IGNORED

Smart plugs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QZJ5JDL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_BAVPFbCSMFAZG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I have these since July last year haven't had a single problem. They don't support 5ghz though. 
Ah, the Tuya offering. Glad they're working out for you. Personally I've found that ecosystem to be a bit hit and miss. Not sure I'd plug anything I actually cared about into one, and having an ampere rating above that allowable by a BS rated plug is... interesting, to say the least!

I bought some cheaper ones from Amazon, control allsorts in the house and they have been faultless.

You can even set your smart plugs to come on at significant moments, if this then that... So for example, if my alarm goes off, set the coffee machine to turn on. That way no matter what the time, even if it is different each day, it's ready for you.

I've got really lazy with a new born, I say the baby's name to Google and"she" turns the baby's bottle warmer on, sets me a 4 minute timer and turns the nursery light on for a nappy change all in that one command... Absolutely genius at 2 am, just like now!

So, in short I think things probably have come a long way, they certainly have in the few years I've had Google home...

If only I could get her to read coffee forums most recent topics to me....hmmmmm [emoji23]

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

Lol, hadn't even thought of putting my machine on one of those plugs, I've only used them for the Christmas lights the last years. The TP Link plugs worked fine for me, I'll hook my machine up tomorrow. 
Haha, here whichever set has most recently fallen out of favour gets Christmas lights duty. I have a bunch of Energenie ones that work over RF and only fire 80% of the time...

I've got really lazy with a new born, I say the baby's name to Google and "she" turns the baby's bottle warmer on,

You called your baby Alexa? [emoji1]

Joking aside, I do know a young man called Siri. I think his parents beat Apple to it. In hindsight I bet he hates it now, people must constantly be asking him for stuff and laughing, poor lad.

1 hour ago, Akp said:

Just noticed this on hotukdeals. May help someone out:

BG Electrical Smart Power Socket, Alexa Compatible Double 13 Amp, White Moulded

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/bg-electrical-smart-power-socket-alexa-compatible-double-13-amp-white-moulded-ps1104-primeps449-non-prime-at-amazon-uk-3583084

Wow, super deal that! I paid double just 2 month ago and still think it was an excellent buy. Since then saw it went down 30% at Screwfix. This deal is even better, and the product is ace.

On 07/11/2020 at 19:02, DavecUK said:

I'm speechless.....

ive gone one step further... i have a smart kettle...

https://www.myappkettle.com/product-page/appkettle

i bought a cheap plug last week to measure output, but it wont connect with smartthings so needs to go back. if it doesnt go into smartthings it doesnt stay on my network (kettle withstanding).

my latest idea which i stole from somewhere else is to have an energy monitoring plug on our washing machine so when its finished alexa announces that the washing is done.

• Like 1

After reading this discussion I have decided that I certainly need a smart plug in my life. All done, connected and so far working very nicely. Just making my other methods of making coffee redundant, I have only used them because Silvia was not ready in the morning. I will probably play with pour over only on weekends now.

• 3 weeks later...

Well these Meross things knock the Belkin into a cocked hat. And for a fraction of the price.

Apart from anything else, setup works. Quickly, every time. With Belkin every step ran the high risk of requiring a 5 minute wait or the thing just falling over completely.

Bring on the Christmas lights....

Now what else can I plug in?

Edited by LukeT
Well these Meross things knock the Belkin into a cocked hat. And for a fraction of the price.
Apart from anything else, setup works. Quickly, every time. With Belkin every step ran the high risk of requiring a 5 minute wait or the thing just falling over completely.
Bring on the Christmas lights....
Now what else can I plug in?
I have a few lamps plugged into Meross so that when we go away (used to go away) I can do the timer lights from my phone when we arrived at our destination = one less thing to worry about when you're packing the car and getting the kid(s) ready.

Christmas lights! Thank you all. Been wondering what to do with our Amazon smart plug now it's not running the cherub. (I don't trust a smart plug with the la pav, not sure what would happen if it switched on and was empty!)

• Like 1