Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Following on from the Aeropress instructions post, there have been some heated discussions on whether more men are ‘into’ coffee than women.

 

this isn’t about taste. This is about the whole coffee experience - the machines, the art, etc

So we are putting it to the vote. 
 

I’d you think that more men are into coffee as a hobby - please just LIKE this post. That way, we can just have a running total.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, haventadog said:

I’d you think that more men are into coffee as a hobby - please just LIKE this post...

very clever....good way of upping your score...wished i'd have thought of that lol.......FWIW i'd guestimate that this forum is "heavily" male populated/biased.

Good luck.

  • Like 1

Recipe for success :- take 1 Sage machine, 1 flame, 5 litres of petrol and mix...add more petrol if required.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Following on from the Aeropress instructions post, there have been some heated discussions on whether more men are ‘into’ coffee than women.
 
this isn’t about taste. This is about the whole coffee experience - the machines, the art, etc
So we are putting it to the vote. 
 
I’d you think that more men are into coffee as a hobby - please just LIKE this post. That way, we can just have a running total.
What if you have no strong opinion but want to somehow show that you enjoyed this post? I'm torn...
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jymbob said:
35 minutes ago, haventadog said:

 

What if you have no strong opinion but want to somehow show that you enjoyed this post? I'm torn...

I think that you could use a thanks or a laughing face. Hopefully, with a little help - I will be able to separate the two variables

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, haventadog said:

I’d you think that more men are into coffee as a hobby - please just LIKE this post. That way, we can just have a running total.

Right, so you have 1 LIKE and 6 participants in this thread, so obviously there are far more women into the coffee hobby than men. Women win!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doram said:

Right, so you have 1 LIKE and 6 participants in this thread, so obviously there are far more women into the coffee hobby than men. Women win!

Interesting. So, definitely a hobby for women then?

 

coffee 2.gif

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, haventadog said:

Interesting. So, definitely a hobby for women then?

So it seems. You have been here long enough, so must have known we are all women.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doram said:

So it seems. You have been here long enough, so must have known we are all women.

 

From a survey perspective, it's too early for such assumptions. And though a member for some period. I have no knowledge or evidence for gender.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, haventadog said:

From a survey perspective, it's too early for such assumptions. And though a member for some period. I have no knowledge or evidence for gender.

Yes, it really is a mystery, and perhaps it should stay this way? 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, haventadog said:

I don’t make bets with the devil

Not since you won that fiddle?

PS Re your "survey" - 
Of the people I know:
Several men are (sort of) into coffee (Where they are either single or I have no idea about their other 1/2 or their interest in coffee)
Several men are (sort of) into coffee (and their other 1/2 isn't)
A few men (sort of) into coffee as are their other 1/2 (ish)
I don't know any women into coffee (when their other 1/2 isn't)
I don't know many single women into coffee (or actually at all)

Obviously my sample is far from random - I certainly know many more men than women, particularly well enough to know much about their coffee habits.

Also I am more into coffee than any of my mates.
 

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff......

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drewster said:

Not since you won that fiddle?

PS Re your "survey" - 
Of the people I know:
Several men are (sort of) into coffee (Where they are either single or I have no idea about their other 1/2 or their interest in coffee)
Several men are (sort of) into coffee (and their other 1/2 isn't)
A few men (sort of) into coffee as are their other 1/2 (ish)
I don't know any women into coffee (when their other 1/2 isn't)
I don't know many single women into coffee (or actually at all)

Obviously my sample is far from random - I certainly know many more men than women, particularly well enough to know much about their coffee habits.

Also I am more into coffee than any of my mates.
 

‘ don’t know any single women into coffee ( or any at all)’

hello.

Isomac mill/Ceado c37s/ Gaggia 1425w Classic with Auber PID/LPav Pro/ Mazza Mini Electronic.

’whatever in life you love; love doing it properly ‘

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gilly said:

‘ don’t know any single women into coffee ( or any at all)’

hello.

Well hell-ooooh..... ;-) Do you come here often?
[Twists ends of waxed moustache]

Disclaimer: Entirely in jest, no iffy-ness just responding to a humorous response.

  • Like 1

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff......

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Drewster said:

Not since you won that fiddle?

PS Re your "survey" - 
Of the people I know:
Several men are (sort of) into coffee (Where they are either single or I have no idea about their other 1/2 or their interest in coffee)
Several men are (sort of) into coffee (and their other 1/2 isn't)
A few men (sort of) into coffee as are their other 1/2 (ish)
I don't know any women into coffee (when their other 1/2 isn't)
I don't know many single women into coffee (or actually at all)

Obviously my sample is far from random - I certainly know many more men than women, particularly well enough to know much about their coffee habits.

Also I am more into coffee than any of my mates.
 

I play to my own tune.

I didn't know anyone into coffee before joining the forum.

Most women I know don't share their partners interests, as their interest tend to verge on obsessional

I've known a fair few men in my time but not ones into coffee.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Drewster said:

Well hell-ooooh..... 😉 Do you come here often?
[Twists ends of waxed moustache]

Disclaimer: Entirely in jest, no iffy-ness just responding to a humorous response.

Ooh err. You sound gorgeous duck.(adjusting ash blonde tonal rinse bob)

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Drewster said:

Well hell-ooooh..... 😉 Do you come here often?
[Twists ends of waxed moustache]

Disclaimer: Entirely in jest, no iffy-ness just responding to a humorous response.

Ooh err. You sound gorgeous duck.(adjusting ash blonde tonal rinse bob)

D7DC2CAF-1DCD-4BF0-952B-687A6A245406.png

D6BA8B15-F24F-4B13-AECC-B086A366D73A.png

8C8924CA-B910-4BCC-913D-1C1193B83918.jpeg

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gilly said:

Ooh err. You sound gorgeous duck.(adjusting ash blonde tonal rinse bob)

 

 

8C8924CA-B910-4BCC-913D-1C1193B83918.jpeg

Oh my gawd... are they (my) ashes?

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff......

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/10/2020 at 20:10, Northern_Monkey said:

@haventadog - You haven’t got a bet with Dave on who can “win the day” next have you? 😂

Oh god no, she is genuinely enjoying the banter.

  • Like 2

Love life, love my wife, I’m a great guy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coffeechap said:

Oh god no, she is genuinely enjoying the banter.

More than you ever have you miserable g.......... Ooooops did I say that out loud :-(
Nothing to see here.... move along there.....

  • Like 1

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff......

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Drewster said:

More than you ever have you miserable g.......... Ooooops did I say that out loud 😞
Nothing to see here.... move along there.....

Thankyou so much I like being a miserable genius, nicest thing you have said to me In Quite some time 

  • Like 3

Love life, love my wife, I’m a great guy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

    New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

    Advertising

    Coffee Forums Media Kit

    Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

     

    coffee-subscription-mini.png

    Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

     

    Donate / Sponsor

    Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

    Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

    image.png



    Coffee Forums Logo
     

×
×
  • Create New...