The latest immersion brewer - a new level of functionality?

1 hour ago, jymbob said:

To paraphrase an xkcd comic about technical standards:

1. There are 14 ways to make coffee
2. "None of these methods suits me! Let's make a new system that will be the one true standard way to make coffee!"
3. There are 15 ways to make coffee

Or - everyones making money in coffee right now. Let's do a kickstarter for something that maight make it to a cheap shopping channel. But probably not

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, haventadog said:

I have been waiting months for a 'pebble' that helps you slow down your breathing. Waiting is doing little to slow down my breathing

I have (or technically MrsD has) a couple of sets of Ercol Pebble Tables (actual vintage ones rather than new) - not sure how they slow your breathing though.

I guess sitting at them (in an Ercol armchair)  with a coffee could be calming?....... although I'd recommend a coaster for the cup!

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff......

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

1 minute ago, Drewster said:

I have (or technically MrsD has) a couple of sets of Ercol Pebble Tables (actual vintage ones rather than new) - not sure how they slow your breathing though.

The ultimate aim is to sleep. And at £765 each I think I would pass out. this could be the answer

🛌 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, haventadog said:

The ultimate aim is to sleep. And at £765 each I think I would pass out. this could be the answer

🛌

According to MrsD Ercol answers a lot of questions.......

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff......

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Hm. Since the startup hasn't tanked after the first model I imagine there's some level of demand for stuff like that.. Personally I can't imagine going to bed with a contraption like this next to my face. Again, I'd say they're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist, but ...

With smart plugs and rapid heating tech in some Sage machines you can wake up and start brewing straightaway. Is measuring, grinding and brewing coffee in the morning such an ordeal for some that they can't dedicate 5min to it? I honestly don't get it. Even more so with tea..

Gaggia Classic '96 (OPV mod / Rancilio wand/PID) + Niche Zero

1 hour ago, Zeak said:

Is measuring, grinding and brewing coffee in the morning such an ordeal for some that they can't dedicate 5min to it? I honestly don't get it. Even more so with tea..

Nope, nor do I. I remember being so excited at procuring a teas-made back in the day (and in my day, they were still retro) until I realised that you actually had to take the teabag out, and refill it all for the next morning. Definitely more effort than gain.

• Like 4
19 hours ago, haventadog said:

I am not getting one unless it comes with someone that washes it out and refills it each morning

Hang, on don’t you already have a means of getting g a drink upon waking up 

• Like 1

Love life, love my wife, I’m a great guy!