IGNORED

LOCKDOWN 2--The Virus Strikes Back

Well there you have, straight from the horses mouth....just peachy....lost for bleedin words !!

“Rincewind wasn't used to people being pleased to see him. It was unnatural, and boded no good. These people were not only cheering, they were throwing flowers and hats. The hats were made out of stone, but the thought was there.”

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Home school... 🤣 addition, subtraction, volume, critical thinking... 

It is quite simple. If more people followed the rules more closely, as opposed to deciding that they just have to drive into Wales to go hill walking......if all the attendees at the French Rave decid

And equally, those who follow the rules will always end up paying the price for those who don’t. And those who don’t, most of the time keep doing so because they know there’s unlikely to be consequenc

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Feeling optimistic......there may be a light at the end of the tunnel and no it's not a train coming the other way lol....

90% is better than a kick in the dick 😎

my conspiracy theorist neighbor won't be happy.

“Rincewind wasn't used to people being pleased to see him. It was unnatural, and boded no good. These people were not only cheering, they were throwing flowers and hats. The hats were made out of stone, but the thought was there.”

• 1 month later...

LOCKDOWN 3--The Return Of The Virus.

Chin up peeps...it could be worse :classic_rolleyes:

Hoping it won’t be a quadrilogy at  this point...

Boris must have gone to the same project planning seminars my old work management did, two disclaimers in one sentence when setting an aggressive date “if it all goes to plan..., with a fair wind...” 🙄

Oh well, guess it’s more WFH and no indoor climbing for a fair while yet.

Edit: Possibly a bit flippant in tone, a very serious situation and we will obviously be following the rules to help the NHS not get overwhelmed.

Edited by Northern_Monkey
  • Like 1

It is quite simple. If more people followed the rules more closely, as opposed to deciding that they just have to drive into Wales to go hill walking......if all the attendees at the French Rave decided to grow up and stop being delinquents.......I could go on and on. Those of us who follow the rules will always follow th rules, but there are far too many who simply think they know better

• Like 11

The advantage of being a Silver member....

Follow me on Instagram  https://www.instagram.com/dfkidd

27 minutes ago, dfk41 said:

It is quite simple. If more people followed the rules more closely, as opposed to deciding that they just have to drive into Wales to go hill walking......if all the attendees at the French Rave decided to grow up and stop being delinquents.......I could go on and on. Those of us who follow the rules will always follow th rules, but there are far too many who simply think they know better

And equally, those who follow the rules will always end up paying the price for those who don’t. And those who don’t, most of the time keep doing so because they know there’s unlikely to be consequences. As an example, Just go into a supermarket: it’s scary, and alarming to see the number of people who don’t follow rules. And they do so because there’s no one there who will challenge them.

• Like 5

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

I'm afraid we are up against a certain section of the community who do not give a shit about anybody else.

There will always be the foil hat brigade who think they know better, I've always been a bit of a hippy but I know whats right and wrong.

Mother nature is missing a trick here, she could purge the earth of the idiots but she is unfortunately taking the wrong ones.

Roll on the vaccine so we can get back to a more normal life (hopefully).

• Like 5

IMG_20210105_115622.jpg

IMG_20210105_115707.jpg

• Like 13

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> Fracino Cherub—> La Pav Europiccola:

:Mazzer SuperJolly:

:Hario V60+aeropress:

10 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

And equally, those who follow the rules will always end up paying the price for those who don’t. And those who don’t, most of the time keep doing so because they know there’s unlikely to be consequences. As an example, Just go into a supermarket: it’s scary, and alarming to see the number of people who don’t follow rules. And they do so because there’s no one there who will challenge them.

Spain have a good policy...it's compulsory to wear a mask...Everyone wears them, police, public workers, shop workers  etc. No mask €100 fine, if you want to challenge that...€200 fine. 

• Like 4

obsessed with coffee, Waiting for Grinder !

11 hours ago, Missy said:

and a "cookery-lesson" with a touch of "Geography" thrown in....and...if a hand-grinder was used then it was a P.E. lesson as a bonus......excellent "seasonal" jumper BTW 😎

@Missy - Baking is chemistry and biology as well if you are stuck for ideas! 

On a slightly different note. Oh my, I didn’t know a COVID vaccine queue calculator was even a thing!

