my grinder. Extremely poor. After questioning them on the stock situation, it turned out that it wasn't a fault on their system but a conscious decision to advertise things as in stock when they weren't, due to 'usually being able to get them in quickly'. After further complaining, they did eventually show my grinder as out of stock (about a week after I ordered....). It seems old habits die hard. 

oh i wish you'd posted that before i ordered... i wouldnt have given them the time of day.

too late now.

i only ordered a couple of loveramic cups and a nice milk pitcher. and i only used them as they had all of everything in stock (from your story i now know why...) which meant free delivery and stuff only coming from one place.

12 minutes ago, Geordie888 said:

I ordered my Comandante on Sunday and then read the reviews. I expected issues, but it arrived Tuesday. Comms weren't great at all. But I did get it and it was well packaged. 

Did you get a dispatch notice?

Edited by spasypaddy
4 minutes ago, spasypaddy said:

oh i wish you'd posted that before i ordered... i wouldnt have given them the time of day.

too late now.

Sorry about that. I'm always hesitant to leave bad reviews in case it was just a one off. When I saw your thread I realised it's a recurring theme that needs to be outed. 

• Thanks 1

after 2 emails, a moan on twitter and then facebook i finally got a response. they have now decided a supplier let them down and i had the option of a refund or waiting for them to decide when the items would eventually come in. so i took that (also opened a paypal dispute as i dont trust them) and went and bought the items i wanted direct from the suppliers which has cost me more but at least i feel more comfortable now.

i believe since i did all of this they have issued my refund so i will be closing the dispute.

if they say its in stock, its not, it might be in stock with their supplier but they wont check until youve ordered and at that point youre lucky if you get your items. but at least ive got my refund pending.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, spasypaddy said:

after 2 emails, a moan on twitter and then facebook i finally got a response. they have now decided a supplier let them down and i had the option of a refund or waiting for them to decide when the items would eventually come in. so i took that (also opened a paypal dispute as i dont trust them) and went and bought the items i wanted direct from the suppliers which has cost me more but at least i feel more comfortable now.

i believe since i did all of this they have issued my refund so i will be closing the dispute.

if they say its in stock, its not, it might be in stock with their supplier but they wont check until youve ordered and at that point youre lucky if you get your items. but at least ive got my refund pending.

This is very poor form. As I said, I was hopeful they may have learned from their mistakes but this is obviously just how they operate. It's bordering on trading standards territory really, lying about having things in stock. They're going to get themselves a terrible reputation doing business like this and it's hard to come back from that. 

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

Alas, I also have fallen foul of Coffee Box. (Ordered a Motta milk jug without doing due diligence).

Poor comms. No phone number. Vague promises to reply to emails within 48 hours.

Money taken but product not in stock. Refund offered but yet to arrive in my PayPal account.

How do they survive?

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo