how do I... set up my computer to load the most recent posts please

Message added by DavecUK,

I didn't want to lock it but I had to, as it has been answered...sorry.

Question

Hi,

non computer technical person here. It was recommended I raise this as a question here in case someone can help me or anyone else who has not figured this out themselves yet;

when I go to most recent news, I see something interesting, click on it, but instead of it loading that topic on the most recent page, my computer loads on page one of however many pages there might be.

Could somone please let me know if there is a setting on my browser or something so that the most recent page is loaded?

it is not a big thing, just catches me out sometime like with the maxwell peak water topic, I got ever so excited re the information for the kickstarter thing, and then it turned out that it was the first page and that was back in 2018 😄

I am sure it is simple thing, but I am clueless.

I know nothing 😜

7 answers to this question

Go to your profile and in account settings go to

image.thumb.png.5470da40f3ad3af9a0635c50d221fce0.png

Then select the option shown by the red arrow. The default appears to be  "Take me to the beginning", which is the worst option!

2128926980_contentviewbehaviour.thumb.JPG.153a6b57ba9440281168e2620b7ac5d1.JPG

Edited by DavecUK
  • Thanks 3
52 minutes ago, Catlady101 said:

I am sure it is simple thing, but I am clueless.

I think it is client side (as in something the website owners have to re-implement). I have the same issue.

Sage Barista Express.

I had asked this question a while ago, as it became “a thing” after the latest forum UI upgrade. I thought it was a bug, but, apparently, it’s a feature! Thanks for pointing this out @DavecUK - I have now adjusted my settings. 👍

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

2 hours ago, CocoLoco said:

I think it is client side (as in something the website owners have to re-implement). I have the same issue.

41 minutes ago, CocoLoco said:

Thanks for info, seems I was completely wrong!

Well I would say that you were right...ish! (in your initial wording if not your understanding)

It is "Client Side" in that "we" (the Client/User) individually have control over the setting..... rather than the "owner" (Admin etc).... Which would be "Server Side" or "Host Side".

It is possible (even likely) that "they" (Host Side/Admin) have some control over some default setting(s) - even if "we" (Client Side) can tweak locally. 

It is possible that "Server Side" (default) settings were reset (changed) as part of some "upgrade" (even that some "Server Side" reset also reset existing Client settings)

Any which way - You know how to set it yourself now........ well at least until next time!!!  

• Like 2

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff......

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

2 minutes ago, Drewster said:

Well I would say that you were right...ish! (in your initial wording if not your understanding)

It is "Client Side" in that "we" (the Client/User) individually have control over the setting..... rather than the "owner" (Admin etc).... Which would be "Server Side" or "Host Side".

It is possible (even likely) that "they" (Host Side/Admin) have some control over some default setting(s) - even if "we" (Client Side) can tweak locally. 

It is possible that "Server Side" (default) settings were reset (changed) as part of some "upgrade" (even that some "Server Side" reset also reset existing Client settings)

Any which way - You know how to set it yourself now........ well at least until next time!!!  

Yeah sorry, you're completely right of course. I had client on my mind as I've been messing around with a game client, which is a network client that connects to the game server. Was thinking client was what the company use, but of course that's our side. Confusing my terms! Thanks for rectifying.

Sage Barista Express.

8 minutes ago, Drewster said:

That’s exactly what I think happened. 

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group