Well, looks like I shouldn’t book any foreign holidays or not be available between July and December. Until the 28-38 million people in front of me in the higher risk groups are sorted first... 😂

59907C9F-F933-48D5-BE29-BF7E4B4C00A3.jpeg

Edited by Northern_Monkey

IMO the vaccine should be renamed the "Niche Vaccine"......everybody wants it....but unfortunately you're gonna have to get in the queue to get it. :classic_wink:

12 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

and a "cookery-lesson" with a touch of "Geography" thrown in....and...if a hand-grinder was used then it was a P.E. lesson as a bonus......excellent "seasonal" jumper BTW 😎

It's still Christmas til Candlemas... 🤣. Hand grinder, there's a plan! 

• Like 1

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> Fracino Cherub—> La Pav Europiccola:

:Mazzer SuperJolly:

:Hario V60+aeropress:

Spain have a good policy...it's compulsory to wear a mask...Everyone wears them, police, public workers, shop workers  etc. No mask €100 fine, if you want to challenge that...€200 fine. 
It's true, I started to wear the mask since June, I wear it at the office, all the time when I go out for a walk, for shopping etc, I did during the very hot months of July and August....., the kids above 6 years wear it school, my son who is 6 wears it every day at the school from 9 to 14:00....I really believed it was compulsory in all Europe. Of course, the smokers don't wear it while they are smoking on the street....damn, damn habit.

The problem is the rules aren't adequate, not just that people don't follow them. There shouldn't be exemptions to the rules because people just abuse it. People with mild asthma claim they can't wear masks. The reality is pretty much everyone not requiring oxygen tanks can war masks at least temporarily. The government should allow stores to fine people for not wearing them just as they do when people are caught stealing, I'm sure that'll see them eager to enforce the rules rather than not want to upset anybody and lose customers. While people with genuine disabilities who actually can't wear a mask for 20 minutes can't be denied access to supermarkets and essential shops, there's no reason to allow access to non-essential stores; they're putting themselves and others at risk to go clothes shopping. So the exemption rules need changing to make it clear they only apply in essential retail (e.g supermarkets) or for long train journeys (where the train companies could actually have separate carriages for the vulnerable) and companies should be protected from ridiculous charges of discrimination. It sucks for the people with genuine breathing difficulties that can be exacerbated by wearing a mask but it's a matter of health & safety of everyone, the people with such conditions more than anyone. Plenty of people that are vulnerable are working in non-essential retail suffering the insufferable unmasked customers who don't even abide by the social distancing rules; these workers can have immune deficiencies or breathing difficulties themselves which make it impossible to wear a mask at work but are told they don't need to shield by the government and so must put themselves at risk for their slightly above minimum wage jobs. They can be of any age and appear healthy with conditions like COPD and Cystic Fibrosis. The safety of the workers should be prioritised over the 'rights' of those who are exempt from mask wearing rules.  

Edited by Rob1
  • Like 2

Am I right in thinking the exemption re mask wearing doesn't need the approval of a doctor? I heard at the start of mandatory mask wearing all that was needed was to print some sort of exemption and carry it, I have no idea if this was/is true or just an urban myth.

There no need to print anything. Just claim you're exempt and you can go anywhere you want without a mask. You don't need to give details or be specific. If you're denied access claim discrimination. I've no idea how successful such a claim would be legally, I imagine it would not get anywhere in court, but the threat of legal action is enough for most people who are being paid little money to stand on doors to just let people through.

"Privacy concerns" are behind the total failure of the track and trace system too. We are more concerned that our location data could be hacked than we are about preventing financial ruin and unnecessary death. It's a legitimate concern and difficult to handle really but other countries have managed it just fine with no data leaks detected so far. If people get hold of your location data they know your schedule, routine etc and could potentially know when to rob your home for example, or they could know there's a good likelihood you'll be alone at a certain location at a certain time. People targeting the data wouldn't be targeting individuals but they could sell it to somebody who is. In South Korea the government started basically reading out people's diaries on live TV "Person x was on this train at this time, they went to work here and went for lunch there at this time etc, then they went to the bar and had a few beers, went back to work, then on their way home stopped of at a love hotel for 3 hours before board this train and arriving home at x time. If you were at any of these locations at any of these times you must present for testing." They didn't give names but the sheer amount of information they gave meant it wasn't difficult for people who knew them to deduct. You can't say they haven't been successful though. 

6 hours ago, profesor_historia said:

Of course, the smokers don't wear it while they are smoking on the street....damn, damn habit.

In the UK, you are only required to wear a mask when you are indoors. You are not required to wear a mask outdoors. 

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

10 minutes ago, profesor_historia said:

Well, look at the numbers, should have been mandatory outdoors too I believe.

Of course it should, that's a sensible policy. Unless there's a urgent medical reason you can't wear a mask they should be mandatory if you step outside your front door. It's unenforcible though. There aren't enough police and there are too many people in the country either not taking the issue seriously or outright standing against measures.

• Like 3