As there are plenty of lever enthusiasts in this forum - including myself - I thought I'd share this post, from CoffeeTime:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vesuvius/1-group-vostok-dual-boiler-lever-or-is-it-t430.html#p5010

Seems like it's a single group lever, and might even be a dual boiler?

• Like 9

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

Uses the San Marco double spring lever group - interesting. If it gets into production and the price is right - could be a real contender for the LR 24. 

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Even more so if it's £1000 cheaper!

P.S. Could be wishful thinking of course...

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2

I don't want to hear news like this. Dave going put you on my block lis. 

• Like 1

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

2 minutes ago, Jony said:

I don't want to hear news like this. Dave going put you on my block lis. 

Just remember what you paid for yours! 😉

Edited by DavecUK
  • Haha 1

If this happens at the right price I'm going to have a serious case of upgradeitis!

• Haha 1

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

I really hoped this would be announced longer after I bought the MaraX 😬 

Dave if you make me spend even more after the Niche and the MaraX I'm going to be single really quickly...! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lelit MaraX, Niche Zero, MBK Feldgrind, Gene Cafe 101, several brewers... 

8 hours ago, jaffro said:

I really hoped this would be announced longer after I bought the MaraX 😬 

Dave if you make me spend even more after the Niche and the MaraX I'm going to be single really quickly...! 

One of the reasons I bought my machine. Should the worse happens, I could always say something along the lines of “It didn’t work out, and Elizabeth moved in”. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

OK, this is interesting.

With the Vesuvius on the bench, the only Machines that still tempt me is the idea of going Spring Lever (Londinium basically) for the shot quality:simplicity ratio , or maybe looking at flow profiling (even though I can and do, prepare long bloom shots on the V. Amongst many other pointless tricks) 

The Niche is a good enough grinder for me in so many ways, though a single dosing affordable big flat would defo raise an interest.

An ACS 1 group spring lever, at the right price is a proper spanner in the works here 🤣

• Like 2

The group heater/s giving a total warmup time of 15 minutes is (to me) very desirable. I have a Brugnetti Aurora lever machine with a PID'd heater blanket on its group and it totally changes the useability of a big lever machine.

I haven't tried the famed La San Marco lever group yet but all readings indicate that it is a phenomenal thing.

Also a real plus would be the overall quality and thought put into another ACS machine, if the Vesuvius is anything to go by.

I am really looking forward to hearing more about this machine!

• Like 2

This looks super interesting and am sure it will bring some new tech to the lever market, about time someone other than londinium progressed home lever machines.

• Like 4

Love life, love my wife, I’m a great guy!

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/10/2020 at 10:17, steveholt said:

With the Vesuvius on the bench, the only Machines that still tempt me is the idea of going Spring Lever

Same here, I am excited to see the final machine. Hopefully, we will not have to wait too long!

I have been asked about the pump ACS want to use and whether it's OK. It's a nice quiet 24 volt rotary unit good to 4 bar. So variable preinfusion should be on the cards and perhaps even profiled preinfusion. Along with all the other good stuff of course.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, DavecUK said:

I have been asked about the pump ACS want to use and whether it's OK. It's a nice quiet 24 volt rotary unit good to 4 bar. So variable preinfusion should be on the cards and perhaps even profiled preinfusion. Along with all the other good stuff of course.

FABULOUS!!!! ACS continues to innovate.....

• Like 1

After thinking 3 years of Bosco, this is now under the ice lurking... but it has the Rocket-effect: who wants real thing from Napoli called some russian term? I'd sure stamp some plate "Campi Flegrei" or some feminine, like  "Sofia Pozzuolese" ....no no, lets' get it just straight and clear. Let's call it Somma 😉

1 hour ago, oskuk said:

After thinking 3 years of Bosco, this is now under the ice lurking... but it has the Rocket-effect: who wants real thing from Napoli called some russian term? I'd sure stamp some plate "Campi Flegrei" or some feminine, like  "Sofia Pozzuolese" ....no no, lets' get it just straight and clear. Let's call it Somma 😉

Very good! At first I was like.... Is this a reference to Aldous Huxley Brave New World? And then the penny dropped! 👍- I’ll let people do their homework, so no spoilers.

Genius.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully it's going to be competitively priced , it would be a clear winner over Londinium for a low volume household for coffee making. 

Am very interested in the development of this one

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hysaf said:

Hopefully it's going to be competitively priced , it would be a clear winner over Londinium for a low volume household for coffee making. 

Am very interested in the development of this one

It's intended to be very competitive and offer a lot of features.

• Like 1

Really looking forward to this one. And I love the name "Somma" perfect!

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.