IGNORED

Was this out of order?

Wow, such a shame as this company has been heavily pushed on here and many members have purchased the osmio zero on the back of this. My question is should we still be backing that product based on the above information, kinda feels wrong.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coffeechap said:

Wow, such a shame as this company has been heavily pushed on here and many members have purchased the osmio zero on the back of this. My question is should we still be backing that product based on the above information, kinda feels wrong.

2 hours ago, TomHughes said:

Osmio make great RO machines, get one, with the forum discount.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Hi Tom,

Thanks for bringing the discussion to everyone's attention. I have been contacting Doctor's from our database and as I mentioned to introduce molecular hydrogen. The reason is, as I told you, we are sponsoring 5 degrees with Oxford Brookes University to study Hydroxy Gas and we are looking to GIVE and not sell the machines for clinical research. So I was calling to see if you would be interested in that. It's totally cool if you aren't but we neither selling anything to you nor provide any form of oil!

I have not contacted anyone else in the coffee forum, because this has nothing to do with coffee and I have since COVID been contacting academics, registered MDs, DoH, everyone that we can to raise awareness. 

Some short background. SARS COV1 was discovered in 2003 by Dr Nanshan Zhong, who quickly pulled together and conducted clinical trials for a mixed hydrogen gas to treat COVID-19. He is the world leading authority on SARS and treatment strategy as presented to the European Respiratory Society

https://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/11910?utm_source=WSPC+Newsletter+Opt-in&utm_campaign=daa84b589e-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_10_30_08_29&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d565f76352-daa84b589e-115077734

Further COVID-19 Hydroxy References:

http://downloads.hindawi.com/journals/omcl/2020/8384742.pdf

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32642277/

More close to home from University of Bristol recently:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/342359903_An_Overview_of_SARS-CoV-2_COVID-19_Infection_and_the_Importance_of_Molecular_Hydrogen_as_an_Adjunctive_Therapy

Even more close to home was a customer Doug, who uses it for arthritis, wife Sue became very ill with COVID symptoms and she asked him to call an ambulance and he had luckily got the machine 3 days before and she got on it and had very very same result that the trials show in China (and now in South Korea too).

Water is H2O. It is a bond between the most powerful oxidiser (o) and the most powerful reducer (h2). To reduce inflammation and oxidative stress, hydrogen double bonded is the greatest reducer, as a selective anti oxidant, the foundation of all molecules, as hydrogen forms helium through quantum tunnelling. 

Here is paper in the Royal College of Surgeons Journal by the world leading heart surgeon, Dr. Stephen Westaby - it shows a picture of the Osmio Infinity.

https://publishing.rcseng.ac.uk/doi/full/10.1308/rcsbull.2020.108?dm_i=4D4N%2CTZB3%2C117VYL%2C3N26E%2C1&

I understand your concerns, there are a bunch of dodgy outfits out there. I assure you and everyone out there, we are not this. We are an open source company and advancing products for the benefit of humanity, our environment and nature. We are a UK company, thats pays UK tax and employs UK people and we are using our profits to study hydrogen to benefit everyone and improve our products and service continually. As for deuterium depletion, you can search yourself for the clinical trials. Good luck with your research should you choose to explore it.

Best wishes, stay safe and I wish you all the best, universally preferable outcomes for all!

Mark

PS - I won't be responding to any further posts here but available if you would like to message me. We have alot of work to do!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mark, 

Thank you for your response. It had made me even more certain I did the right thing in posting this here and reporting your company. 

I'll note that in the Bristol paper the authors said

"Therefore, in the light of this unprecedented global pandemic, it would be prudent to further investigate the effect of molecular hydrogen, not only for the immediate threat of viral contagion, but also for other inflammatory respiratory conditions such as pneumonia, asthma, COPD and cystic fibrosis"

Further investigate, clinical trials.

NOT 

Go buy a system that we don't know is safe for home use. 

See the difference???

• Like 4

fwiw I'm a (practising) lung doctor, and this company's implied claims are indeed wildly irresponsible - a great many potential treatments reach this level of "potential efficacy" on very early assessment / anecdote, and only a tiny minority end up being genuinely effective, and some are harmful.

the implied and explicit communication here is fully into the snake oil territory

i am not in the market for an RO machine, but if I was i would certianly not want to give my money to a company acting in this way

the coffee enema suggestion is currently a much better bet...

