IGNORED

Has Bean - In My Mug

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, I Thought I might revive this thread as I've recently started a fortnightly IMM subscription, so here goes!   IMM #608 - COSTA RICA FINCA LICHO YELLOW HONEY VILLA SARCHI I cupped t

Photo from HasBean's FB Page - is that any help?

I think the "small" one is a 25kg Probat. More photos here (from 2007!): https://www.flickr.com/photos/hasbean/sets/72157600935851692/   I'm not sure what the red one is, looks significantly

Posted Images

Kenya Kieni AA - Sowden brew, sweet, pineapple/tropical fruit, creamy mouthfeel. Very tasty. Feels like it has quite a caffeine whack?

A spot of luck in Tesco this morning - found Strathmore and 0.85l bottle of Glaceau. So tried out your 1 part Strathmore/2 Glaceau/3 Volvic suggestion on the Kenyan Kieni using the Bonavita Immersion brewer with same parameters as before. Brew ratio 64g/l 20min steep TDS 1.61 EY 26.63%

Deliciously sweet brew with tropical fruit and hints of background chocolate. In comparison to Waitrose/Volvic - not as creamy, less acidity and sweeter. Tropical fruit less defined (but that could be the bean being less fresh?). Definitely a caffiene hit.

A good blend! Thanks.

HB 1.12 20.3% EY Loads more going on. Fruit for days , a tiny tiny touch roasty . Blackcurrants, big body , tropical stuff going on . Bombared with flavour , hard to work it all out.

One coffee so lacking flavour it's hard to detect , and another with almost too many flavours it's hard to detect !

I got wired straight into this guat (v60) and my oh my is it smooth and quaffable. The juicy acidity is nicely balanced with the caramel.

I'm on it too, but went straight for a cortado, and really love this one! Not going to last long around these parts.

Out of interest, does pacamara always/usually mean larger beans?

I'm on it too, but went straight for a cortado, and really love this one! Not going to last long around these parts.

Out of interest, does pacamara always/usually mean larger beans?

Yes in my experience they've always been large, also means a finer grind!

Guatemala El Limon Pacamara - got to admit a degree of apprehension when gooseberries were mentioned, luckily not a goosegog to be detected in today's Sowden brew: Sweet, choc, caramel & gentle green apple/grape acidity, good body, really quite cuddly :-)

Guatemala El Limon Pacamara - got to admit a degree of apprehension when gooseberries were mentioned, luckily not a goosegog to be detected in today's Sowden brew: Sweet, choc, caramel & gentle green apple/grape acidity, good body, really quite cuddly :-)

3 brews with this today Aeropress, Brazen, Bonavita.

A/P - lots of choc and sweet apple

Brazen & Bonavita - quite similar. Choc/apple sweetness taking a turn toward something more sweet/sour with caramel. I can see why gooseberries are mentioned as they have that sweet/sour green fruit. Bonavita was the best - lovely brew.

Omg the week I decide I'm having a hard time drinking naturals, the IMM is a bloody natural after weeks of washed coffee and me hoping for a natural.

There is no justice :'(

Love the naturals me and it's another pacamara so I'm double happy. Not even opened last weeks yet!!

End of the day you (and I am assuming your on weekly like me here....) just got a £15 bag of beans for £4.80 delivered. POW!

If you really ain't feeling it flog it on to one of the Glasgow heads so no postage involved or swap them for a bag they purchase from a roaster up there. Which ever way you look at this you have a win or even double win situation on your hands.

Love the naturals me and it's another pacamara so I'm double happy. Not even opened last weeks yet!!

End of the day you (and I am assuming your on weekly like me here....) just got a £15 bag of beans for £4.80 delivered. POW!

If you really ain't feeling it flog it on to one of the Glasgow heads so no postage involved or swap them for a bag they purchase from a roaster up there. Which ever way you look at this you have a win or even double win situation on your hands.

Typical. I'm away next week and decided to defer. If i known this was coming......