Jump to content
IGNORED

New 1 group lever from ACS - Vostok 1 group


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Levvieman said:

Yep.The group is heavy and takes a while to get fully hot.Fully hot meaning the even the lever itself is hot.

With flushing I could speed it up to about 25-30 minutes 

These days the machine is on a timer and in the morning when I get up is already on for a full hour.

15 minutes is pretty quick.

15 minutes is fast, as the EVO group has about 220W heating capacity because of the cartridges.  A thermosyphon can't deliver that amount of heating at a sustained level with the heat loss of the group increasing by the 4th power as temperature increases.

Those loses become quite large as your group gets hotter and the thermosyphon slows down, all of which makes it slower to get to temperature. This also makes the group slightly cooler than the group on an EVO (by approx 8-10C). Of course that helps cool down the boiler water which is at steaming temperature.

Edited by DavecUK

Sticks and Stones, sours…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until roasted, pick em out and flick them in the bin. Life is too short for bad coffee

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

15 minutes is fast, as the EVO group has about 220W heating capacity because of the cartridges.  A thermosyphon can't deliver that amount of heating at a sustained level with the heat loss of the group increasing by the 4th power as temperature increases.

Those loses become quite large as your group gets hotter and the thermosyphon slows down, all of which makes it slower to get to temperature. This also makes the group slightly cooler than the group on an EVO (by approx 8-10C). Of course that helps cool down the boiler water which is at steaming temperature.

Ok. Well although the LSM group on machines like for instance the LSM 80 Leva was a heat exchanger wirh a thermosyphon loup the Pompei is a pure dipper.

I did some measurements pulling shot after shot 8 years ago with a dig. thermometer  and the thing was real stable.

Edited by Levvieman
typos again
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SL01 said:

A number of interesting observations:

1. Of the 20 or so Evo's now in the hands of paid owners who forked out real money then waited 6 months or so, not one has voiced a regret over their decision. In fact, the support has become literally fierce.

2. Almost immediately after any legitimate questions surface, multiple owners jump in to offer actual, factual experience and explanations.

3. Almost immediately after any questionably legitimate questions surface, multiple owners jump in to offer actual, factual experience and forceful defenses.

4. More importantly, the owners seem to be enjoying their espresso, cappuccino or whatever; light, medium or dark roasts; at various PI and brew, temperatures and times and the focus has always been on the drinks because the Evo just seems to get out of the way and deliver the goods regardless of what is asked of it. This is not the case with lesser levers which require multiple major  "upgrades" to make them perform even after being on the market for literally decades.

5. By a healthy margin, owners are content with the Evo the way it is delivered, with only the choice of shower screen circlip warranting a second look. But no "mods" are suggested or offered, no major flaws unearthed, unlike the umpteen LMLM mods hoping to justify the inexplicable price but sending the real outlay to near a GS3.

I am not a social worker by trade so I do not find using excuses for things that should have been done correctly acceptable. Perhaps putting a 2" square steel frame behind the LSM may completely eliminate any visible flex but that beast would be nearly impossible to install at home if it were to also have 2 boilers, 3 PIDs, a gear pump and a water reservoir for autonomy.

Grafting the LSM group to the Vesuvius chassis is a very pragmatic approach that brought us a superb machine with an accessible price at breakneck speed. I'd say what we are witnessing is a damned good report card for the Evo and its creators (and co-conspirators) and kudo's are in order.

I am truly shocked. I come to this forum because I found this machine on youtube by accident. I found that machine interesting.

I opened a post on a dutch forum because the machinre really looked interesting.

Here it is: 

 

https://www.koffiepraat.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=11572&start=10

 

Cremalover is me.

So what do I say about the Leva?

I'll translate.

1.Double boiler machine with many options.

2.It's for sale.

3.Je kunt de machine bestellen.

image.thumb.png.ba978751d6e27026ef3e2f44d37dc0f9.png

Londinium on steroids
Twee boilers apart te verwarmen,groeptemp. apart te regelen,pre infusie tot 4.2 bar regelbaar.
Twee of een veer heel snel om te bouwen zonder speciale apparatuur.( ik doe het in 15 minuten)
Drukmeter op groep voor manueel pressure profilen.
Op vast water regelbare pre infusie druk gewoon bruikbaar.
Geen weegschaal nodig.Afdruiprek registreerd wat er uit komt.
15minuten is groep op temperatuur. Toch wel extreem snel voor die massa. Met een paar flushes lukt het mij in minder dan 25 minuten. Zonder flushes 45.

Wow!

I say:

Itś a Londinium on steroids.Two boilers seperately heated.You can take out one spring very easily.Pressuregauge on group.On main water supply pressurized preinfusion still possible.No scale needed.Takes 15 minutes to heat up.Extreme fast for that mass of the group.My Pompei takes 45 minutes.

Wow! (same in dutch as in english)

Other member mentioned the flex.

I say true but the the production series get a re-inforced frame. I then say why not reinforcing the frame before going on youtube with it.

 

All in all I'm pretty much selling this machine for you.

In the last post a member mentioned this site and I register and ask about the flex.

 

Next thing I know I  get questioned by two members as if I'm trolling.

Makes totally no sense.

Edited by Levvieman
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Levvieman said:

I am truly shocked. I come to this forum because I found this machine on youtube by accident. I found that machine interesting.

I opened a post on a dutch forum because the machinre really looked interesting.

Here it is: 

 

https://www.koffiepraat.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=11572&start=10

 

Cremalover is me.

So what do I say about the Leva?

I'll translate.

1.Double boiler machine with many options.

2.It's for sale.

3.Je kunt de machine bestellen.

image.thumb.png.ba978751d6e27026ef3e2f44d37dc0f9.png

Londinium on steroids
Twee boilers apart te verwarmen,groeptemp. apart te regelen,pre infusie tot 4.2 bar regelbaar.
Twee of een veer heel snel om te bouwen zonder speciale apparatuur.( ik doe het in 15 minuten)
Drukmeter op groep voor manueel pressure profilen.
Op vast water regelbare pre infusie druk gewoon bruikbaar.
Geen weegschaal nodig.Afdruiprek registreerd wat er uit komt.
15minuten is groep op temperatuur. Toch wel extreem snel voor die massa. Met een paar flushes lukt het mij in minder dan 25 minuten. Zonder flushes 45.

Wow!

I say:

Itś a Londinium on steroids.Two boilers seperately heated.You can take out one spring very easily.Pressuregauge on group.On main water supply pressurized preinfusion still possible.No scale needed.Takes 15 minutes to heat up.Extreme fast for that mass of the group.My Pompei takes 45 minutes.

Othere member mentiones the flex.

I say true but the the production series get a reinforced frame. I then say why not reinforcing the frame before going on youtube with it.

 

All in all I'm pretty much selling this machine for you.

In the last post a member mentiones this site and I register and ask about the flex.

 

Next thing I know I  get questioned by two members as if I'm trolling.

Makes totally no sense.

well sometimes different Language, different approach and a troll pop up. i'm italian and often when i joke some not realize that i'm joking. So don't worry no one will kill you. in any case if you will buy one of this machine and you will remove one spring the flexing will desappear if this is the problem. 😉  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Paolo_Cortese said:

well sometimes different Language, different approach and a troll pop up. i'm italian and often when i joke some not realize that i'm joking. So don't worry no one will kill you. in any case if you will buy one of this machine and you will remove one spring the flexing will desappear if this is the problem. 😉  

I've got an Izzo Pompei.For 9 years now. Isn't Pompei bigger than Vesuvius?😁

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Levvieman Who said English was an international language! I honestly doubt anyone suspects your integrity, but you can see possibly, how your first couple of posts might have been mis interpreted! For clarification, this guy is kosher!

In a race between a donkey and a horse, to see who could reach the bottom first..........one side has a commanding lead

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Levvieman said:

 

well Pompei it's a city, Vesuvius only a small Mountain that in the past covered Pompei with lava and destroied everything. it's a good machine 1/3 of a professional 3 group machine with an iron squared pipe weld inside different approch and different size compared with domestic machine.  

Edited by Paolo_Cortese
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Paolo_Cortese said:

well Pompei it's a city, Vesuvius only a small Mountain that in the past covered Pompei with lava and destroied everything. it's a good machine 1/3 of a professional 3 group machine with an iron squared pipe weld inside different approch and different size compared with domestic machine.  

Ok. I thought Pompeii was still a volcano that possibly could erupt.Where's that pipe?

Edited by Levvieman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A tip for Evo owners.

Make sure the felt liner is installed in the top of the uppewr housing. In my Pompei they forgot of factory to put it in. It resulted in a worn out piston stem guide. Took 8 years to do it but it did. 

This one:

 

Edited by Levvieman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Levvieman Just in case, the Evo group is different in terms of having been updated since then, so I am not sure if the top part mentioned is the same?

Sticks and Stones, sours…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until roasted, pick em out and flick them in the bin. Life is too short for bad coffee

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

@Levvieman Just in case, the Evo group is different in terms of having been updated since then, so I am not sure if the top part mentioned is the same?

I replaced mine with a new one.Besides the shape both are exactly the same.

IMG_20210915_203217.thumb.jpg.439fdb693b61da509eb498a97a43d5d4.jpg

Edited by Levvieman
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...