• Like 9

Thanks Tom,

I am really grateful for you posting this. Also coming at this from a scientific/medical perspective I have been considering writing a post for over the past week or two called something like 'We have to talk about Osmio".

In considering their reverse osmosis machine (that is well regarded on the forum due to the convenience of a counter top form factor) I became aware of the sheer quackery of some of the products on their website (double helix water anyone??) that have more in common with magic than basic science. Also the supposed scientific credentials and medical claims don’t seem to me to stand up to any proper scrutiny.

Then I was frankly appalled to see their social media stuff. Much of this is depressingly widespread but rarely from a company account.

It has made me pause to consider- is this a company that I should support???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
3 hours ago, TomR said:

...i am not in the market for an RO machine, but if I was i would certianly not want to give my money to a company acting in this way...

+1 ☝️

• Like 1

“Rincewind wasn't used to people being pleased to see him. It was unnatural, and boded no good. These people were not only cheering, they were throwing flowers and hats. The hats were made out of stone, but the thought was there.”

Good to see some other medical opinions on this thread, I suppose we just have to be cautious over the things that we try, without a solid scientific tried and tested grounding. I for one would love to see a product that genuinely helps folk in These trying times. 

The use of data to make contact in the belief someone is within the field is just not ethical, will be interested to see how legal this is?

Edited by coffeechap
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, The Systemic Kid said:

Doesn’t really answer my question, I suppose what I meant was IF information is being farmed and used inappropriately, is that a company that should get our custom (regardless of their sponsor status or how the product was promoted from within this forum)? 

• Like 1

I've always thought a lot of the stuff was pseudo-scientific sounding crap. The hydrogen water, the "silver impregnated biologically available magnesium and calcium remineralisation ceramic balls", and now this new stuff. I've come close to calling it out but never bothered to research it to the extent I'd feel comfortable doing so. Now I'm fairly confident in saying the "biologically available Magnesium and Calcium bonded to carbon and impregnated with silver 'ceramic' balls" are......[drum roll] Magnesium and Calcium Carbonate balls. The same thing that contributes the majority of calcium and magnesium to pretty much all water. It may have silver in it as some kind of anti-bacterial measure. Woo and Voodoo springs to mind. 

The ideas perpetuated on their Instagram are misleading and damaging e.g. the face mask blood Oxygen claim apparently testing N95 style respirators (which people have specifically been told not to use) and making a 'slippery slope' fallacious argument. If only such 'critical thinkers' could think critically about their own ability to assess information in front of them. The internet is a great thing but when people who have no frame of reference get their hands on non-peer reviewed medical publications they can jump to a whole lot of premature conclusions without any actual expertise.

• Like 2

I think this is a really interesting topic...not so much the coffee related component, so this feels like a strange place to post on it. Looked at objectively, medicine is not entirely free of commercial drivers behind it's undoubted scientific progress. When I was a younger researcher in a blatantly commercially oriented industry, which nonetheless had completely banned gifts of any substantive value, I was surprised (to say the least) when some siblings who were senior psychiatric consultants received grants from pharma companies to attend conferences in plush hotels at very nice venues. There was no question of impropriety, but the bigger question was well and truly left hanging (did someone mention OxyContin?). So the idea that one side is 'clean', while the guy flogging the boxes is a charlatan doesn't sit very well - at least as a general principle (I would not be in a position to judge in this specific case). In fact, if I were to take a devil's advocate position here, there is some evidence that ECMO with hydrogen provides benefits, even if the jury is still out. A supplier of these machines would be in dereliction of duty to not investigate that market to be able to ramp up production as and when needed. If they profit from it, well, that's the system we live in - for better or worse. 

Some of the promo material quoted did have the undoubted ring of snake oil (I wonder how Dr Zhong feels about the judicial edits to his presentation), so I think that Osmio certainly should improve it's methods and perhaps hire someone who can deal with the medical side a bit better, but, and maybe I just like to see the good in things, there is at least a case for trying to push their wares, no? 

6 minutes ago, earthflattener said:

Some of the promo material quoted did have the undoubted ring of snake oil (I wonder how Dr Zhong feels about the judicial edits to his presentation), so I think that Osmio certainly should improve it's methods and perhaps hire someone who can deal with the medical side a bit better, but, and maybe I just like to see the good in things, there is at least a case for trying to push their wares, no? 

Sure but with unproven, potentially dangerous 'treatments' people should be made aware of this not given a one-side sales pitch. There's potentially an argument that it shouldn't be made available to the public at this stage. Clinical trials are something else.