• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me?  I created the Coffee Forums first Groom. I joined in 2013, seeking advice on a coffee grinder for my then 15 year old, who'd just been diagnosed with severe and permanent sight loss. A diagn

Crazy days on here recently  I’m sorry to see what has happened - i also like to think no one set out to hurt or offend anyone when they joined a forum about coffee - the whole world is messed up n

You see there was a time when we genuinely fad fun, the events were great, Took a lot of organising and time but really interesting to meet the people behind the keyboards. Such a great bunch of old t

Posted Images

Yes the wall was Noah IIRC and Glenn said anyone who so much as mentioned it would be banned. Hence my tentative question a few posts up. It wouldn't surprise me if Noah and Anthorn weren't the same person...

And I can't remember who but I think it was Voldemort, er, He who must, er, Noah who also started some ridiculous thread about cycling, which I remember offering genuine advice on, before realising I'd been totally trolled.

___

Eat, drink and be merry.

Rocket R58, Ceado E37S, Aeropress, Aergrind, Torr Goldfinger flat and convex.

• Like 1

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

I'd forgotten about CharlieC and him pishing off with a dozen or so brass dispersion plates (well the dosh for them)...

It always struck me as such a small amount to go rogue over... he seemed to spend most of his time on here and then for the sake of 150 odd squids................

Noah on the other hand was actually slightly amusing..............  

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff......

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

15 minutes ago, Drewster said:

I'd forgotten about CharlieC and him pishing off with a dozen or so brass dispersion plates (well the dosh for them)...

It always struck me as such a small amount to go rogue over... he seemed to spend most of his time on here and then for the sake of 150 odd squids................

I had the pleasure of trying to chase him down for that cash, he was a twat, and had previous behaviour according to his family, who were at a loss with him .

Bit of a Walter Mitty character tbh 
He has the chance to sell a piece of his coffee gear to clear his debt , but he refused to.

Avsolute cock

• Like 1

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

I’d like to think it was more because he was a bit shit with money, rather than he went out with the intent to take peoples money. It doesn’t have any different impact for the poor folk that lost out (Glenn reimbursed everyone IIRC.

ef656aa981ab0b495f15d8c665f1da0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

6 minutes ago, Mrboots2u said:

I had the pleasure of trying to chase him down for that cash, he was a twat, and had previous behaviour according to his family, who were at a loss with him .

He has the chance to sell a piece of his coffee gear to clear his debt , but he refused to.

Avsolute cock

Don’t hold back bootsy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Love life, love my wife, I’m a great guy!

Avsolute cock

Benefit of the the doubt retracted. Here he is from nose down.
887bbaf4bb31832b9513044316d1e9b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

1 hour ago, Drewster said:

Noah "I'm going to build a wall". I think he was slightly before my time but I remember finding the thread and splitting my sides laughing over some of the images.

attachment-1.jpg.f369277ef9f1494e3ce978ef6dab424e.jpg

Edited by Rob1
  • Like 2

ACS Minima (Beta) with Bianca Paddle -- Reskinned Ceado E8, Niche Zero --- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

WATER CALCULATOR

15 hours ago, Rob1 said:

Noah "I'm going to build a wall". I think he was slightly before my time but I remember finding the thread and splitting my sides laughing over some of the images.

attachment-1.jpg.f369277ef9f1494e3ce978ef6dab424e.jpg

Ah the memories of cats and walls, priceless

• Like 2

Love life, love my wife, I’m a great guy!

Joined because I was researching my impulse buy of a Gaggia classic which was a consequence of buying a Aeropress and not really enjoying it which in itself was a consequence of WFH since march and missing the office B2C machine.

Best bit of advice or info on here? Hmm. None tbh. Or rather, by reading the many opposing opinions on every subject discussed, I've learned that coffee is very much a person experience and one should treat advice and opinion as exactly that and run your own race accordingly.

8 minutes ago, Blue_Cafe said:

Joined because I was researching my impulse buy of a Gaggia classic which was a consequence of buying a Aeropress and not really enjoying it which in itself was a consequence of WFH since march and missing the office B2C machine.

Best bit of advice or info on here? Hmm. None tbh. Or rather, by reading the many opposing opinions on every subject discussed... 

Sorry.. I have to comment on this.... I can't resist... (warning: It's a joke, so please take it lightly...) Despite the comment above, ignoring all the advice on here, you went and bought a Gaggia Classic 2015?!  😂🤣👍 

10 minutes ago, Blue_Cafe said:

... I've learned that coffee is very much a person experience and one should treat advice and opinion as exactly that and run your own race accordingly.

I totally agree with this. As my dad always told me, if advice was *that* good, then it would not be given for free. Best thing I found is to take as much advice as possible, and take those as input to as your own knowledge, research and experience, not as gospel. After all, an advice is just someone's opinion and preference, it doesn't necessary mean is the best thing for you (you in the general sense).  

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

46 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Sorry.. I have to comment on this.... I can't resist... (warning: It's a joke, so please take it lightly...) Despite the comment above, ignoring all the advice on here, you went and bought a Gaggia Classic 2015?!  😂🤣👍  

I bought it first and then found this forum when looking at what it was I had actually bought :classic_unsure:

If I'd have found this site first, I'd have not bought it.

That said, I'm glad it fell that way. I like the MK2 and it's variations from the original GC.

• Like 1

It would be a lie to say the forum hasn't taught me pretty much everything I know about good coffee. Like any forum or indeed most sources of advice, you have to sort the wheat from the chaff. People repeating orthodoxy they've read while they've never even seen the machine (we're probably all guilty of that at some stage in our eagerness to help n00bs). Same with the whole "flats for light roasts, conical for dark", which is oft quoted yet poorly understood by many. That's what was good about the forum days at Rave: you could meet up with all sorts of people, many who were very knowledgeable, and actually try the coffee from different machines, grinders etc.

___
Eat, drink and be merry.
Rocket R58, Ceado E37S, Aeropress, Aergrind, Torr Goldfinger flat and convex.

• Like 6

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

They were great, both to learn about coffee, machines and grinders in a hands on fashion, and also to put faces to names. I also think when people actually meet in real life it builds a better community. Hope we can do stuff like that again when all this pandemic crap calms down.