IGNORED

New 1 group lever from ACS - Vostok 1 group

Hi guys,

Brad here from the Philippines. Very happy to meet you all! After 11 days of being stuck in Philippines customs, they finally released the Evo Leva today and its probably the highlight of the year 🤣 From arriving with some nice footprints, the wooden pallet box was super solid and everything was safe and sound inside.

spacer.png

The biggest reason why I got the Evo Leva is because of my Bentwood grinder. When I first got the Bentwood abroad, I tasted it on both the VA Athena and the Bosco Sorrento. Best espressos of my life. When I brought the grinder back with me to the Philippines, I just couldn't get near what I had tasted before on a big lever.

I can say that of the only 4 shots I pulled today (because it was already 6pm), I definitely taste that magic again. Immediately I'm getting deeper depth of flavor in the cup and lingering aftertaste that my previous machine just couldn't pull out.

spacer.png

On a technical side, I was incredibly surprised at how easy it was to pull on the lever compared to the Athena and the Bosco, is there some sort of mechanical design on the Evo Leva that assists in the amount of force needed?

And the steaming power I found was somewhere in between the overpowered Bosco and the more subtle Athena. Very impressive quality of foam and really easy to get some good texture.

spacer.png

Extremely excited to start pulling some straight light roast espresso tomorrow and very glad to be part of this community!

• Like 9

@Bradliew welcome to the forum....amazing that it got all the way to the Philippines with both feet on the case.

On a technical side, I was incredibly surprised at how easy it was to pull on the lever compared to the Athena and the Bosco, is there some sort of mechanical design on the Evo Leva that assists in the amount of force needed?

The Evo group is an expensive group and works a little nicer than the one you tried.

• Like 1

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

4 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

@Bradliew welcome to the forum....amazing that it got all the way to the Philippines with both feet on the case.

@DavecUK thank you so much!

Not only did it arrive intact, it also only took 3 days to arrive from Naples 😅 but then… 11 days in customs. 

Edited by Bradliew

Has anyone received any shipping notifications in the past two weeks? My machine was supposed to ship 6 weeks ago but then the strike happened and I went on holiday so it was supposed to ship last week but I have not heard anything regarding shipping. 

9 minutes ago, gus6464 said:

Has anyone received any shipping notifications in the past two weeks? My machine was supposed to ship 6 weeks ago but then the strike happened and I went on holiday so it was supposed to ship last week but I have not heard anything regarding shipping. 

I only know what Paolo told me the other day when I asked, that a few machines are waiting for replacement knobs as the finishing from the supplier was not up to standard.

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

@Bradliew Welcome to the forum and our exclusive Evo family! Have a great time and enjoy pulling some great shots. Please do share your experiences and videos. GL! 😊

• Thanks 1

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” — George Bernhard Shaw

15 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

I only know what Paolo told me the other day when I asked, that a few machines are waiting for replacement knobs as the finishing from the supplier was not up to standard.

This was also the issue with me. Apparently the new shipment of knobs should be in by the end of the week so perhaps we'll see our machines shipped next week.

3 minutes ago, dfk41 said:

@gus6464 Got mine last week, Tuesday and the machine is sitting at the depot to be collected tomorrow

another one? 

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

5 hours ago, Bradliew said:

Hi guys,

Brad here from the Philippines. Very happy to meet you all! After 11 days of being stuck in Philippines customs, they finally released the Evo Leva today and its probably the highlight of the year 🤣 From arriving with some nice footprints, the wooden pallet box was super solid and everything was safe and sound inside.

spacer.png

The biggest reason why I got the Evo Leva is because of my Bentwood grinder. When I first got the Bentwood abroad, I tasted it on both the VA Athena and the Bosco Sorrento. Best espressos of my life. When I brought the grinder back with me to the Philippines, I just couldn't get near what I had tasted before on a big lever.

I can say that of the only 4 shots I pulled today (because it was already 6pm), I definitely taste that magic again. Immediately I'm getting deeper depth of flavor in the cup and lingering aftertaste that my previous machine just couldn't pull out.

spacer.png

And the steaming power I found was somewhere in between the overpowered Bosco and the more subtle Athena. Very impressive quality of foam and really easy to get some good texture.

spacer.png

Extremely excited to start pulling some straight light roast espresso tomorrow and very glad to be part of this community!

Welcome to the forum and to the Evo Leva club.

I have exact same trolley, actually I think I took very similar picture when my machine arrived! 

Enjoy!

IMG_20210811_125649.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bradliew said:

Hi guys,

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

@Bradliew Congratulations on your Evo, and welcome to the growing list of cognoscenti from around the world! All the best and enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been having some great results pulling some light roast straight espresso at @Denis S's recommended 94 boiler/88 group. 18.5g into the IMS 32 basket with 55mm B plus. Today it was a delicate light roasted Laurina Brazilian Daterra Masterpiece.

spacer.png

I've been noticing though as I'm dialing in, (and I have a suspicion it could be grinder specific to my taste bias with the Bentwood) that I've been really enjoying pulls that seem to be faster, something around the 18 second mark. There's a great subtlety and layered complexity of fruit acidity flavors coming through at this coarser grind pulls compared to the more traditional 30 second shot. And of course it being a lever, I barely sacrifice much body and tactile texture.

I wonder if anyone has experienced this?

On 05/10/2021 at 23:22, Paolo5 said:

I haven't been able to find an Australian supplier of the silicone portafilter gaskets (64mmx53mmx5.5mm) mentioned earlier.

Has anyone found a UK supplier?

If so, is anyone interested in doing a bulk-buy for a group purchase?

On 05/10/2021 at 23:39, rusty pie said:

Hi Paolo, I am. 🙂

Hey @rusty pie do you have a website link for the said portafilter gasket?

Price and delivery time for UK ?

Cheers!

Also the circlip snapped while removing the showescreen to clean, this thread is now 143 pages long, do we have a place where we can order replacements or upgrades from the UK ? I remember seeing something a while ago someone playing with that!

Thanks!