Hi,

I will upgrade my coffee machine from Delonghi scultura (3 years old) to Gaggia Classic pre-2015 model. The grinder is delonghi burr kg79.

I can't really make decisions which grinder machine to buy for at home use. We make about 6 coffee a day.

I can buy one Mazzer super jolly for 175 without beans container about 1 year old or 3 years old Eureka mignon for 230. 

What do you think which grinder is better?

The third option is Mazzer mini but I didn't find any right now.

Thanks your help.

IMG_20201017_125407.jpg

IMG_20201017_125334.jpg

Of the 2 grinders you mentioned, the Super Jolly gives a better grind but may need new burrs...even if it has new burrs, it may not have OEM ones in and it makes a significant difference IMO. It can be modded to retain less coffee and a glass tube hopper can be used. Lots of examples of how people have modded their SJ grinders on here. Build quality is very robust because it's a commercial grinder

The Mignon may or not need new burrs depending on usage...but many people use them on here as their espresso grinder and have done for years.

Ultimately it's down to what you want on your counter at home, in terms of space, size, aesthetics, and of course how you intend to use it. With a Mignon you have a knob to turn to adjust grind, can be a lot of turning to move from espresso to filter and back again. With an SJ, can be a bit stiff and probably only slightly less hassle to move between grinds.

Edited by DavecUK
  • 3 weeks later...