IGNORED

Moving forward

2 minutes ago, Daren said:
5 minutes ago, hotmetal said:
Ah I was right! Well done for finding the thread Boots! Proof that even in 'the good old days' Glenn had to lock a thread cos people were getting aggressive over thr definition of a latte!!!'

___
Eat, drink and be merry.
Rocket R58, Ceado E37S, Aeropress, Aergrind, Torr Goldfinger flat and convex.

That's worth fighting over though...

At least it’s coffee related ...

• Like 2
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me?  I created the Coffee Forums first Groom. I joined in 2013, seeking advice on a coffee grinder for my then 15 year old, who'd just been diagnosed with severe and permanent sight loss. A diagn

Crazy days on here recently  I’m sorry to see what has happened - i also like to think no one set out to hurt or offend anyone when they joined a forum about coffee - the whole world is messed up n

Posted Images

Is the ban on mentioning the name "Noah and the Bean" still valid now Glenn has sold the forum? I was getting all misty eyed rereading the Anthorn's latte thread.

___
Eat, drink and be merry.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, coffeechap said:

The wall thread trumps that

Which was that one? I think the Ark had sailed when I came across this place.

I joined up in Dec 2014, just before Christmas.. I've been given a Dualit Espressivo and had bought a Brasilia RR45 after getting fed up with pre-ground. Ended up blowing the pressurised portafilter up with steam coming out of the Dualit.. Oops..

Copped a really nice Gaggia Classic after that and a pair of Mazzers, one of which I still have. Upgraded to a La Pavoni with help from @urbanbumpkin and discovered what a great place the forum was.  Although my pockets started sweating quite a bit since then, and I've gone down the rabbit hole that much that I can't see any light anymore... :whistle:

Met loads of fellow coffee addicts from here at the Rave do's that @coffeechaporganised, and remember buzzing from excess caffeine at the first one.. Thank god for the Aldi/Lidl round the corner and for @MarkyPfor the lift down there (with a Bosco rattling in the boot lol). Still remember the coffee I took down and TSK turning it into peach juice via a V60 (probably the only time I've been blown away by a coffee..)

Several years later and a long way from a Dualit and Brasilia (although still have the La Pavoni and Mazzer) and still here. Met some really great folks along the way, drunk a lot of coffee and still alive to tell the tale.

• Like 4

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

The wall thread was stupid as it was deleted and we were expressly forbidden from talking about it or referencing it. 

In terms of trolling it was pretty poor, by other forums I posted on at the time anyway.

The wall thread was stupid as it was deleted and we were expressly forbidden from talking about it or referencing it. 

In terms of trolling it was pretty poor, by other forums I posted on at the time anyway.

Fair enough I didn’t realise we weren’t meant to mention it.

4dc2aca7d7e9e988e1d96ef967b250ef.jpg

https://gfycat.com/gifs/search/fawlty+towers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Yes the wall was Noah IIRC and Glenn said anyone who so much as mentioned it would be banned. Hence my tentative question a few posts up. It wouldn't surprise me if Noah and Anthorn weren't the same person...

And I can't remember who but I think it was Voldemort, er, He who must, er, Noah who also started some ridiculous thread about cycling, which I remember offering genuine advice on, before realising I'd been totally trolled.

___

Eat, drink and be merry.

• Like 1

I'd forgotten about CharlieC and him pishing off with a dozen or so brass dispersion plates (well the dosh for them)...

It always struck me as such a small amount to go rogue over... he seemed to spend most of his time on here and then for the sake of 150 odd squids................

Noah on the other hand was actually slightly amusing..............  

15 minutes ago, Drewster said:

I'd forgotten about CharlieC and him pishing off with a dozen or so brass dispersion plates (well the dosh for them)...

It always struck me as such a small amount to go rogue over... he seemed to spend most of his time on here and then for the sake of 150 odd squids................

I had the pleasure of trying to chase him down for that cash, he was a twat, and had previous behaviour according to his family, who were at a loss with him .

Bit of a Walter Mitty character tbh 
He has the chance to sell a piece of his coffee gear to clear his debt , but he refused to.

Avsolute cock

• Like 1

I’d like to think it was more because he was a bit shit with money, rather than he went out with the intent to take peoples money. It doesn’t have any different impact for the poor folk that lost out (Glenn reimbursed everyone IIRC.

ef656aa981ab0b495f15d8c665f1da0b.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mrboots2u said:

I had the pleasure of trying to chase him down for that cash, he was a twat, and had previous behaviour according to his family, who were at a loss with him .

He has the chance to sell a piece of his coffee gear to clear his debt , but he refused to.

Avsolute cock

Don’t hold back bootsy

• Like 2
Avsolute cock

Benefit of the the doubt retracted. Here he is from nose down.
887bbaf4bb31832b9513044316d1e9b5.jpg

1 hour ago, Drewster said:

Noah "I'm going to build a wall". I think he was slightly before my time but I remember finding the thread and splitting my sides laughing over some of the images.

attachment-1.jpg.f369277ef9f1494e3ce978ef6dab424e.jpg

Edited by Rob1
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, Rob1 said:

Noah "I'm going to build a wall". I think he was slightly before my time but I remember finding the thread and splitting my sides laughing over some of the images.

attachment-1.jpg.f369277ef9f1494e3ce978ef6dab424e.jpg

Ah the memories of cats and walls, priceless

• Like 3