IGNORED

Gaggia Classic (PID, OPV Mod and steam wand) plus accessories - Great starter kit £275.00 collected

2012 Gaggia Classic for sale. Owned from new and only light use (4 drinks per month) until lockdown earlier this year when I have been making approx 5-7 drinks per week.

First upgrade early on was the Rancillio steam wand and in recent months I have fitted the Mr Shades PID kit and undertaken the OPV mod (10 bar static).  The machine has been great to use with no issues other than changing the seals on the steam wand (for full disclosure I had to change the thermal fuse after fitting the PID Kit - I connected something up wrong - Mr Shades was amazing in diagnosing and helping identify my rookie error).   I am only selling as I couldn't resist upgrading to the Lelit Mara X.

The PID has been mounted on the water tank cover with double sided tape so it can be easily lifted and even stood on the side to fill the tank (see photo)

The Classic is in great condition, the only marks to note are on the bottom of the portafilter (see photos) which were done when I removed the spout to fit the pressure gauge for the OPV mod.

A mixture of bottled water and tap water has been used but I live in a soft water area (SR7 postcode).  Puly descaler put through every 6 months.

Sale to include:

• Original pressurised baskets, plastic spoon and plastic tamper
  • Additional double basket
  • Blanking plate
  • Motta 58mm tamper
  • Rhinowares hand grinder
  • Sachet of Puly descaler

This should make a great starter pack for anyone wishing to begin their coffee journey and looking to sell on the forum before advertising elsewhere.

£275 with collection from Seaham, County Durham (cash on collection or PayPal friends and family).  Postage would be considered if arranged by new owner - I do not have the original box although I have been saving loads of bubble wrap just in case - but it would be additional buyers cost and risk.

Thanks in advance

Konrad

Main Pic.jpg

Main Pic 2.jpg

Production label.jpg

Side pic 1.jpg

Side pic 2.jpg

PID 1.jpg

PID 2.jpg

Accessories.jpg

Tamper.jpg

Internal 1.jpg

Internal 2.jpg

Portafilter 1.jpg

Portafilter 2.jpg

Edited by The Systemic Kid
1 minute ago, Lovelock said:

Interested in this, whats the situation with arranging postage?

Also, not quite ready for grinder yet... how does the Rhino match up to the machine?

I used mine with Rhino for something like 6months. Doable as long as you a) manage your expectations b) willing to do some hand work on the lowest setting (decent workout in the morning).

2 hours ago, Lovelock said:

Also, not quite ready for grinder yet... how does the Rhino match up to the machine?

Be a good idea to take this on to the grinder forum threads rather than take this sales thread off topic. Short answer though - it doesn't. You will need a much better grinder.

• Like 2

Norėčiau juodos kavos

2 hours ago, Lovelock said:

I was happy with the Rhino for around 12-18 months but then I was only making a couple of drinks each month and as@Zeak says, you need to manage expectations.  I knew an electric grinder would be better but I was happy with the results (it’s definitely the lowest setting on the grinder).

I eventually upgraded to a Sage Smart Grinder Pro which worked well.

Re: postage, I can bubble wrap the Classic/accessories and find a suitable box. Preference would be for buyer to arrange courier and cover cost/insurance but I can drop off at local post office and send if cost is covered by new owner (no idea what this would be, I can try and get a price from the post office if I have an idea of destination)

Thanks

• The Systemic Kid changed the title to Gaggia Classic (PID, OPV Mod and steam wand) plus accessories - Great starter kit £275.00 collected

I've had pretty good experiences with RM up to this point, but haven't had to ship anything as big as the Gaggia. 

I'll have a shop around and get back, but in the meantime would also be happy to make a formal offer for the asking price? (And I'll hand the shipping costs of course!) 

Edited by Keggs
  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo