Hello Coffee Lovers! 

So a long story short, I am opening a mobile coffee business in January 2021! Yey! My little van and I will be rocking up all over the Surrey and Hampshire area. I am looking for some advise from anyone who wants to give it! I have been a barista and manager for a longggg time but have always wanted something of my own. 
my questions to you are: 

what do you look for in a good mobile coffee van (apart from amazinggg coffee and cake) 

what kinds of locations would you stop for a coffee at a coffee van? A superstore car park? A trading estate? A lay-by?  (If local to surrey and hampshire please be specific) 

for those of you who love a farmer market, what do you look for in a great coffee set up at a market? 

and for those of you who may have ventured into this yourselves? Any advise? 

Any advise would be well recieved! 

️ 

1 minute ago, The Coffee Can said:

what do you look for in a good mobile coffee van (apart from amazinggg coffee and cake) 

what kinds of locations would you stop for a coffee at a coffee van?
A superstore car park?
A trading estate?
A lay-by?️ 

For repeat custom "anywhere" - Good coffee

A superstore car park? ) I wouldn't "look" here but if I happened
A trading estate?          ) to be there and it didn't think it looked
A lay-by?️                       ) sh!te I might give it a go

It'd have to be bloody good for me to consider going regularly.
When I am in these places tbh I am not going for coffee and sitting in a car-park/layby isn't a vibe I particularly enjoy. (In "different times" if I am working on an estate I would welcome a decent coffee)

Farmers Market - Often when I am at this sort of place I DO look for a nice cup of coffee so :-) 

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff......

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Hmmm, i probably wouldn’t stop in a lay-by or trading estate for a coffee, i tend to associate those places with bad quality burgers and polystyrene cups of tea - id probably wrongly assume it was crap 
Im more likely to assume its good coffee at pop up street food events, farmers markets, town/city centres etc. 

the one major thing (other than great tasting speciality coffee) i want from a barista is passion! call me old fashioned, but I've always thought a baristas job is to excite and educate the drinker - i love nothing more than being handed my drink and being told what it is and what tasting notes to expect. It instantly tells me this person cares about this drink! 👍🏼 

Funnily enough - many years ago, it was a barista handing me a coffee and telling me the tasting notes that really opened my eyes to good coffee. That passion made me go back every day and I still buy most of beans from there. - sooo many places forget this vital aspect of being a barista! 

• Like 2

Lelit MaraX, Eureka Mignon Facile  

Follow me on instagram @ roast_2_roast