IGNORED

New 1 group lever from ACS - Vostok 1 group

2 minutes ago, danielpugh said:

Definitely seen plenty of posts about it out in quite a few forums.  Enough to be wary till we see some real-world experiences with this machine - as @Stevebee mentions the basket may help, and maybe it is guff and people just needing to prep better - I don't know - painful way to find out when blowing that kind of money on a grinder 😉

Anyway any reports will be good to know/see someone who had both e.g. Evo leva + p100, nautilus or similar

wasn’t per se aiming my comment at anything particular on this thread but just my experience of having around on forums for a number of years and seeing people get so excited about x machine that often it gets imbued with super human properties at the start ( I have been guilty of this myself previously ) 

• Like 2

I often wonder about coffee equipment.....back in the day, I confess to having had everything going. Was my coffee any the better for it.....I seriously doubt it, so, what could it be then> The answer is COFFEEBOLLOCKS of course. This is the unapplied science, that suggests there are many topics in coffee that on paper, you cannot argue about, in theory. But, the changes they actually make to the end product are minute, even when all rolled together into a ball. Then the next problem is, are your tastebuds actually capable of detecting these microscopic changes......this is the best bit.........is it a placebo effect ie you have a top of the range machine and grinder, hand engraved milk jugs with your name on, your birth sign etched into your tamper handle, your barista towels with your name on........all this makes you think you MUST be producing a top notch cuppa.......or is the whole lot just COFFEEBOLLOCKS?

• Like 1

It is hard to be humble when you are as great as I am Muhammed Ali February 25, 1964

40 minutes ago, MW11 said:

Yep he had a hg-1 too. I think you will appreciate it more especially with the new machine 👍🏻

Yes, sir!

The Evo is to me both proven tastiness AND a pillar of repeatability. The super low speeds the HG-1 can now do,  combined the springs-defined nearly straight-line declining pressure should allow me to experiment with 2-pass grinds to get that last drop of syrup out of our medium to dark roast.

• Like 1

Listen, I just asked a tiny question regarding some burrs with this machine, nothing else. No need to justify why, or to start a 2 page off-topic about it.  I  have my believes and my findings, and I am willing to spend a lot of time in trying to find things that work for me, on my coffee, with my taste requirements.

• Like 1

Hey all, 

Currently about to pull the trigger on purchasing a machine, except I'm a bit on the fence about the aesthetics of the machine. I was hoping when I first heard about the machine that it would be indeed a Vostok 1 group machine. I found in this magazine https://thelevermag.com/pages/issue-3 that Paolo might be releasing both machines, same internals, but different casings. Does anyone know if this is true? @DavecUK @Paolo_CorteseWould you know anything about this?

Edited by gearosthyd

Vesuvius Evo Leva is made at the request of home users.

It must have modern capabilities and flexible parameters. This is why the machine has a gear pump with a set pressure between 1 and 4 bars.

This is why the machine can be used with tank/reservoir (some of us make their own water by adding minerals to Ro water) or connected to the water line.

From what I know the original vostok does not have a gear pump or the ability to set preinfusion, or the use of a tank.

So they are 2 different machines, and this topic is about the Vesuvius Evo Leva that is more capable than Vostok.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Denis S said:

From what I know the original vostok does not have a gear pump or the ability to set preinfusion, or the use of a tank.

From ACS home page, I don't think that's right. http://www.elcor.it/vostok/ The page states that it has adjustable preinfusion.

Nonetheless, I think the feature set of the Evo Leva is perfect, and I'm super excited about it, however I am really not a fan of the Vesuvius chassis. In my opinion it's the one thing that's stopping this machine from being perfect. I think that the Vostok body is quite Aesthetically pleasing.

@gearosthyd The Vesuvius case was used because with additional strengthening, it did not tip, whereas a scaled down Vostok case did not meet criteria. This is why there has never been a 1 grp Vostok, until now. @Davecuk went back a few stages as he felt the market needed a technical solution that the Vesuvius offers. 

• Like 2

It is hard to be humble when you are as great as I am Muhammed Ali February 25, 1964

3 minutes ago, gearosthyd said:

From ACS home page, I don't think that's right. http://www.elcor.it/vostok/ The page states that it has adjustable preinfusion.

Nonetheless, I think the feature set of the Evo Leva is perfect, and I'm super excited about it, however I am really not a fan of the Vesuvius chassis. In my opinion it's the one thing that's stopping this machine from being perfect. I think that the Vostok body is quite Aesthetically pleasing.

The vostok is a more commercial machine and so mainly for plumbed in.  @Holonomic and @Jony have been enticed by, and bought the two group versions.  I think the single group was being worked on, and a prototype was at a show a few years ago (can be seen in a few youtube vids), but never had an internal tank/reservoir or main production.

I think it has an optional external pump (in think @Jony got this) which presumably allows for adjustable preinfusion (as writing -  as @Denis S just posted).  i emailed him many months ago, and from his reply he basically said no on the 1-group.

you can always email @Paolo_Cortese - he can fill you in on options for all above - [email protected]

40 minutes ago, danielpugh said:

The vostok is a more commercial machine and so mainly for plumbed in.  @Holonomic and @Jony have been enticed by, and bought the two group versions.  I think the single group was being worked on, and a prototype was at a show a few years ago (can be seen in a few youtube vids), but never had an internal tank/reservoir or main production.

The one group Vostok was very large and couldn't scale down small enough for home use, and fit all the internals.

• Like 2

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

Hi,

I've been reading this from the very beginning and wanted to jump right away to pre-order the ACS Leva. However upon inquiring info on pre-order I asked about Vostok 1 as I was more aesthetically pleased with it and I was let know that it should arrive in the fall. Main differentiators are going to be dimensions, ACS Leva coming in with water tank with the option of plumb-in while Vostok 1 coming in as a plumb-in with the option of water tank while (virtually)everything else remaining the same.

FWIW I will order ACS Leva if Vostok 1 falls through and I did ask DaveC 2 months ago on Vostok 1 details on a different forum. Just wanted to share info (completely unrelated to aesthetics) re Vostok 1 since people aren't aware. Both are going to be basically the same machine..

Edited by diskox

2 hours ago, gearosthyd said:

Hey all, 

Currently about to pull the trigger on purchasing a machine, except I'm a bit on the fence about the aesthetics of the machine. I was hoping when I first heard about the machine that it would be indeed a Vostok 1 group machine. I found in this magazine https://thelevermag.com/pages/issue-3 that Paolo might be releasing both machines, same internals, but different casings. Does anyone know if this is true? @DavecUK @Paolo_CorteseWould you know anything about this?

Not heard about Vostok version. Information in the magazine contains errors too. Specs attributed to Vostok belong to the Evo Leva - double boiler etc. Leva magazine will be publishing a review of the Evo Leva in its July edition.

• Like 1

2099893675_Screenshot2021-08-18at10_18_29.png.64d72435dfb5ecf4fe98b7a7a3408e52.png

• DavecUK pinned and featured this topic