IGNORED

New 1 group lever from ACS - Vostok 1 group

Well I got Frankenstien, unfortunately he won't do everything the production machines will do. Lots of old bits and compromises, but I'll keep him alive for as long as I can. He is a bit ill at the moment, but still making great shots

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

4 hours ago, Eiffel said:

It might be time to auction off the collector blue Minima 🤣 

Ah theres a big box goes with it and I still may have to do tests in future. That one won't work without the big box unless I make a dongle to short some wires in the connector....but it's a test machine, stored for a future need....as are most of my other machines.

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

@DavecUK

The magazine mentions 2 machines - the Vostok and the Vesuvius Leva. The former is  dual boiler and the later is s single boiler. Are these two are now rolled into one as a dual boiler? Thx 

Edited by Like Medium Strong Coffee

“You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.” - Abraham Lincoln

15 minutes ago, Like Medium Strong Coffee said:

@DavecUK

The magazine mentions 2 machines - the Vostok and the Vesuvius Leva. The former is  dual boiler and the later is s single boiler. Are these two are now rolled into one as a dual boiler? Thx 

The latter isn't described a single boiler. It is described as being the same as to Vostok but with a 3 litre tank. A tank is a reservoir. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rob1 said:

The latter isn't described a single boiler. It is described as being the same as to Vostok but with a 3 litre tank. A tank is a reservoir. 

My bad! 

The similarities are dual boilers, PIDs and the differences are the water tank and direct connection. Does it leave the Vostok with a smaller water tank? Thx 

“You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.” - Abraham Lincoln

8 minutes ago, Like Medium Strong Coffee said:

My bad! 

The similarities are dual boilers, PIDs and the differences are the water tank and direct connection. Does it leave the Vostok with a smaller water tank? Thx 

@DavecUKknows more than me, but having followed the thread on the other forum - I think the Vostok single is plumb only and was demonstrated at a show, but seemingly delayed/less practical/higher cost/etc.  While the Vesuvius leva was kick started as an existing idea late last year taking the Vesuvius and simply swapping the group - resulting in a model with a reservoir much more quickly - hence Frankenstein and what's now about to emerge as a first batch.

• Like 3

I see. I read the coffee time forum; perhaps, I missed the plumb only version discussions on that forum. The magazine’s descriptions of two machines puzzled me. Your response makes sense. Thanks @danielpugh

13 minutes ago, Like Medium Strong Coffee said:

I see. I read the coffee time forum; perhaps, I missed the plumb only version discussions on that forum. The magazine’s descriptions of two machines puzzled me. Your response makes sense. Thanks @danielpugh

So many posts! Easy to miss all the different parts.  Briefly discussed on first post on first page, then here and there since + you see the single group at the show it in a YouTube video - one by espresso TV and so on.

It's surprising to see these two machines being supposedly introduced at the same time, as I'm not sure why one would pick the Vostok 1 group over the Vesuvius EVO Leva (unless price is a factor, or unless there are some different standards for commercial machines)... we shall see!

Different projects born out of different needs. The Vostok range are purely commercial I think

• Like 2

Lets All Laugh At T C...........29 and counting

10 hours ago, Eiffel said:

It's surprising to see these two machines being supposedly introduced at the same time, as I'm not sure why one would pick the Vostok 1 group over the Vesuvius EVO Leva (unless price is a factor, or unless there are some different standards for commercial machines)... we shall see!

Out of interest, what advantage does the vesuvius leva have over the vostok 1 group, other than the addition of the water tank? 

Sorry, playing devils advocate slightly here.

18 minutes ago, Holonomic said:

Out of interest, what advantage does the vesuvius leva have over the vostok 1 group, other than the addition of the water tank? 

Sorry, playing devils advocate slightly here.

You can buy it 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

@Holonomic size, boilers material, internal gear pump.

And, you can buy it 😁

So, I think the big one here is that it exists and we can buy it :D obviously a clear positive, is the vostok 1 group still planned to be released at all or is the vesuvius leva it's full time replacement? 

I guess it will get released, but it's not a machine designed for home use.

Hi,

I’ve been following this thread closely ever since someone in HB forum mentioned this machine. I’m not into graphs and geeking out and that’s why I feel a lever is my best bet. No back flushing is a huge bonus too. I’ve been eyeing Londinium R for years and then R24 came along with much better functionality but 2 things are holding me back, one is the 1h heat up time and the second is the wet steam (I don’t want sweeter milk). This machine however is very appealing but I got some concerns regarding the LSM group. The odd size of baskets is limiting, the over pressure (not that I know the difference but isn’t 8.5 bars like in profitec pro 800 is more suitable than 11bars? ) and the puck sneezing. 

I live in a country where people don’t buy levers and it’s not popular here at all and I can’t service the machine if anything goes wrong, I know levers requires less maintenance and that’s why I chose to go this route. Any advice or tips on that? 

I just want to make sure that I made the right decision here. Wether it’s LR24 or ACS VOSTOK 1G. I’d like to see more videos of the final production units and to read more user experience posts too. 

I’ve sent Paolo from ACS a dm here few days back but I think he didn’t read it. That’s why I had to ask here. Sorry for derailing the topic and thanks DaveC for answering my youtube’s questions and for all the information you’re providing. 

@MW11 The first run of 10 production machines will be arriving to the owners in the very near future (one part has held things up). Then you will be able to see the thoughts of 10 different people. The LSM group has been around a long time. If you have followed Dave's thoughts from when he first received his test machine then I do not think he has had any criticism at all. It would have been so easy for him to recommend the much cheaper Fiorenzato group, as used by Bosco and Londinium amongst others. If he had taken that route then for example, you would not have been able to have the manometer fitted as there is simply not the room.

I am sure if you stick any specific questions you have here, then folks will try to answer them as best as they can

Lets All Laugh At T C...........29 and counting

• DavecUK pinned and featured this topic