IGNORED

New 1 group lever from ACS - Vostok 1 group

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously what I can say is always a side part just because I’m a designer. The machine flex yes, the double spring pressure is 300kg vs 180 of single spring. So mechanically speaking (if we want to s

@Cuprajake It's not the industry, you would be surprised how in Italy they are all friendly with one another ECM (Michael is the same). All of them are just trying to make better machines for their cu

Talking of STILL WAITING (above), I think we really ought to acknowledge the part that our mentor @Davecuk has played in all of this. His brainchild (if I am right) was first talked about in September

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, The Systemic Kid said:

FFE61771-971F-449E-AC19-585EEBFCDDD8_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.673fbcf7a8300dcdd4dd01465bc8d317.jpeg

Open to offers Jony. 

So cruel you lot😁

Just now, Jony said:

So cruel you lot😁

It's hot pink though....will it go with your summer shorts. 😉

I don’t like – Sticks and Stones, beans that are sour, green…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until you roast them, then they scream out at you in the cooling tray, pick em out and flick them in the bin.. Lifes too short for bad coffee!

14 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Of course they do😁

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Wish it were blue... or... yellow? 🤣

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
  • Like 2

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

8 hours ago, Denis S said:

Can someone show us a flush with nothing in the grouphead? You can use a bowl to catch the water.

I will do this tomorrow. How much do you want flushed through matey?

Who needs a steering wheel......?

Does anyone have a machine with some of the different steam / water arm options - the Minima arms or the Vostok long arms?  Would be great to see some photos and perhaps a video of them in use.   I'm still yet to decide on my choice for my batch 2 machine....

Thanks.

@Elephantoplasty I have the Minima set up, with short arms. it is just a personal preference thing so there is no right or wrong on this. I rarely steam more than 300 pls of milk, perhaps if I did I would have gone for the Spiders legs approach!

Two things that really please me on this machine. Firstly, who has bought a new machine with the standard arrangement for using the top of the machine as a cup warmer and within a couple of weeks your pride and joy is scratched to hell? The Evo gets around this with a simple use of a wire mesh to sit the cups on. This means that you can use the cup warmer for its intended purpose without fear! This leads into the second thing I really like, and that is the wy to fill the water reservoir. In case you have not seen it, there is a catch built into the left hand side panel and this opens up to reveal the slimline tank, making filling it a doddle! No having to move cups and lift lids. I do not know how many times on my previous machine, that by the time I had stretched over the machine to the rear, opened the lid with the two finger pinch arrangement, only to promptly drop the lid into the reservoir! Yes, you could call me a clumsy old git and you would probably be correct, but none the less it is a fact.

Today I am moving back onto familiar territory bean wise using Extract Sugar Cane decaf, a bean that I know very well. I hope therefore to be able to tweak away, unless my memory is letting me down! It is also a pleasure looking at the coloured display panel which in standby, tells you the day and time that your machine will spring into action the next day, thus doing away with house timer plugs. I do not leave th house as much now I am retired so do not need to switch ir on remotely

• Like 2

I also like that the power switch is hidden behind that pop out panel. I've only used the power switch once on my current machine - to initially turn it on.

The wire mesh cup trays don't have showroom oomph - but I agree, if you're actually going to put cups up there, I'd rather a mesh than a scratched up designer tray as you can hardly see them anyway. Scratches don't have to be visible to affect us OCD types.

Edited by shimon
7 hours ago, dfk41 said:

I will do this tomorrow. How much do you want flushed through matey?

Only a tiny bit, like 3-5 sec and to see the water falling out of the group.

you can see what i'm looking for at 1:04 in this video (he  has the pf into the group to heat it but this is not the case):

Edited by Denis S

@Denis S Will do a little later. The chap in that video used to be a forum member and I actually bought that Bosco from him! Just remembered his name @bubbajvegas

Edited by dfk41
  • Like 2

Woo Hoo, just received my DHL despatch notification.

I was number 9 in the queue but there was a little delay in the payment going through, all sorted this morning.

Thank you Paolo.

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Norvin said:

I was number 9 in the queue but there was a little delay in the payment going through, all sorted this morning.

Thank you Paolo.

time to get excited Les......sounds like Tuesday for you! You probably will not hear much now until it is collected and received back at the DHL depot.....dont forget to pay the customs charge!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Norvin said:

Thank you Paolo.

Good to hear Les.

• Like 1

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 17.29.11.png

4 hours ago, shimon said:

I also like that the power switch is hidden behind that pop out panel. I've only used the power switch once on my current machine - to initially turn it on.

The wire mesh cup trays don't have showroom oomph - but I agree, if you're actually going to put cups up there, I'd rather a mesh than a scratched up designer tray as you can hardly see them anyway. Scratches don't have to be visible to affect us OCD types.

Hidden main power switch is good attention to detail and something, IMO, other manufacturers should emulate. Wire mesh tray is a great idea - saves having to put matting on the top of your shiny machine to prevent scratching.

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 17.29.11.png

Paulo infomed me of the price which at todays exchange rate is £2275 delivered that gives me a delivery date by end July, seems good value to me, well at least compared to other machines, maybe not my classic which ive had for 20 years and cost me £210 new!

Now, I dont want to be controversial but last night I read through the entirety of this thread. There is a clear and notable comparison to londinium and clearly some bad blood which is either with londinium the company or somebody else you all seem to know. Why does the machine keep being compared to them? are they the gold standard of lever machine for the home, they are a little expensive for me? this is an incredibly large amount of money for me and I really dont want to be caught up in a turf war where I end up buying the wrong machine because people are saying its good because they are friends with the manufacturer or trying to score points against unknown enemies. The flex issue is an example, how do I really know if its an issue, one person says it is, another person who already has the machine and has had digs at londinium says it isnt! My initial impression is its an opportunity too good to pass up but It is a worry

11 minutes ago, Ernestedmunds said:

the price which at todays exchange rate is £2275 delivered

is that value before or after custom charges (i.e.: Will you have to pay VAT and duty on top of that)? 

• Like 2

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

• DavecUK pinned and featured this topic